shar0412

Ascension - When and why should I do it?

11 posts in this topic

I have not played this game before on PC and am a little unsure about some of the mechanics.

I know I can ascend once I get the ability from the hero, but what is the purpose of it? I know I get a trophy for the first ascension, but if it sets you back to zero, why do it?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Ascending gives you hero souls. Hero souls will increase the base damage of all of your units by 10% for each hero soul. The bonus is additive. 10 souls will give you 100% bonus damage which will double your damage. I would advise ascending any time you can't clear a boss. I just cleared level 1000 and I've ascended 23 times.

Hero souls will also allow you to buy ancients which will give amazing bonuses. For more info about the ancients, you can check this page out http://clickerheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Ancients

So if I keep all the hero souls I get and not spend them on anything, I'll get a 10% base damage bonus for each one?

If true, I wish I didn't send that 13 hero souls I had...

35 minutes ago, Goldjit said:

So if I keep all the hero souls I get and not spend them on anything, I'll get a 10% base damage bonus for each one?

If true, I wish I didn't send that 13 hero souls I had...

No. The benefits from the Ancients far outweigh the minor DPS boost from Hero Souls. No matter what you do, you will eventually hit a wall and have to ascend.

I'm playing this on PC right now and all I can do is get to around level 160 before I need to either ascend to get more hero souls for more damage, or start getting ancients (which I've only just started to do).  Especially since the cost to the next hero is a bigger leap than before (I get up to N currency, but the hero needs 1,000U to unlock).

So taking that into account, for the PS4 version, I'd assume that'll be the same really, ascend to get more hero souls, get some ancients to help you out and go from there.

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm playing this on PC right now and all I can do is get to around level 160 before I need to either ascend to get more hero souls for more damage, or start getting ancients (which I've only just started to do).  Especially since the cost to the next hero is a bigger leap than before (I get up to N currency, but the hero needs 1,000U to unlock).

So taking that into account, for the PS4 version, I'd assume that'll be the same really, ascend to get more hero souls, get some ancients to help you out and go from there.

You should use this calculator to help you level up your ancients https://hsoptimizer.github.io/ancient/. I'm using It so far and it's helping me a lot.

Just now, ElBolovo said:

You should use this calculator to help you level up your ancients https://hsoptimizer.github.io/ancient/. I'm using It so far and it's helping me a lot.

I shall use that for sure.  As I said, playing the PC version myself as we haven't gotten the PS4 version yet, not on the store for us.  So I can't say what else the game has to offer from the two versions I'm afraid.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I did my first ascension after beating the Level 160 boss. Back up to level 100 and hoping to get a bit further this time.

2 hours ago, shar0412 said:

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I did my first ascension after beating the Level 160 boss. Back up to level 100 and hoping to get a bit further this time.

Did you grab Siyalatas and Libertas? That is the first step to greatness.

Go until 139, if the boss on 140lvl is primal, kill him, if not go for it on 139, also get atleast 14k hero lvls = 7 hero souls, repeat. I ascended for 14 times, have 50 souls and 3 ancients on lvl 10, max lvl 200 :)

On 19.3.2017 at 0:46 AM, ElBolovo said:

Awesome, thanks for the link. Will be using this!