PSA Mass Effect: Andromeda is a little rough around the edges.

xZoneHunter

Looks like 2017's first big lesson in why you don't pre-order games. It will probably be good eventually, possibly at a much lower price-point than the current one, but between this and the heavy criticism I've seen regarding the story and characters (Bioware's usual strong suits) it is looking like a wait and see, at best. It's a shame because I really enjoy most Bioware RPGs and might've bought this in a few weeks if the word of mouth was decent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andrea said:

Looks like 2017's first big lesson in why you don't pre-order games. It will probably be good eventually, possibly at a much lower price-point than the current one, but between this and the heavy criticism I've seen regarding the story and characters (Bioware's usual strong suits) it is looking like a wait and see, at best. It's a shame because I really enjoy most Bioware RPGs and might've bought this in a few weeks if the word of mouth was decent.

Pre ordering games isn't that bad. I just think if people pre rider AAA games, then those games just like this are the biggest problems that occurs way more. Mostly games that aren't AAA ain't have problems of day 1 games like psycho pass Mandatory Happiness, steins gate 0 and j stars victory versus. It mostly depends on the publishers every no matter what a game will have problems no matter what. If a developer really cares of just not rushing and taking care of the issues before release, then pre ordering isn't going to be an issue by those parts. 

1 hour ago, Superstarmaste1r said:

Pre ordering games isn't that bad. I just think if people pre rider AAA games, then those games just like this are the biggest problems that occurs way more. Mostly games that aren't AAA ain't have problems of day 1 games like psycho pass Mandatory Happiness, steins gate 0 and j stars victory versus. It mostly depends on the publishers every no matter what a game will have problems no matter what. If a developer really cares of just not rushing and taking care of the issues before release, then pre ordering isn't going to be an issue by those parts. 

Those examples are awful because they were all localized. By the time we got them they had been out for several months and wouldn't have issues as ridiculous as these, not to mention two of them are visual novels, not exactly something glitch or bug-prone.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nagflar said:

Those examples are awful because they were all localized. By the time we got them they had been out for several months and wouldn't have issues as ridiculous as these, not to mention two of them are visual novels, not exactly something glitch or bug-prone.

I get the differences, but I'm saying those are the games I already pre ordered before back when it's coming out that less likely to not have problems than AAA games where I'm saying pre ordering games ain't that bad as long if you look of which developer that doesn't have issues to begin with including persona 5. More than likely, AAA games have more problems recent years than other parts like indie games like Hotline Miami which is why I don't usually don't get into of AAA games nowadays. 

If developers care more so and fix the issues before release just like the games I mentioned that have no bugs, then AAA games wouldn't be as an issue come day 1 to begin with

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

That video with the dialogue was just terrible. It sounds like they added in the outtakes by accident. I know it's just a trial release currently so the glitches can be forgiven but if the dialogue is just going to be as emotionless and sterile as that video showed I think I'll pass on this one.

2 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

me.atposez9jtt.gif

N-nani!? He has the Stand, KING CRIMSON!

1d3.gif

Ha, the 4th gif reminded me of Dr. Zoidberg. At any rate, animations aren't a thing I think about too much... I can't imagine the whole game will look this goofy anyway. But I don't even know how excited I am for this anyway. I'd expect great things from Bioware and just the fact that it's a Mass Effect game, but I also don't anticipate it living up to the original trilogy. Namely the 2nd and 3rd games. Oh well, wait and see I guess.

5 hours ago, FilmFanatic said:

I'm saving this game for :platinum: #150 so I won't be playing it day one.

@xZoneHunter Can you tell me if skipping through conversations is the same as the previous games where the skip button is also the select reply button because whoever decided that bit of genius ought to have been fired from their job :shakefist:

Pretty sure it's like the previous games. 

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Good thing I play video games for gameplay and not graphics or story. Cause the gameplay in action is amazing IMO. Screw everything else lol.

Gameplay is on point from my experience. But cmon, it's mass effect it's definitely one of the franchises where the story and characters are pretty important.

• Like 1

Played it for 2 or 3 hours or so now while the baby's been down.

Honestly really slow and boring.

Characters don't grab me, at least yet anyway, and there's so far been piss all progression in anything.

You start out as a human with some other humans trying to find a new planet and encountering aliens and shit, pretty simple stuff, that's it for a while. Then

your dad dies (which was obvious as shit by the way) and 

you rank up basically and then you get to walk around a giant ass space station with some other dudes and then you turn the Xbox off because after a few hours without a break you think there's better shit you could be doing with your free time while the baby is asleep.

Anyway, it's not that bad though, I'm decently intrigued to see where it goes (though not mass-ively effect-ed by it, hehe) from here and whatnot. Gameplay's fun, shooting and melee are decent, visuals are pretty decent, though if EA games on Xbox are anything to go off, they should look a LOT better over on PS4, holy shit, Battlefield Hardline on Xbone honestly looks like a 2008 360 game, and Battlefront, I literally could notice the lower res textures and shit the second I was on the little Hoth demo thing while it installed, and I'm one to normally miss / ignore shit like that.

Performance wise, the GIFs and whatnot aren't too representative of the overall experience, a couple frame drops here and there and the odd hiccup, but for the most part, for a game that's not yet released, lacking the obvious day one patch every game has, and was still installing (I started playing around 20gig into the 40 something download), it's running pretty well. I imagine with the patch, because there's always a patch, it should run perfectly fine launch day. I haven't dipped my feet into multiplayer at all, outside of the tutorial, and fun fact, there's a bonus achievement (worth 0 GS) for beating the tutorial before release day, so that sucker is gonna end up probably being one of my rarest achievements over on Xbox.

I can forgive bad lip-synching. I can forgive walking animations. I can forgive that Pathfinder's horrible face (in my opinion face create has never worked well in Mass Effect and I just picked the standard male Shepard face, only game with face create ever where I restarted the game and picked a standard one). I can forgive the game being slow at first. I don't see anything out of the ordinary for Mass Effect, honestly.

9 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

WHAT THE FUCK, KUMAIL NINJIANI VOICES A CHARACTER?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I can't stand that guy's voice, it's so annoying...

I loved the voice work on Mordin Solus. other voice actors may have used their normal voices for the other Salarians, but the race is hyperactive and Mordin's voice actor put in the effort to use that in his speech. Kumail sounds like he's phoning it in even more than usual.

this is why you shouldn't aboard the hype train of any game Ubisoft or EA is behind them.

and seriously, playing the uncharted series especially Uncharted 4, L.A Noire, The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls and sometimes the Yakuza series, I start to notice any other game " no matter what the platform is " animation and facial expressions in comparison looks Cringy!