Persona 5 Controller Decal Free With Game

Dav9834

Gematsu had reported every standard PS4 game case of Persona 5 will come with a controller decal! 

*NA only

**As quantities last

unnamed-1.jpg

Watch the video of the voice actors putting it on! (can you tell how many cuts were in the video lol) 

I think it's sexy, I'll be ordering from Amazon for this one! 

Edited by Dav9834
Changed to persona 5 :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

game case of Persona 4

Oh you :awesome: 

Btw, you should specify it's the US. Some people are not that well-versed in the fact that for Atlus, west = NA =D

(And include the most important fact. FORMER PR Manager John Hardin :awesome::awesome::awesome:

9 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I think it's sexy,

I think it's meh and absolutely pointless :awesome: 

But I have a white DS4, that could be one reason =D

6 minutes ago, A-Brawl3r said:

so its not included with the collector or steel book editions?

Nope. People are for some reason quite furious about it.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

It's awesome and I'd really like to have it but I don't think I'll miss it if it's not included in the Take your Heart edition. My 'main controller' looks like this on the left and the right side so I probably wouldn't even be able to put it on properly :P

Spoiler

aaMqRVR.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It's awesome and I'd really like to have it but I don't think I'll miss it if it's not included in the Take your Heart edition. My 'main controller' looks like this on the left and the right side so I probably wouldn't even be able to put it on properly :P

Hide contents

aaMqRVR.jpg

Oh this happened to me too, you just have to loosen the screw underneath and snap it back out, and then tighten it again! Mine happened after it fell, but it's an easy fix! 

Hope this helps! 

17 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh you :awesome: 

Btw, you should specify it's the US. Some people are not that well-versed in the fact that for Atlus, west = NA =D

(And include the most important fact. FORMER PR Manager John Hardin :awesome::awesome::awesome:

Woops fixed! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

but i despise steelbooks

Why do you hate Steelbooks?

1 minute ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Paying extra money and not getting an item that everyone else got is frustrating?

Everyone else?

This is limited to a few launch copies and PS4-only.

You bought LE for goods that were offered. It doesn't really make sense you should automatically get something that is just to please less fortunate ones.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Everyone else?

This is limited to a few launch copies and PS4-only.

You bought LE for goods that were offered. It doesn't really make sense you should automatically get something that is just to please less fortunate ones.

When you pre-order you are doing so to ensure you get the pre-order bonuses and limited quantity items. When you buy special editions, you are willingly giving devs more money for the same product, the least they could do is give you all the perks. I can definitely see how people are annoyed that there will be an item not included in their LE of the game despite willingly paying more money.

I can totally see how people would be upset by this and I don't think it's unjustified to be annoyed. Upset over PS3 version not including stuff though I'd say is less reasonable because if you are still expecting full treatment on a 10+ year old system when the new system has been out for nearly 4 years now, you're living in a fantasy world.

Still, I can see how people who bought the LE feel betrayed. Hopefully Atlus will make it right by offering the skin to be sold individually down the road.

Then again Satoshi, do remember a lot of us gamers are older like yourself. We all grew up in a time where when you bought a game you got the complete game. When there was a "collector's" edition it usually was just one edition and it had all the bonuses. We were used to getting everything in one package, so it's always annoying when games get disjointed like there where even buying the beefy extra expensive LE of a game doesn't even net you all the collectibles. Especially if you bought that LE and this gets announced and you see this skin and actually really like it. It kind of sucks.

Can you understand how that would frustrate someone?

4 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Can you understand how that would frustrate someone?

Yea, this is valid, I guess.

I keep forgetting people still believe that game industry is not all about money =D

Guess Atlus was originally on the same wavelength (damn, this feels bad, man :/) with the similar mindset (giving the guys who missed on special editions some perk) and now they see how it backfired, lol =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, this is valid, I guess.

I keep forgetting people still believe that game industry is not all about money =D

Guess Atlus was originally one the same wavelength (damn, this feels bad, man :/) and now they see how it backfired, lol =D

Sadly it's become a lot more about money in recent years.

Money was always the goal, but how a company achieved it used to be different.

When I was a kid this is how you made money as a game company: You made a game so good it was worth buying.

Now this is how you make money as a game company: Design a game that siphons as much money out of a customer as possible through little tricks such as DLC, different editions of the game, season passes, pre-order bonuses, micro-transactions, etc.

Gone are the days where we just dumped our $60 and got a full game. Nowadays if you want the FULL product you HAVE to spend over $100 per game. This is just a market designed to take advantage of those of us whom have OCD about missing pieces of a game, or just have strong values of wanting the whole product. I hate it when I buy a game and ANY content of it is locked out to me until I pay more. Companies KNOW that no one actually LIKES being forced into paying more, but they don't care anymore. They found out this method works and approval is unnecessary sadly.

I guess this burns a little more because for a long time Japanese developers were the exception. They didn't dabble too deeply into the stuff that the west was doing, but now... They've pretty much jumped on board. JRPGs releasing with season passes now, content exclusive to a specific version of a game, and even micro-transactions.

Soon we will probably see a Visual Novel release with the option to buy the "true" ending and we know people will pay it. And once it's paid for... Every company will realize they can get away with that, and before we know it that will be the norm. I just hate how today's gamer has been CONDITIONED to just accept parting with more and more cash to get the completed product. But this is the future, part of why I really love retro gaming so much still.

47 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Oh this happened to me too, you just have to loosen the screw underneath and snap it back out, and then tighten it again! Mine happened after it fell, but it's an easy fix! 

Hope this helps! 

I don't know why I never thought of this but it worked, thanks :D

• Like 1

Well, this is a discussion that never leads anywhere... 

We all know it, but you can't change mentality of casuals that easily...

2 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

JRPGs releasing with season passes now, content exclusive to a specific version of a game, and even micro-transactions.

Well, so far, it's only happening to games that have planned localization. Fortunately, it's still not that rooted in Japanese developers.

3 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Soon we will probably see a Visual Novel release with the option to buy the "true" ending and we know people will pay it.

Nah, this is not going to happen.

Visual Novel development is still something completely isolated from 'normal' development =D

Another positive thing is that VNs are rarely coming west (hehe... this is actually a positive thing, lulz, never thought it would be) so they are not affected by western mentality :)

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, so far, it's only happening to games that have planned localization. Fortunately, it's still not that rooted in Japanese developers.

Problem is games on dedicated devices are dying in Japan. Smartphones are slowly becoming the prominent way to game over there. So more and more games will either rely on smartphones (which is basically microtransaction galore) or will NEED to get localization to justify making the game. None of the home consoles are doing as well as they should be in Japan, and this problem will continue.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nah, this is not going to happen.

Visual Novel development is still something completely isolated from 'normal' development =D

Another positive thing is that VNs are rarely coming west (hehe... this is actually a positive thing, lulz, never thought it would be) so they are not affected by western mentality :)

Unfortunately... I already know some that were developed for mobile that do this or worse... When dedicated devices go away in Japan, smartphones will become the way to play VNs... When that happens it's only a matter of time. I wish I could share your positive attitude, but I see no point in denying the future that awaits. The Vita is on death's door as the device is over 5 years old now and Sony has more or less not done much with it themselves in a while. While it is doing okay in Japan, it's not doing well enough to where it will continue for another 5 years. Once that is gone, most VN devs will move onto smartphones as it's the most logical platform.

Once they hit smartphones as the primary way to play those games... Well it's only a matter of waiting then. I wish it wouldn't happen, but I am not foolish enough to believe it's never going to happen. That's the direction the industry is going.

12 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Once that is gone, most VN devs will move onto smartphones as it's the most logical platform.

Actually, this is something I would disagree with.

And the reason is what you actually mentioned. Dominant market.

If VNs developers were to move from dedicated devices and PC (there's still PC as a dominant platform for VNs. Doujin VNs are mostly on PC so they would be ported to PS4 :awesome:) to smartphones, they would kill themselves.

Smartphones are dominant market, therefore, bigger games would be completely lost in the sea of already established gachas.

Again, you said it yourself, the mobile market in Japan is incredible. West can't even imagine that. Mostly because it started even before smart phones were a thing. And frankly, I would say it passed the top already. And the amount of Vita VNs is still stronger than ever =D 

That's why I believe VN market is and will be on dedicated devices, at worst on PC but never on mobile.

To sum it up, Japanese have more suitable games for mobiles than VNs =D

Just like anime has been dead for years and still is going strong, Vita and VN dedicated devices were dead and will be going strong forever =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

On 3/18/2017 at 3:14 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Why do you hate Steelbooks?

every game (or bluray for that matter) doesn't get a steelbook. most don't in fact. and even if every game did, they are usually part of special editions, meaning you'd have to almost always spend more even if it was just a game you wanted but didn't care to that extent about.

so when you have the games displayed on your shelf and every so often there's an odd duck box along the line that sticks out because it doesn't match, it's ugly and annoying af. the few times when actually do i want to get a special edition to get a statue and thus get stuck with a pos steelbook i don't want, i actually go into gamestops and take the cover art out of the empty boxes they have so I can maintain my order lol.

6 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

every game (or bluray for that matter) doesn't get a steelbook. most don't in fact. and even if every game did, they are usually part of special editions, meaning you'd have to almost always spend more even if it was just a game you wanted but didn't care to that extent about.

so when you have the games displayed on your shelf and every so often there's an odd duck box along the line that sticks out because it doesn't match, it's ugly and annoying af. the few times when actually do i want to get a special edition to get a statue and thus get stuck with a pos steelbook i don't want, i actually go into gamestops and take the cover art out of the empty boxes they have so I can maintain my order lol.

That's some high level OCD =D

What about doing another collection of Steelbooks? =D That way they won't affect other games and you could be getting Steelbooks :D

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's some high level OCD =D

What about doing another collection of Steelbooks? =D That way they won't affect other games and you could be getting Steelbooks :D

But then I'd be separating ps4 games from each other which would not be ok :( 

if I had a lot of steelbooks maybe I'd be able to stomach them in their own section (still prob not tho lol), but I have like 3 and rarely look to get LE's.

yeah, ocd is a helluva drug lol. you know what pisses me off- the freaking rise of the tomb raider case. the only way you could have got it was in the weird case it comes with that isn't the same dimensions even as a normal ps4 case. annoys the hell out of me haha.

15 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

you know what pisses me off- the freaking rise of the tomb raider case. the only way you could have got it was in the weird case it comes with that isn't the same dimensions even as a normal ps4 case. annoys the hell out of me haha.

Oh tell me about it! I ended up getting a promo sleeve from a display case so it could match the rest of my games. Was totally worth it. xD 

• Like 1