Drawn to death will be free for PS Plus members in April

ratchetdude231

We just couldn’t wait any longer to share the good news, so here we are — finally — loud and proud and excited as-all-get-out to announce that Drawn To Death launches April 4 and is free for PS Plus members!

Source

Wasn't really interested in buying this game out as it was coming out on the same day as Persona 5, but since it's going to be a free PS Plus game I'm looking forward to playing it at some point. 

Edited by ratchetdude231

3 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

They can't make up their damn minds lol. First it was gonna use a free 2 play model, then they were ditching that to make it a paid game. Now they're giving it away for free. They gotta get their crap together lol.

I think it's a smart decision. You never know this could go big similar to what happened with rocket league, but in my opinion this game would be DOA if it weren't for offering it for free on PS Plus. 

Releasing this game on the same day as Persona 5 was a bad decision and it still is a bad decision, but releasing it on PS Plus will at least alleviate that issue somewhat. 

I am really skeptical about this game... The kerfuffle about the F2P - paid - PS+ doesn't fill me with confidence. Compared to "is our game any fun?", "how will we make money?" should be an easy question to answer. 

Still, going on PS+ probably provides them the best of both worlds - it's the Rocket League approach and, if it works, could propel them to stratospheric levels of success. 

9 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Releasing this game on the same day as Persona 5 was a bad decision and it still is a bad decision, but releasing it on PS Plus will at least alleviate that issue somewhat. 

Yeah, I guess that more ''casual gamers'' and people who don't care about Persona will try it out now that it's being offered for free with PlayStation Plus. Maybe the developers even decided to charge people money for this game just so it could be offered as part of the IGC to get more attention than just being another one of those free-to-play games in the PlayStation Store.

Edited by Lucas

Just now, StrickenBiged said:

@ratchetdude231 There's already a trophy list and, consequently, a forum area for the thread, by the way:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3624-drawn-to-death/

I will invoke a mod to more it across. Summon @Stevieboy! ;) 

Yeah thanks. I actually wasn't sure where to post this thread. I just posted it here as all PS Plus related stuff seems to be discussed here.

Well the game looks Neat i guess?

It looks like a potentially funny and particular TPS With many characteristics But if this Is the Actual trophy list and don't change completely for this Final Full release well Nooope, I already have OW on the genre (Or Uncharted as real TPS)  to have casually fun don't want to spend like 80-100 hours on this with my huuge backlog xD Winning 300 Game sin the 1st place seems somehting really annoying and long.

Edited by Sora9427

So they obviously changed it from a F2P model to a high price PSN title for the sole purpose of having the ability to put it on PS +. Now more people will play it and Sony gets a free month of not needing to worry about adding some other non-f2p game to plus.

Don't be fooled. We are all now paying a subscription fee for the added benefit of being allowed to download a F2P game.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, StrickenBiged said:

@ratchetdude231 There's already a trophy list and, consequently, a forum area for the thread, by the way:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/3624-drawn-to-death/

I will invoke a mod to move it across. Summon @Stevieboy! ;) 

Trophy list for the full game isn't going to be the same according to what they said when they closed the beta. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gage said:

Trophy list for the full game isn't going to be the same according to what they said when they closed the beta.

Oh, right. I haven't been following that closely. 

Well that's confusing... I look forward to all the "what is the correct list for this game" threads we'll end up with once the full version launches!

So this game is basically following the same route as Hardware Rivals? If so, that's pretty cool to know. I was a bit unsure about the game because I didn't get to try the beta, but I'll definitely try out the game when it hits the IGC next month.

I'm not interested in the game at all, but I think making it a PS+ game on launch was a smart move. I'm willing to bet most people aren't even aware of the game, and it doesn't help that it's releasing on the same day as Persona 5, so it would likely be DOA otherwise. Giving it away on PS+ will mean it gets some much needed attention. As others have mentioned, it's similar to Rocket League. There's no way that game would have gotten as popular as it did without PS+. People forget that they already made a Rocket League-style game on PS3 that went nowhere.