Sonic Forces Gameplay Reveal

Parker

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

I never played Unleashed and thought it was a GameCube era game at first but I noticed it's actually a PS3 era game...

Damn, what's up with those percentages? Is the game that hard to complete, or that unplayable? It never was on PS+ so under 5% on PSN having played through to the end and even on PSNP only about 15% of the users have played to the end...

It's a challenging game - hotdog missions give you a strict time limit so you have to learn the course and the optimal route, which I found a lot of fun. Also Eggmanland is a very, very long stage - the timer isn't the issue in that one, but IIRC you start over if you die when doing hotdog missions so a lot of people gave up on that one.

And you also need to gather enough collectibles to progress in the game. Honestly, if I had to pick a flaw, that'd probably be it. I never had an issue, I always had enough medals to progress, but locking progress behind gathering collectibles in levels you're supposed to be racing through is pretty silly.

I'd highly recommend it though, it often goes on sale on PSN for about $5 or less. I think I got it for £3.99, and it was more than worth it for that price. Don't bother with the PS2/Wii version though, the levels are highly simplified and there are tons of forced tutorials and loading times are about as bad as Sonic 06. None of this is a problem on 360/PS3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

It's a challenging game - hotdog missions give you a strict time limit so you have to learn the course and the optimal route, which I found a lot of fun. Also Eggmanland is a very, very long stage - the timer isn't the issue in that one, but IIRC you start over if you die when doing hotdog missions so a lot of people gave up on that one.

And you also need to gather enough collectibles to progress in the game. Honestly, if I had to pick a flaw, that'd probably be it. I never had an issue, I always had enough medals to progress, but locking progress behind gathering collectibles in levels you're supposed to be racing through is pretty silly.

I'd highly recommend it though, it often goes on sale on PSN for about $5 or less. I think I got it for £3.99, and it was more than worth it for that price. Don't bother with the PS2/Wii version though, the levels are highly simplified and there are tons of forced tutorials and loading times are about as bad as Sonic 06. None of this is a problem on 360/PS3.

Thanks for the info. My backlog is big enough but I'll keep the game in mind.

You seem to be talking about challenges being hard though but I was talking about so few people even completing the main story, without the challenges.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Thanks for the info. My backlog is big enough but I'll keep the game in mind.

You seem to be talking about challenges being hard though but I was talking about so few people even completing the main story, without the challenges.

Yeah, realized that after posting :blush:

The main reason people don't finish are because of the collectible medals being needed to progress, but I wouldn't be surprised if people dropped it due to Werehog as well. I loved the Werehog stages, but... they're quite different to what you'd expect in Sonic and that probably put some people off.

I need to see more of this game before I can decide if I will get this day one. I love Sonic but Sega ran him into the ground since the Sonic Adventure games.

Now with this and Sonic Mania on the way, I hope Sonic is back in a good and fun way :)

Edited by SolidJD

• 3 months later...