Sony to End Shipments of Current PlayStation 3 Console in Japan Soon

Satoshi Ookami

Honestly, if you play a good chunk of AAA games, you should have upgraded by now. You've had more than enough time to let the PS4 build up a library, go down in price and decide if you like it. If almost 4 years is not enough time for you, then clearly you were never going to upgrade in the first place.

2 hours ago, DarkSoleride said:

This is true but putting up with buggy games getting trophies vs a paper weight with no trophy sync support I will take the buggy trophies any day haha 

Honestly, there shouldn't be a choice between the two, both patch downloads and trophy sync should stay supported by Sony for a really long time.

A lot of people are paying for PS+ and they can just use that money to keep the servers online, but really, they need servers for ps4 downloads anyway, so it's not much of an extra cost to keep some more for the ps3 as well.

They can remove the monthly free ps3 games from PS+ and use the money to keep the servers going, it's that simple.

I'll give it to 2020 to see if Sony still keeps trophy support for the PS3. I think it'll stay as long as they don't decommission PS3 PSN access but it's unlikely they will. I still have 300+ games on my PS3 to play! 

On 3/18/2017 at 5:15 PM, GarciaFever said:

Where the hell did the term AAA games comes from anyways?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-list

Probably not far off that. Though, it is generally referred to larger budget games, usually with a massive hype and promotion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry)

Says it's been around since the 90s, but that it didn't take off before 7th gen, where it usually referred to a certain budget size, like some few tens of millions of USD.

Of course they want to earn more money on games they've already spent tons of money on.

Edited by MMDE

3 hours ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Honestly, if you play a good chunk of AAA games, you should have upgraded by now. You've had more than enough time to let the PS4 build up a library, go down in price and decide if you like it. If almost 4 years is not enough time for you, then clearly you were never going to upgrade in the first place.

Buying a PS4 when someone has dozens or hundreds of PS3 games still to play (and even more still to purchase) isn't upgrading anything. Your argument is invalid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Buying a PS4 when someone has dozens or hundreds of PS3 games still to play (and even more still to purchase) isn't upgrading anything. Your argument is invalid.

My point is if you are someone who is on top of new AAA games.

Sorry I didn't clarify. If you play CURRENT AAA games all the time, you have no excuse to not upgrade by now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/03/2017 at 2:46 PM, Terra said:

I'll give it to 2020 to see if Sony still keeps trophy support for the PS3. I think it'll stay as long as they don't decommission PS3 PSN access but it's unlikely they will. I still have 300+ games on my PS3 to play! 

There is no PS3 psn server or anything else... There is only 1 psn, and is the same on PS3/PS4/PSP ! The trophy sync will end when psn end. Or if sony want too. Because is everything the same.

• Like 1