thoughts and glitches

Saw this on the psn store for £3.99 and it has a plat so I thought I would take a chance on it being either fun or a straight forward trophy fest

Having started it on my ps4 within a few seconds I could have sworn I was playing an early ps1 game

The graphics are nasty and the camera tracking is poor. You also can't switch off the in game music apart from the option to switch off all sounds which oddly does not even switch off all sounds

Then the gameplay itself is a combination of pointless hack and slash combined with an occasional part where you need to switch character to get through a certain block or kill/move a certain thing.

How and when you are supposed to do these things is never made clear and is mainly found out by trial and error. The game has a help feature but this seems to be as pointless as the title itself. In fact at the start of level 3 the helper says 'its too cold and you are on your own'

Then there are the glitches. I pressed pause early on and looked at some options. After finishing looking at these I clicked the option 'close' to return to the game, except that clicking that ends the game. So I started the game again. When I had finished the first level I noticed that although I was sure I had killed 250 of the little things you need for a trophy that I was not awarded it, so I closed the game on purpose and started it again. Upon finishing level 1 for the second time I still did not get the 250 kill trophy but oddly the trophy for completing the second level popped. Now I know I had done two levels but in 2017 I would expect a dev to have the programming skills to recognise the difference between level 1 twice and two different levels. This continued and when I finished level 2 I got the trophy for level 3. I would guess then that you might be able to play the first level 4 times and get all the trophies for beating the game. Sadly there are other things to do in the later levels otherwise that would have been a good way of getting this dross finished early

I know its a very cheap title and therefore I should not have expected much, and ultimately when I work out why I am not getting the trophies for the kills, it will probably be an easy max, but I wish I had not started it. It was supposed to be a distraction from the awful grind I am having on Seb Loeb Rally, but after two hours of Eekeemmoo I am ready to watch the loading screens on Loeb with a little more joy

• Like 3

Well I finished it this evening and still had no trophy popping for any of the kill based ones

As I had all the other trophies now done, I deleted the save game and started again. All of the remaining kill ones then happened as they were supposed to and the plat rolled in at the end

I reckon that by quitting halfway through the first level and then replaying it again I must have caused some sort of counting glitch or something

If the same happens to anyone else then deleting the save file and restarting from scratch should solve the issue, well at least it did for me

When you know what you are doing with the game it can be completed in a couple of hours I reckon as it only took me about 90 mins to go from start right up to the end of lantern bit ie just before the last bit of the game.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Both the 'Cave Zomblings' and 'Cycloptus' kill trophies have glitched on me so having to start again.  Having no chapter select is a real pain but should be a quick play through now a second time. The game and especially the music reminds me of Orc Slayer.

Edit:  Confirmed - starting a new game WITHOUT deleting your previous save will NOT fix this glitch.  If you run into any of the kill trophies not unlocking then make sure to delete the local save from your PS4 and start again.  I learned the hard way (3rd play through needed) to get this platinum.

Edited by markcavan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is the worst glitch-ridden disaster in the history of video games.  Not only have most of the monster kill trophies not popped for me (perhaps I was kicked out too far in the menu screens, no idea), I can't even finish the last boss battle and game.  I kill the damn thing, then it glitches out, resetting the boss who now can't be killed.  TOTAL DUMPSTER FIRE!!  FAR WORSE THAN ORC SLAYER!!  AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

Silly me, after watching a YouTube video on the final boss battle, I was somehow supposed to know that the boss "resetting" was intentional, even though it looks like a glitch, and you are supposed to just run away. Why??  Because......Eekeemoo, that's why!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21-4-2017 at 5:43 PM, markcavan said:

Both the 'Cave Zomblings' and 'Cycloptus' kill trophies have glitched on me so having to start again.  Having no chapter select is a real pain but should be a quick play through now a second time. The game and especially the music reminds me of Orc Slayer.

Edit:  Confirmed - starting a new game WITHOUT deleting your previous save will NOT fix this glitch.  If you run into any of the kill trophies not unlocking then make sure to delete the local save from your PS4 and start again.  I learned the hard way (3rd play through needed) to get this platinum.

Sorry, you can't confirm if you didn't test it on other account. I did what you said; deleting local save from my PS4 and started again. I didn't get the kill trophies. I can't confirm your solution. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 3:56 PM, Corcevado said:

Sorry, you can't confirm if you didn't test it on other account. I did what you said; deleting local save from my PS4 and started again. I didn't get the kill trophies. I can't confirm your solution. 

Same here. Deleted local save AND game; downloaded fresh game and started from scratch. Still can't unlock the trophy for Cave Goblings after FOUR playthroughs.

I only had minor glitches with Orc Slayer, but I still feel that overall this game isn't that bad compared to some of the garbage I've played over the years.

EDIT: After completely deleting all things associated with Eekeemoo (game + save data) and re-downloading a second time, I was able to finally get the Cave Goblings kill trophy to unlock.

Edited by dj_helyx
platinum

• 2 months later...

I personally liked the game, but sadly it also glitched with me, ice goblins

EDIT:

I just platted the game, after the initial gamethrough i tried a second, then replayed the 3rd Chapter twice then switched off.

Today i just continued the game in the 3rd Chapter and after 20 more Ice Goblins the Trophy popped.

All in all the game is a cute little fun game, I personally think the majority of players would have liked the game more if it didnt have this glitch. Other than the glitch making you play the game again and praying that the playthrough you are on finally gives you the respective trophy, the game would be a fun fast plat.

Edited by lyzerx

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 11:20 PM, lyzerx said:

All in all the game is a cute little fun game, I personally think the majority of players would have liked the game more if it didnt have this glitch. Other than the glitch making you play the game again and praying that the playthrough you are on finally gives you the respective trophy, the game would be a fun fast plat.

I respectfully disagree, this game was one of the most horrible games I've played on PS4 and it would take a lot more than just removing the glitches for me to enjoy it in any way. Everyone's different though, so I guess I can see how someone could enjoy it (but it takes same effort to visualize it :)).

• Like 1

• 3 months later...