Rarity Leaderboard

Wasn't UR originally for 1k when I first checked? xD

I would actually like to see this. And the implementation shouldn't be that bad...

More stats are always welcomed =D

(And it would be interesting seeing how different rarity leaderboards would differ from normal leaderboards (read how many skippers are there :P))

4 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

VNs should not be worth an ultra rare

Poor VNs :( That would discriminate poor us who actually play them :/

But I would definitely be for some kind of skip-removal.

14 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

185,635 rarity points. WOW! :o 

Close! 

Only 184,545 for me =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wasn't UR originally for 1k when I first checked? xD

Yeah it was :lol:. After thinking about it, i felt it was slightly too many points.

20 minutes ago, midgetstrawdog said:

Since we are mentioning PSNTL, I would say we do commons like them and make them 0. VNs should not be worth an ultra rare

Good point. Hadn't really thought of this too much, but i'd agree with your point.

I agree that this would be a cool idea! 

1 hour ago, marvelboy10 said:

After some careful calculation. Given the points values that you gave. I would have approximately.......hold on for a second..... Take away 2 divide by 5..... I would have 185,635 rarity points. WOW! :o that's a lot higher then I thought. :lol:

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Close! 

Only 184,545 for me =D

I would only be sitting at 182,060 if I did the calculations correctly :jaymon: But it is fun to calculate to see what I'm at!

12 minutes ago, Midnightwards666 said:

I also wish there was another rarity category for sub 1% trophies... not completely sure what though. Anyway, my score would only be 134,140... only a year, haven't got many trophies, but am happy with it... 

I'd definitely agree with this, one of my friends has been wanting it for a while as well. I usually check how many sub 1% trophies an account has if I'm looking at it. You'd be surprised by how few even the accounts with a decent amount of UR have. Could call it Super rare. :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zajac9999 said:

I'd definitely agree with this, one of my friends has been wanting it for a while as well. I usually check how many sub 1% trophies an account has if I'm looking at it. You'd be surprised by how few even the accounts with a decent amount of UR have. Could call it Super rare. :P

Oh I edited my post after you quoted it... suggesting Hyper Rare. I guess Super Rare will do too... tbh I'm not too bothered about the name... I guess just anything that distinguishes would suffice.

My score would be ... 313.870 ... Yep, gotta love those Ultra Rare. 

A Rarity Leaderboard would be a fine improvement and a huge addition to the site! It's for this sort of thing that I still visit other sites. I don't have a large heap of trophies, but I do have quite a bit of rare trophies. And that's what I like to compare with others. 

Hopping on to what others were saying before ... a 6th category for trophies lower than 1% would be very sweet ... Just kidding about the name, but as I really like Street Fighter and they happen to go from Super to Ultra, ... the trophy category shouldn't be going from Ultra Rare to Super Rare, ... but, yes, ... Hyper Rare? Again ... just kidding ...

About the points awarded in each category ... I don't know if this has been discussed before. I read something about 1k ... here it is 500 now for UR trophies ... So I don't know, but here's another idea ... 

Starting with common ... Yes, that one should be 0. Not wanting to bring down the mass amount trophy hunters, but even keeping this at 1 point, it will reward the them too much and not the Ultra Rare Trophy Hunters as, I think, we would like to see being rewarded ...

The other categories have a relation of factor 5. So you need 5 trophies of a category to equal 1 trophy of a category 1 level higher up. Like this ...

Uncommon = 1 point

Rare = 5 points

Very Rare = 25 points

Ultra Rare = 125 points

Or ... same string here if you would purely like to see 'more' points, but their factor 5 relation stays the same:

UC = 4

R = 20

VR = 100

UR = 500

Back to the beginning ... I think it would be a wonderful idea ... and I hope that it will see they light of day too one day on this site. 

AND FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT LIKE STATS ... *no, we're not done yet* ... to add another idea ... Why not add a 'Rarity Ratio' ... ? This number can be derived from your points for the Rarity Leaderboard (mine is 313.870) divided by your amount of trophies (I have 3.943 trophies) ... Like this ...

313.870 / 3.943 = 79,60 'RR'

A high RR means that with a lot of trophies or even we you don't have that many trophies, ... most of your trophies are pretty rare ... While a low RR means that most of your trophies aren't so rare ... What is a 'high' RR and what is a 'low' RR should still be seen at a later stage when and if more players' RR get calculated. But, ... where I'm going at is that this number, ... this RR completely strips away the benefit of having 'more' trophies. For example: the player with 1000 trophies of mediocre rarity will score a lower RR than a player with 500 trophies with a higher rarity level. Then again - for the Rarity Leaderboard - the 1000 trophy player will probably still surpass the 500 trophy player.

You see ... ? It's just another way to compare players on another level where the rarity of trophies comes to mind ... Again, ... I hope the idea maybe sticks and that one day we see something like this actually happening on the site. 

Thx!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nitro said:

No. UR's were never 1k. Prestiege trophies are worth 1k (under 1% of tracked players)

When I first checked this thread.

12 hours ago, Smithy said:

Yeah it was :lol:. After thinking about it, i felt it was slightly too many points.

8 hours ago, zajac9999 said:

Why not Uber Rare? :awesome: