PSA Mass Effect: Andromeda is a little rough around the edges.

xZoneHunter

5 hours ago, Cquintanilla said:

Isnt it too early to judge this game?, when technically nobody has a full copy of it and play with it through the whole story, A couple of issues wont stop me from playing it.

I don't see why it would be. You don't need to play the whole game to know that the animations suck. They've already confirmed that the day one patch won't improve on them. The animations you see here are what you'll get in the "full" game: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-wont-alter-animations

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I don't see why it would be. You don't need to play the whole game to know that the animations suck. They've already confirmed that the day one patch won't improve on them. The animations you see here are what you'll get in the "full" game: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/03/17/mass-effect-andromeda-day-one-patch-wont-alter-animations

It's also not a good sign, if the first 10 or so hours make you want to murder all your party members and bore you to death with its cliched, badly written sci-fi story.

But who knows, maybe the rest of the game turns out to be the second coming of Christ.

• Like 3

Won't pick it up at launch (never the plan anyway) but I don't think that even with the crappy animations/awful dialogue that the game as a whole won't be as entertaining as the other games. My biggest fear is padded content (completely killed Dragon Age Inquisition for me), but looking at all this, devs should really stop thinking that releasing games in this state is acceptable, especially when people are paying stupid money for the experience. Last big "AAA" game I got at launch was FFXV, and that will definitely be the last time I do that.

I would never have picked it up at launch unless it had a cool statuette of the Tempest.

I could get past the animations and dialogue and whatever if I wouldn't pay full price (playing Witcher now and after years of patches today I still saw a background character appear out of thin air during a conversation).

However, Kumail Ninjiani voicing a major character is a big dealbreaker for me. I really, really can not stand his voice.

I might get it once it goes under €10 but above that, no way, there's way too much other stuff I could be enjoying that doesn't have Ninjiani in it.

8 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

I would never have picked it up at launch unless it had a cool statuette of the Tempest.

I could get past the animations and dialogue and whatever if I wouldn't pay full price (playing Witcher now and after years of patches today I still saw a background character appear out of thin air during a conversation).

However, Kumail Ninjiani voicing a major character is a big dealbreaker for me. I really, really can not stand his voice.

I might get it once it goes under €10 but above that, no way, there's way too much other stuff I could be enjoying that doesn't have Ninjiani in it.

Why can't you stand him?

Memes and all the unoriginal shit throwing aside, here's something for people with open minds to watch:

Gamespot did review ME:A a 6/10 though. So, clearly, it's a shit game.
IGN gave it a 7.7/10.

So begins the character assassination hilarity of this game.

Edited by Valyrious

55 minutes ago, Torracat83 said:

Fair enough. There are a few I don't like, but I try to tolerate them.

I try as well (still watched all of Gravity Falls' episodes regardless of having Schaal in it), but tolerating gets harder when I'm expected to drop money for something :) so while I kept watching Newsreaders when they added Ninjiani, I'm not going to pay €60 for something containing him.

I'll still buy the game, at some point, years from now, but definitely not while it's more than €10. I played the other three Mass Effects all right after eacht other when ME3 was already €20 or so used, liked it enough to be at least interested in Andromeda but given what we've seen already, it's just not going to be something I enjoy at full price.

7 minutes ago, Torracat83 said:

Most of the reviews were a lot fairer than I was expecting. I do believe game companies often bribe reviewers to give good reviews, but doesn't seem to be much of it this time.

Yeah, I don't expect this to hit No Man's Sky levels of infamy. The bad faces, walking animation and dialogue are really the only things they'll hold against it, glitches are sadly a common thing these days on day one.

I was expecting the game to be good but not great, so the current 73 on Metacritic doesn't really surprise me. Considering how many incredible games deserving of 9s and 10s have been coming out lately, though, it looks pretty bad in comparison. I'll consider purchasing this a few years down the line when it's cheap and when some of the issues have hopefully been addressed. There are better games that deserve my attention more than this right now. 

1 hour ago, Torracat83 said:

Most of the reviews were a lot fairer than I was expecting. I do believe game companies often bribe reviewers to give good reviews, but doesn't seem to be much of it this time.

There's no real evidence of this happening. It certainly doesn't happen "often", and definitely not from the big sites. People would have come out about it by now. This is just what the kids say in the comments sections of reviews to reaffirm their own opinions. If a game they don't like gets a good review, the reviewer has been bribed, but if a game they love doesn't do as well as they wanted it to, it's always "I guess X game company didn't pay X reviewer enough". It's pretty childish tbh.

2 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

is the first the Crash HD Remaster?

Nice guess but no, it's Super Mario Odyssey :)

I played Crash for a little bit on my brother's PS1 back in the day but I had an N64 at that time myself and thought the games on there were much better. I'll probably give the Crash series a (fair) second chance now with the remasters though, but they're not super high on my list. My top three is Super Mario Odyssee, Yooka-Laylee, Runner3. Not really actively excited for Crash, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces and SteamWorld Dig 2 but I'll gladly play them when the time comes. I've started on Shovel Knight yesterday, a title that should've been high on my wish list but thanks to me misinterpreting what type of game it was, I missed it until now.

As for OT, huge epic adventures... my list was The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - whatever the new Assassin's Creed will be - Horizon Zero Dawn - Mass Effect Andromeda. I've played through Zelda by now and it was amazing, definitely still want the new Assassin's Creed, cancelled my Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order but I still want to play it soon (after I finally get through Witcher III then I will start looking around for a copy), and Mass Effect Andromeda has dropped these days to "whenever it's in the bargain bin, I'll take a look".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Nice guess but no, it's Super Mario Odyssey :)

I played Crash for a little bit on my brother's PS1 back in the day but I had an N64 at that time myself and thought the games on there were much better. I'll probably give the Crash series a (fair) second chance now with the remasters though, but they're not super high on my list. My top three is Super Mario Odyssee, Yooka-Laylee, Runner3. Not really actively excited for Crash, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces and SteamWorld Dig 2 but I'll gladly play them when the time comes. I've started on Shovel Knight yesterday, a title that should've been high on my wish list but thanks to me misinterpreting what type of game it was, I missed it until now.

As for OT, huge epic adventures... my list was The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - whatever the new Assassin's Creed will be - Horizon Zero Dawn - Mass Effect Andromeda. I've played through Zelda by now and it was amazing, definitely still want the new Assassin's Creed, cancelled my Horizon Zero Dawn pre-order but I still want to play it soon (after I finally get through Witcher III then I will start looking around for a copy), and Mass Effect Andromeda has dropped these days to "whenever it's in the bargain bin, I'll take a look".

for me I'm gonna try and rush Andromeda since I'm off work this week.play it again once it's fully patched. Persona 5. Red Dead 2. ff12hd. Yooka Laylee. Crash. mostly are the games I'm waiting on.

Prey is a wait for reviews and see.

I really want to see more of cyberpunk2077. Witcher 3 was amazing so I don't doubt CDPR can release another major hit. I just hope q 2 2018 at the latest lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

for me I'm gonna try and rush Andromeda since I'm off work this week.play it again once it's fully patched. Persona 5. Red Dead 2. ff12hd. Yooka Laylee. Crash. mostly are the games I'm waiting on.

Prey is a wait for reviews and see.

I really want to see more of cyberpunk2077. Witcher 3 was amazing so I don't doubt CDPR can release another major hit. I just hope q 2 2018 at the latest lol

SHIT, I FORGOT ABOUT RDR! I was very excited about the reveal and then I forgot all about it again... I hope they're either making a cool collector's edition or the game store is doing a pre-order sale because I'd love to be able to break my "less pre-ordering or buying right away" rule for RDR2, but I will need something extra.

Yeah I'd put RDR2 on my list above Andromeda even before all this stuff came out, above HZD and probably even above the new AC even though AC has been one of my favourite game series through high and low. Basically if it's not Nintendo, I'm mostly excited just for Assassin's Creed and whatever Rockstar and Rocksteady do :)

I do think that they should have called it something else than Red Dead Redemption 2 though, they're ignoring Red Dead Revolver right now. I was betting on Red Dead Revolution before. Then again Rockstar proved to me that they're not good at naming stuff when they ignored my tip to call the Redemption zombie DLC "Red Undead Redemption".

I still love the tale of how Redemption 1 came to be by the way, how Rockstar basically kept funding the substudio to finish it to see if they could make a full-fledged game. Risk high, win high!

Jesus.. this game looks like it could've done with another year of development. I'll still be buying it later this year, Andromeda was never gonna be a day one purchase for me anyway. I liked the original trilogy and all but I wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan, so I can wait on it, most of the bugs will be fixed by then anyway, I hope. 

Those facial animations.... those dead eyes.... and what the hell is up with that walk!! Please fix, Bioware. :D 

Edit. I got a laugh out of this xD

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1