Old Skool Daze! Trophy

Semele_Siuan

Its an infinite amount of time, and if you really want to take breaks you can leave the game running while your Playstation is in rest mode and it won't kick you from the game, you'll just have a really high time for completing it. 

My personal experience was to take a 15 minute break before doing any of he cauldrun levels. Also start with the one on the left closest to the final door and make sure to turn out the lights in the basement. 

I finished in 1 hour and 29 minutes I believe with 16 lives remaining. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
Adding stuff

Wow that's amazing. I usually only manage to collect 7 lives and then lose them all at the chain jump after getting the third cartridge. I'll be sure to remember that, my biggest issue during any of the playthroughs was the ice rooms so much death in such small amounts of time. Big relief with the time though as I was afraid it would be like 2-3 hours and then boom game over if you didn't make it in time.

The chain room is actually a pretty easy room in my opinion. On the diagonals swing like you normally would on any chain then at the end let go and move towards the diagonal one, and when you get to the halfway point the stepping stones you have to watch their shadows in the pool so you know where to jump. I always made the mistake of trying to jump onto the stones. With enough practice I'm sure you'll get it! 

I can usually get to the cauldron area on old school mode but once the final areas comes up I end up dying fast. Any tips that anyone can offer to help pass the last few areas?

If you have both Vita and PS4, you can play that part you find so difficult until you get good at it, then continue your Old School run.

It's really not that bad when you know what you're doing. And by that, I mean use a normal run save to train on the hardest rooms. You should also know that your shadow and the shadows of the platforms are way more trustworthy than the sprite of your character.

• 11 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 7:59 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I finished in 1 hour and 29 minutes I believe with 16 lives remaining. 

If you happen to have a recording of that run, it will put you on the 1st position on the speedrunning leaderboard (the only other time is 1h41m).