PSA Mass Effect: Andromeda is a little rough around the edges.

xZoneHunter

57 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yes it is, that's why it's called "the best". The best movies,games, books, whatever are flawless, that's why they're the best. Flawed titles can still be good, but the best are flawless.

No they aren't. Nothing made by human hands can be flawless, by the very fact that humans are not perfect beings. What you consider to be flawless can be considered mediocre by others, and vice versa. I consider Citizen Kane to be awfully boring and full of tiresome dialogue with little in the way of attention grabbing storytelling, but on the other hand I consider To Kill a Mockingbird to be a masterpiece of racially charged storytelling. Both are considered masterpieces of film and novel, but to say either of them are flawless is stupid. Nothing, NOTHING is perfect. Everyone finds a fault in something, whether you agree it's there or not.

Edited by Nishikino Maki
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Nishikino Maki said:

No they aren't. Nothing made by human hands can be flawless, by the very fact that humans are not perfect beings. What you consider to be flawless can be considered mediocre by others, and vice versa. I consider Citizen Kane to be awfully boring and full of tiresome dialogue with little in the way of attention grabbing storytelling, but on the other hand I consider To Kill a Mockingbird to be a masterpiece of racially charged storytelling. Both are considered masterpieces of film and novel, but to say either of them are flawless is stupid. Nothing, NOTHING is perfect. Everyone finds a fault in something, whether you agree it's there or not.

Then you've completely misunderstood my point and you're making false assumptions to boot.

If someone doesn't like something then that doesn't automatically make it flawed, that just makes it not their taste.

I think The Godfather is a flaeless masterpiece. People can think it's not a good movie because it's long and slow but that doesn't automatically make it flawed, in fact that even improves it for those who think it's brilliant.

On the other hand, with bad face animation like this, nobody can say Mass Effect Andromeda is flawless, at most they can say that they don't mind its flaws.

It's like Star Wars. As much as I love it, I can't say any of the movies are perfect, though I can say that I don't mind the corny dialogue (except for in the prequels).

I do hope you get my point now because I don't know how much clearer I can make it: flaws are not opinions, but faults you can either enjoy, hate or be indifferent about.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Then you've completely misunderstood my point and you're making false assumptions to boot.

If someone doesn't like something then that doesn't automatically make it flawed, that just makes it not their taste.

I think The Godfather is a flaeless masterpiece. People can think it's not a good movie because it's long and slow but that doesn't automatically make it flawed, in fact that even improves it for those who think it's brilliant.

On the other hand, with bad face animation like this, nobody can say Mass Effect Andromeda is flawless, at most they can say that they don't mind its flaws.

It's like Star Wars. As much as I love it, I can't say any of the movies are perfect, though I can say that I don't mind the corny dialogue (except for in the prequels).

I do hope you get my point now because I don't know how much clearer I can make it: flaws are not opinions, but faults you can either enjoy, hate or be indifferent about.

So your retort is the totally subjective opinion that you think the Godfather is a flawless masterpiece.

12 minutes ago, BhekifaZ said:

So your retort is the totally subjective opinion that you think the Godfather is a flawless masterpiece.

Read the whole thing. I'm saying that the opinion that something is not good does not automatically make it flawed.

7 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Destiny disagrees :P

Never played it, did they change voice actors in a patch?

28 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Read the whole thing. I'm saying that the opinion that something is not good does not automatically make it flawed.

Never played it, did they change voice actors in a patch?

They changed the robot character voiced by peter dinklage with nolan north. They're both bad either way though, because the dialogue itself is bad

23 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

They changed the robot character voiced by peter dinklage with nolan north. They're both bad either way though, because the dialogue itself is bad

I like Peter Dinkage... What happened, was rehiring Dinkage for extra dialogue more expensive than hiring North to redo everything?

4 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I like Peter Dinkage... What happened, was rehiring Dinkage for extra dialogue more expensive than hiring North to redo everything?

He wasn't available enough pretty much, and people thought his voice work was terrible in destiny

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-Destiny-Developer-Replaced-Peter-Dinklage-77647.html

3 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

He wasn't available enough pretty much, and people thought his voice work was terrible in destiny

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-Destiny-Developer-Replaced-Peter-Dinklage-77647.html

Thanks for the link. I think though that in the end it was probably because of the videogame mafia, who want Nolan North to be in everything.

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Although no one can really save it if the script is poorly written-_-

Indeed:

5 hours ago, Happy said:

No amount of Dinkage or North could save this. I doubt even BRIAN BLESSED could save this.

... Ah, who am I kidding. BRIAN BLESSED can save even the worst sci-fi dialogues.

WzFwV.jpg

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

UnitedLameElver-size_restricted.gif

Comin for dat booty!

Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games, but Bioware is only a little bit higher in the QA department than Bethesda when it comes to this stuff. Plus Bioware ends up breaking shit with almost every patch, so the game should be where it's supposed to be by the summer hopefully lol

Edited by Death_Ninja

giphy.gif

jTqr9SWfR6i8AGzG0Fdt_giphy.gif

Im more focused on how her head looks too fucking big for her body haha

This yeah.... Either they had too many people who don't care about the quality of their work. They got lazy. Or what happens when EA forces Bioware to accept more diversity on their team > skill and previous background experience. Gotta remember EA boss Moore did say "not everyone can be white men" when referring to employees. Its obvious Bioware has a bunch of amateur animation workers employed for them when animations from 2007 look better than 2017.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 3

This game is just a joke at this point. I was beginning to think my indifference towards the game was uncalled for, but now it seems I was right to be cautious all along. I'm glad I never got myself excited for this game. EA aren't getting my money for this train wreck. I think I'll go back and platinum the original trilogy instead.

45 minutes ago, MafiaBrett said:

Or what happens when EA forces Bioware to accept more diversity on their team > skill and previous background experience. Gotta remember EA boss Moore did say "not everyone can be white men" when referring to employees. 

Let's not go down this road...

20 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

This game is just a joke at this point. I was beginning to think my indifference towards the game was uncalled for, but now it seems I was right to be cautious all along. I'm glad I never got myself excited for this game. EA aren't getting my money for this train wreck. I think I'll go back and platinum the original trilogy instead.

The game is being made by Bioware Montreal, which is largely composed of people who used to work at EA montreal. The only work those guys did for the original trilogy was the ME3 MP and some DLCs, they're mostly known for making the games, Army of Two. Appearantly Bioware Edmonton, who are responsible for the whole trilogy, is working on a new project (presumably KOTOR III)

Anyway that's what i've found out browsing reddit & neogaf.

3 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

The game is being made by Bioware Montreal, which is largely composed of people who used to work at EA montreal. The only work those guys did for the original trilogy was the ME3 MP and some DLCs, they're mostly known for making the games, Army of Two. Appearantly Bioware Edmonton, who are responsible for the whole trilogy, is working on a new project (presumably KOTOR III)

That's just sad. Mass Effect deserves better than to be given to a bunch of amateurs. I mean this was supposed to be a whole new chapter in the Mass Effect series. This isn't a good start. Instead of giving their own beloved IP the respect it deserves, they would rather get in bed with Disney and pump all of these Star Wars games out. I'm glad to see they have their priorities straight... <_<

Pre-ordering this game was a mistake.

Last time I got a game from EA it was such a buggy mess that I actually called EA support ripped them a new asshole and they gave me a free game as a "apology." Looks like I'm going to have to do that again since I can't get a refund from PSN.

This is unacceptable.

Edited by ratchetdude231

2 hours ago, MafiaBrett said:

Or what happens when EA forces Bioware to accept more diversity on their team > skill and previous background experience. Gotta remember EA boss Moore did say "not everyone can be white men" when referring to employees. Its obvious Bioware has a bunch of amateur animation workers employed for them when animations from 2007 look better than 2017.

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Let's not go down this road...

Indeed, go down that road and you end up with the people using terms like "SJW" on others to justify their own racist ideas.

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

If that's true then I don't know whether to be sad at the death of Mass Effect, or glad that at least EA understands that they themselves are not good enough to make good Star Wars games and they have to enlist others.

To be honest though, I couldn't care less about how the game looks. What really bothers me are the things people are saying about the story and characters. Patching graphics and performance is relatively easy, patching shitty writing... not so much. Although BioWare has had some experience with that too, I guess.