Forums that you regret joining and why you left them

Alantor32

On 3/19/2017 at 5:04 AM, Rose_OmnisLacrima said:

Stupid people, fake people, people with ulterior motives, racist people exist on everywhere! It's like a VIRUS from Resident Evil game scattered around the world/ internet, of course not everyone is like this (and it's good)
I'm a member of some sites like gamefaqs or psntrophies.org or exophase, but the only one where i spend the most time is here on psnprofiles!

BTW Youtube is the worse place to have a discussion, is full of shitty people  with nothing in the head! It's a waste of time arguing with these people

Always stay away from the youtube comment section.

On 21/03/2017 at 2:46 AM, jackmadrox said:

Yes, but they can be pretty funny to read though :lol:

It's funny to read human stupidity?

On 20/03/2017 at 1:15 PM, hugglebunn-e said:

Don't worry i'm already vaccinated

Edited by Rose_OmnisLacrima

22 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

A forum where ''Kotaku culture'' is part of the regular jargon isn't one worth sticking around in.

No. not kotaku the word to describe a stereotype, Kotaku, like the gaming "journalism" site and the issues it panders to.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Youtube will always get trolls and people willing to hurt others for their own gain. It's the #1 video hosting website out there, so this is pretty much expected. A few people like Keemstar and various others go to great lengths to post entire videos to express and relish in Youtube drama. I've seen various channels like the Archfiend and undertakerfreak1127 base their entire premise on rant videos. While I appreciated both of them expressing their honest views and opinions even when they were getting sheer numbers of downvotes on some of their videos, it's that angle and stance that has made Youtube a very toxic environment.

I would strongly advice parents to keep their little kids away from Youtube as you can watch videos on women having sex, giving live births, people getting beaten to near-death states in fast food restaurants, road rage accidents, people getting shot, police brutality, etc. Sure, most of these are age restricted, but that's an easy hurdle to get past. It's so easy to find explicit and inappropriate content now that I'm surprised more kids haven't found ways to bypass the censors put in place.

Stay away from Youtube comments as someone else mentioned. They're a good way to start fights.

• Like 1

As I give no name (because they don't deserve any mention!), I joined a few forums of a fandom. Yet, this fandom was the most cancerous, unrespectful and hypocritical one I have ever met. When I thought I was surrounded by the greatest community and people I could find, I was completely wrong when I got another direction in life and that I wanted to leave it. From there, a bunch of individuals I knew in real life went against me, tried to mess with me. Some even came with short unrespectful comments on social medias.

After this whole mess, I removed every account in these forums. Screw this fandom!

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

11 minutes ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

As I give no name (because they don't deserve any mention!), I joined a few forums of a fandom. Yet, this fandom was the most cancerous, unrespectful and hypocritical one I have ever met. When I thought I was surrounded by the greatest community and people I could find, I was completely wrong when I got another direction in life and that I wanted to leave it. From there, a bunch of individuals I knew in real life went against me, tried to mess with me. Some even came with short unrespectful comments on social medias.

After this whole mess, I removed every account fandom forums. Screw this fandom!

Truth time now. You're talking about bronies, aren't you.

There's a fandom forum that I would frequent for a while that I just sort of dropped off from. Most of the members there were cool people, but there was this one girl who was way too passionate about her favorite character/pairing in this series that it made me decide to lessen my time on there. She was the type who just HAD to remind you that her favorites were the best, and she would get weirdly offended when someone disagreed about anything.

Also Gaia Online, because I'm not a thirteen-year-old anymore lol.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:15 PM, hugglebunn-e said:

I love reading the comment section, and do post there too. :D I guess I don't get triggered about the stuff people write there. Videos without a comment section or a comment section that is overly moderated makes me no want to watch the videos. Why? Well, the comment section will often point out issues with the video, corrections, opposing views and opinions etc. I want to read that.

• 4 weeks later...

GameFAQs, because having any kind of conversation with a lot of the people on those forums tends to feel like having a conversation with a brick wall that keeps repeating the same string of words.

Also, Myanimelist, even though I do still post on there now and again, though mostly just for lols. It has one of the worst communities I've seen online, and some very inconsistent moderating. You'll get threads that are deleted almost immediately for breaking one of the forum's rules such as "no discussing sexual topics", then you'll get another thread that seems just as or more "sexual" being left entirely alone, to give but one of many examples.

I got an "official warning" for "trolling" by responding to a thread entitled "why do we accept transsexuals into society when it's clearly a mental disorder?", with the OP going on to bash trans people. I simply posted "dunno, why do we accept assholes like OP into society?". I guess my post was somehow worse than the thread, since the thread still continued to exist after that. Ironically though, I've posted some genuine bait/trolling on that forum A LOT over the years, much of it being a lot worse than what I posted in that thread, but somehow that's the only post that someone decided to report, or that the mods decided to do anything about.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

GameFAQs, because having any kind of conversation with a lot of the people on those forums tends to feel like having a conversation with a brick wall that keeps repeating the same string of words.

Also, Myanimelist, even though I do still post on there now and again, though mostly just for lols. It has one of the worst communities I've seen online, and some very inconsistent moderating. You'll get threads that are deleted almost immediately for breaking one of the forum's rules such as "no discussing sexual topics", then you'll get another thread that seems just as or more "sexual" being left entirely alone, to give but one of many examples.

I got an "official warning" for "trolling" by responding to a thread entitled "why do we accept transsexuals into society when it's clearly a mental disorder?", with the OP going on to bash trans people. I simply posted "dunno, why do we accept assholes like OP into society?". I guess my post was somehow worse than the thread, since the thread still continued to exist after that. Ironically though, I've posted some genuine bait/trolling on that forum A LOT over the years, much of it being a lot worse than what I posted in that thread, but somehow that's the only post that someone decided to report, or that the mods decided to do anything about.

Agreed, some forums are like that, but GameFAQs takes it to a whole new level of trolling. Plus, I met one of the moderators at a Neptunia forum and he was rude and disrespectful to my heritage, I tried telling him that some idiots at GameFAQs were attacking Sony fans and calling Sony fans dudebros, but he claims it's their opinion which is utter bullcrap...

You made interesting points on GameFAQs and the moderators there are either heartless or corrupted and drunk with power.

I joined an Animal Crossing forum back around the time New Leaf was released. Now I'm sure you're all familiar with the jist of how AC functions, with stuff changing daily and paying off your mortgage and the like. Kind of like Harvest Moon but with no farm and furries everywhere.

Anyway, there was like a 2-faction split in this forum. Those who time-travelled (TT) and those who didn't. For clarification, in AC you can fast forward the clock to accelerate things changing in your town like things being built or villagers moving in or out. Those who changed the clock to accomplish stuff would shun those who didn't. There were often people who seemed to think the non-time travellers were 'holier than thou' goody two shoes. There were constant arguments about how the game was intended to be played, with the TTers saying that if the devs didn't want you to TT, they wouldn't allow you to adjust the clock, and non-TTers saying that TTing ruined the fun of the game for them.

It was constant bickering with neither side interacting much with the other outside of those arguments.

Got myself out of there after about 2 months.

• 3 months later...

VGchartz is the first gaming forum I joined and I left about a month or so in. I absolutely can't stand that forum! The community is so toxic and clichey. The mods barely do anything and just let people post whatever they want. The mods/writers are extremely biased and fabricate sales numbers. I wouldn't recommend that site to anyone! 

PSNProfiles is the exact opposite. The community is extremely friendly and are always willing converse. I truly feel at home here! 

Edited by Firefoxie
  • Like 4

HighDefDigest.  It was fun for a few years, but the site is mostly just a clique of five or six people, and even they barely post anymore.  The site is pretty much dead.

I'm still a member of Blu-ray.com, but I'll be honest, it's just out of habit at this point.  I've been there a decade.  The community is cancer.  Nearly everyone that was there when I joined is long gone. Now it's a bunch of creeps, weirdos, insane stalkers, and angry people who just want to argue all day.  I haven't had a good conversation there in years.

• Like 1

I was a member of Snesorama for a decade, I miss those guys and girls so much. I've lost contact with all of them which is a real pity, the main group where from all over the world and we always had something to talk about or crap on :)

I'll never regret joining, I left because the site basically vanished and we never communicated in any other way.

Snesorama was a emulation site where I uploaded my fare share.