Forums that you regret joining and why you left them

Alantor32

In my opinion internet or real place have folks that are on your wave, folks that are on other and folks that are mud in da watah. And this formula like a mirror reflects the same to each user. I left most of forums, like Flashpoint, Test Drive, Silent Hill big communities only because my folks are gone from there or content stop coming. I left cjing forums because decided to stop doing producing. I'm kinda not even in personal with any one, if there is fun I could enjoy, I will, regardless people who doesn't want me to do so. Also I'm there, where game threads are, so nothing harmful ever comes to me, game is a game and opposite side just a competition that makes a game hotter.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

On 6/10/2017 at 6:12 PM, sstimbs said:

Gamefaqs. toxic as fuck

Same here. Especially the PS3 section back in the day was full of ****, with well-known trolls left to post cancer content and other idiots posting crap like "WORLD EXCUSE NEWS!!!! THAT NOBODY CARES OF" junk.

I also left a known site from my country a couple of weeks ago due to their stupid policy "if you get yourself deleted from the forum and eventually decided to return some time later, you're officially a outcast that make fake accounts even if it's not really true". And their newsers were illiterate, to be honest.

And finally i left a PSP-related site after being treated like **** after serving as a mod for like 3-4 years and even becoming admin. Due to personal issues i couldn't do much and they pretended i was being "rude" with other users (including my friends and people i never talked with for several years!), they started defamating me and perma-banning my account, threatening my friends. A couple of months later the same persons who accused me wanted me back but i refused to return to my old position. They gave me VIP status but then asked to remove it. Personally i wish them all the worst.

I wasn't part of NeoGAF but i'm glad it's going down. They didn't even accept ANY of my legit email addresses for registrations, and i heard they rarely accept registrations unless you're part of some "elite" or from the gaming industry itself. Pitiful.

Edited by Lance_87

3 hours ago, OhTheSilence said:

I really regret the way Gamespot ended up turning out over the last few years. Originally, I had like 36k posts there and there was normally decent discussion. It's slowly lost its charm with me and I haven't been on it since maybe 2006?

I remember getting banned from Gamespot for bringing up that one of their best characters of all time voting poll was getting rigged by another site spamming a voting script for lulz.

• Like 1

Not really into forums and social media and selfies and the Kim Kardashian and the Justin Beibers and the anime girly stuff you kids are into these days.

But ever since I got into trophy hunting, this website is pretty cool. Only forum I visit. A couple of blue pillers and weeabos, but nonetheless PSNP rules >:)

So no regrets >:)

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

At one point I was desperately trying to decide which platform to primarily spend my time and money on... PC vs PlayStation? So I thought I'd join a more generalized, unbiased community that covered all areas of gaming for thoughts... and I happened upon a little site called Gamespot.

Within 5 minutes of posting what would be considered a pretty genuine recounting of both platforms positive aspects along with the posed question... I was subject to some of the most vile, toxic, inane, childish, insulting (to me personally), brand of PC elitism that I've seen in my several decades on the internet.

So I made it a personal goal to do everything I could to get banned. After eventually berating and noticeably hurting the feelings of a moderator who senselessly condoned the behavior, my wish was granted.

EDIT: Needless to say, I'm not a PC gamer at the moment.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

Like a regenerator from Resident evil 4, neoGAF won't stay dead.

The damage is already done and more than likely will never be fixed. The only thing left is to sit back and watch the fire continue.

• Like 2

I like reading comments in utube. Did you guys read the comments in every fallout 4 video, it's hillarious!!!(Uh Bugthesda!!! ?) I don't take internet seriously and i just go to forums to make popcorn conversation (know what i mean?). But from what every1 is saying, it's very clear that the hive mind behaviour and the users that enjoy to dogpile on other users or the snowflakes triggered by your opinions!!! it sure can make a community trashy,

• Like 3