Base Locations

Hunt4Platinum

20 hours ago, kmosesltd said:

I'm completely lost on how to find the Galactic Hub, I checked out the sites listed on here to help and I can't figure them out. I also can't figure out how to input coordinates to find said hub or whatever. Hell I don't even know how to figure out my own coordinates lol. (I'm beginning to wonder how I got my platinum on this in a week and a half lol)

Any easy tips? 

First off is getting a set of usable coordinates to determine your present location. Land on a planet and set down a signal booster. When you interact with it, look to the bottom left, you'll see a string of letters and numbers. The middle three sets are the only usable ones for astrogation, so out of DUYES:0E96:007E:0903:0013, 0E96:007E:0903 would be the only necessary ones. Enter these on the field marked "Write Your Coords Here" on the pahefu app main page. You'll repeat this step each time you want to re-determine your present location.

Next is setting a destination. You can get coordinates to various locations from the No Mans Sky wiki, the No Man's Sky reddit, etc. Just be aware that some coordinates listed by people can be for PS4, or it might be PC. Make sure you understand which is which, because they are not the same. The Galactic Hub is actually a default location too. Once you have a set of destination coordinates, go to the pahefu app. See the Globe icon on the left of the page? Click that, that's the destination page. You can add coordinates there for your destinations. Active locations will then be listed at the bottom page, and you can rename them with custom names if you wish. See the crosshair icon next to those. Click on the one next to the place you want to go first to set it as your primary destination.

Now go back to the settings page under the globe icon on the left. You'll want to move the slider for Max Hyperjump Distance to match what your ship's maximum jump range is so you can get an accurate estimate of of how many jumps to your destination. Jump range is found in your ship's inventory in the game.

Go back to the main page of the app by clicking the person icon on the left above the globe icon. In the top right corner, you'll now see a box that details the number of jumps. Degrees From Center will tell you an approximate direction to turn your ship on the Galaxy Map when you're getting ready to jump. You'll want to face the glowing center of the glaxy, then turn your ship left or right in the approximate angle the app tells you. It's something you'll eventually get the feel for. The Warning Box will tell you how many "regions" below or above your destination you are; you'll need to press L2 or R2 to raise and lower your ship on the Galaxy Map, this is also something you'll get a feel for. As for Black Hole Roulette, I've never used and never really understood, I just entered Black Holes then dropped a Signal Booster as soon as I could to get a fix on my new location.

As for Black Holes, they send you around the galaxy in roughly a circle to another location on that circle, with only a small gain in distance to the center (at least in my experience). Think of it as spinning a roulette wheel in the hopes of getting close to the number you want. So if you enter one, get a fix on your location, and it's not the one you want, then you'll want to reload an earlier save and keep re-entering the black hole until you get close to the location you want.

Ain't astrogation fun?

Edited by damon8r351

16 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

First off is getting a set of usable coordinates to determine your present location. Land on a planet and set down a signal booster. When you interact with it, look to the bottom left, you'll see a string of letters and numbers. The middle three sets are the only usable ones for astrogation, so out of DUYES:0E96:007E:0903:0013, 0E96:007E:0903 would be the only necessary ones. Enter these on the field marked "Write Your Coords Here" on the pahefu app main page. You'll repeat this step each time you want to re-determine your present location.

Next is setting a destination. You can get coordinates to various locations from the No Mans Sky wiki, the No Man's Sky reddit, etc. Just be aware that some coordinates listed by people can be for PS4, or it might be PC. Make sure you understand which is which, because they are not the same. The Galactic Hub is actually a default location too. Once you have a set of destination coordinates, go to the pahefu app. See the Globe icon on the left of the page? Click that, that's the destination page. You can add coordinates there for your destinations. Active locations will then be listed at the bottom page, and you can rename them with custom names if you wish. See the crosshair icon next to those. Click on the one next to the place you want to go first to set it as your primary destination.

Now go back to the settings page under the globe icon on the left. You'll want to move the slider for Max Hyperjump Distance to match what your ship's maximum jump range is so you can get an accurate estimate of of how many jumps to your destination. Jump range is found in your ship's inventory in the game.

Go back to the main page of the app by clicking the person icon on the left above the globe icon. In the top right corner, you'll now see a box that details the number of jumps. Degrees From Center will tell you an approximate direction to turn your ship on the Galaxy Map when you're getting ready to jump. You'll want to face the glowing center of the glaxy, then turn your ship left or right in the approximate angle the app tells you. It's something you'll eventually get the feel for. The Warning Box will tell you how many "regions" below or above your destination you are; you'll need to press L1 or R1 to raise and lower your ship on the Galaxy Map, this is also something you'll get a feel for. As for Black Hole Roulette, I've never used and never really understood, I just entered Black Holes then dropped a Signal Booster as soon as I could to get a fix on my new location.

As for Black Holes, they send you around the galaxy in roughly a circle to another location on that circle, with only a small gain in distance to the center (at least in my experience). Think of it as spinning a roulette wheel in the hopes of getting close to the number you want. So if you enter one, get a fix on your location, and it's not the one you want, then you'll want to reload an earlier save and keep re-entering the black hole until you get close to the location you want.

Ain't astrogation fun?

lol Yes astrogation is a ton of fun...

All the information you wrote makes a lot more sense. I figured everything out with what you said except for a couple things.

Go back to the main page of the app by clicking the person icon on the left above the globe icon. In the top right corner, you'll now see a box that details the number of jumps. Degrees From Center will tell you an approximate direction to turn your ship on the Galaxy Map when you're getting ready to jump. You'll want to face the glowing center of the glaxy, then turn your ship left or right in the approximate angle the app tells you. It's something you'll eventually get the feel for. The Warning Box will tell you how many "regions" below or above your destination you are; you'll need to press L1 or R1 to raise and lower your ship on the Galaxy Map, this is also something you'll get a feel for.

When you say to use L1 or R1 to raise and lower my ship on the Galaxy Map, are you talking about the map I go to once I'm in space to select the next galaxy to warp jump to? Because when I select L1 or R1 there it just changes the mode from "Path towards galactic core", "Free exploration mode" and "path towards your waypoint mode"

I can see the glowing centre you're talking about in the galaxy map but I can't see how to raise or lower my ship like you say.

28 minutes ago, kmosesltd said:

lol Yes astrogation is a ton of fun...

All the information you wrote makes a lot more sense. I figured everything out with what you said except for a couple things.

When you say to use L1 or R1 to raise and lower my ship on the Galaxy Map, are you talking about the map I go to once I'm in space to select the next galaxy to warp jump to? Because when I select L1 or R1 there it just changes the mode from "Path towards galactic core", "Free exploration mode" and "path towards your waypoint mode"

I can see the glowing centre you're talking about in the galaxy map but I can't see how to raise or lower my ship like you say.

Never mind, it's L2 and R2 to change your elevation. Make sure to press Circle to put yourself in Free Exploration Mode first.

10 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Never mind, it's L2 and R2 to change your elevation. Make sure to press Circle to put yourself in Free Exploration Mode first.

Ah ok that makes more sense. Yea that was my next question, if I was supposed to be in exploration mode.

Awesome ok man, I think I got the hang of it. Thanks! :)

On 3/18/2017 at 6:26 AM, Hunt4Platinum said:

Just put your base cords here and hope we find someone close to where you are :)

Mine are 03EF:007D:0D62:01D8

https://pahefu.github.io/pilgrimstarpath/

I went to your co-ordinates except the only difference between your coordinates and mine are the last 4 digits. 

Yours are 01D8 whereas mine 0029... I don't get it.

When I'm orbit I scan the system and it doesn't tell me your base, do I have to actually find it?

The system I'm in thats discovered by you has 5 planets in total and only one of those planets was discovered by you, the other 4 are undiscovered.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, kmosesltd said:

Finally got the reunion trophy lol. Only took like 3 days, I left like 10-16 bases a long the way to finding someones base but I don't know if it allows for more than 1 base at a time.

You're only allowed to claim one planetary base and one freighter base at a time. You can have both a planetary and freighter base at the same time, but not two of the same kind. If you'd have built anything on a base, then claimed a new one, everything would've been disassembled at the old base and half the resources would have appeared in a bin at the new one.

That explains why I had resources in the new base I created lol.

However, that trophy was easy. I just tried the permadeath trophy and it's hell to get started. If I get off the planet the space pirates get me and I can't find enough resources to do any warping lol...

God I'm going to hate that trophy, I have a little tactics in it but I have no idea how I'm going to survive, I keep forgetting to reload saves just before I die lol. 

Two confirmed bases I've traveled to myself:

• 0469:0081:0D6D:0125, System Name: HUB-K-125 The Bluegrass System, Planet Name: The Bluegrass Planet
  • 0467:0081:0D70:0018, System Name: G-18 Gala, Planet Name: Takaian Lamarch

Both are located relatively close to each other at about 165000ly from the center, in the Galactic Hub.

Edited by damon8r351

Three more confirmed bases I've traveled to:

• 0469:0081:0D6C:00AF, System Name: HUB8-V-AF Glast, Planet Name: Horner
  • 046A:0081:0D6E:00CC, System Name: HUB3-G-CC Makonis, Planet Name: Elebor
  • 046B:0081:0D6B:012E, System Name: Daemon Codex, Planet Name: Tamam Shud

These are all in various outlying regions from the central part of the Galactic Hub.