Secret Boss fight(spoilers)

DFuzed

So I'm trying to defeat Emil, get about 75% then he does this attack where he spins in place with an orange ball growing in size.. When it detonates, I get instant killed by it, and I'm obviously missing something I need to do to get by it. Any advice?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DFuzed said:

So I'm trying to defeat Emil, get about 75% then he does this attack where he spins in place with an orange ball growing in size.. When it detonates, I get instant killed by it, and I'm obviously missing something I need to do to get by it. Any advice?

You can change the topic name so it's not a spoiler. "Secret boss" would suffice. 

Your HP is too low if any of his attacks instantly kill, I recommend hp chips, especially +6. Your probably too low lvl as well. 

11 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

You can change the topic name so it's not a spoiler. "Secret boss" would suffice. 

Your HP is too low if any of his attacks instantly kill, I recommend hp chips, especially +6. Your probably too low lvl as well. 

How much HP would be enough?  I had 6800 when I was fighting him, and can boost it to about 11,000 with what I got. As for level, I was fighting him at level 70 (went and did other things so I'm currently at 72)

Edited by DFuzed

11k should be fine, I was lvl 92 though. 

I used two pod blade spins on him and it was over(I also had all 3 pods). 

I just dodged constantly, and used gatling until the cool down was finished. I never swiped at him once with my blade. Too scary to get that close without the blade program, and I was still dodging constantly and using large heals everytime I got hit. 

Could you please click "edit" on your original post and rename the title "Secret Boss Fight Help"

You'll get more help that way too.

I've been using Volt/Mirage and keeping close to him when he's stationary, just so he doesn't throw those heads/balls/whatever out, then moving away from him when he starts spinning. I only get hit once in a while, mostly if I mistime my Pod uses. I was healing anything over half my HP, letting the auto-heal Mod do the work. Going to try him again with the tweaked HP

You should go kill the rabbit enemy in the amusement park a few times to get yourself at least above 80.  You spend much more time than necessary on the 99 bosses if you're 20 levels below them. That would also make up your health deficit without needing to use chip spots on health increase. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gage said:

You should go kill the rabbit enemy in the amusement park a few times to get yourself at least above 80.  You spend much more time than necessary on the 99 bosses if you're 20 levels below them. That would also make up your health deficit without needing to use chip spits in health increase. 

Oh right forgot about that! I concur! 

@DFuzed if you are still having problems, you get over 100k exp from the bunny and it's much easier. You can hack it by hacking other machines first, and then use hacking while as a machine to get it moving.

But I always just used the blade spin program once or twice and it woke up. 

Very easy to get to lvl 90s with the bunny. 

Grr, ok, so I can't kill the rabbit because I am in Route C (quick check online says that you can only do it in Route B only), so I m going to have to do it at my level or find another place to level up.

Which emil are you talking about? I actually managed with ease when I got all weapons max, with 9s for the cave one I managed without hacking and the true one with a2 I got using the engine blade,  max pod and a usurper spear. 

Was level 91 and for th true one was 94

Also when he starts the detonation, run to the one self destructing and fire with the pod he will go down rather quick, if not you get ending Y

3 hours ago, DFuzed said:

Grr, ok, so I can't kill the rabbit because I am in Route C (quick check online says that you can only do it in Route B only), so I m going to have to do it at my level or find another place to level up.

Heh? I killed it plenty in route C. 

7 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Heh? I killed it plenty in route C. 

I was hacking all the machines in the park that could reach the rabbit, and all were self-destructing without any option to remote control.  Doesn't seem to matter if it's non-aggressive or willing to attack me, actually attacking me or I hit it from behind, nothing worked.  Finished the game so I could buy it, but this is now a personal vendetta and want to get it legit.

Just now, DFuzed said:

I was hacking all the machines in the park that could reach the rabbit, and all were self-destructing without any option to remote control.  Doesn't seem to matter if it's non-aggressive or willing to attack me, actually attacking me or I hit it from behind, nothing worked.  Finished the game so I could buy it, but this is now a personal vendetta and want to get it legit.

Ah ya I could see why the hacking wouldn't work. But the damage will. First time I was actually controlling one of the snakes(yes I flew it everywhere lol) and was just flying around it damaging it for a few minutes because I was tired but controlling the snake was really really awesome. 

You do more damage yourself though. 

Eventually after a specific amount of damage it will wake up. 

Use blade spin program on it enough and it will wake. Just keep using it, it's the most overpowered pod program by far, and works great on a stationary object really well lol. 

Once you kill it, you should jump a few lvls and waking it will become easier and easier. 

I didn't think it could be woken by damaging it either at first because of how long I wacked at it. But the blade spin program spead that up considerably. Have faith! 

1 minute ago, DFuzed said:

Yeah, that did work lol. Was falling asleep when that thing moved. Gonna farm it tonight and try for Emil again tomorrow, thanks for the help.

Same happened to me when I was half asleep, I bet you jumped a bit like I did lol

Np! :D

• Like 1