Atelier Meruru Plus for Vita

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/12/24/atelier-meruru-plus-for-playstation-vita-leaked-via-retailer/

meruru_thumb.jpg

Atelier Meruru is headed to the PlayStation Vita, according to a retail leak reported by Japanese blog, Game Jouhou.

Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland was briefly listed at 7Net, slated for release on March 20th with new costumes and bosses, just like Atelier Totori Plus.

Game Jouhou report that the 7Net listing also mentioned another feature—new costumes for Totori, provided you have save data from Atelier Totori Plus on your PlayStation Vita.

Atelier Meruru Plus will be available in two versions—a standard edition for 6,090 yen and a special edition for 8,190 yen.

I'm kind of curious about this series, and the Vita enhanced ports seem like a great place to start, especially since I'm enjoying the Vita more and more. The only concern I have about these games is that they have a time limit, is this true, and if so, how much does it effect your gameplay?

A time limit of 6 years(not every Atelier have 6 years, for example Rorona and Ayesha have 3 years).

Yes, as every atelier outside the Iris and the Al Revis trilogy does.

Time limit seems frustrating but it"s the core system of this kind of games, it forces you to judge and making things carefully, it's a real management at everything and i love this since the start of the series, it do also set the level of difficulty of your own progress, going unprepared is punishing while going well prepared is a breeze. It's also how to think as an adventurer, you'll never going point blank.

Well im also impatient to play Atelier Meruru Plus as every Atelier i have played since Atelier marie, whenever its from the original good japan and the localised European or American version (the only american version i have own is mana khemia 2 as it was never released in europe) :).

I just hope this time, Gust will really put more work on double checking the game before making it gold, i mean playing Totori Plus on Vita was like playing Mana Khemia Portable, it's filled of bugs and glitch, it was a real nightmare to play properly and i was seriously waiting for a 1.01 that do actually solve most of the problem and putting the Totori Plus version to be the perfect PS3 port including all DLC. So i really hope the best for Meruru Plus, like being Mana Khemia 2 Portable as this one was totally clean and no bug to annoy me.

I have Atelier Totori for PS3... and I can't even begin to remember how many times I restarted the game because of the time limit and me screwing something up... :S:facepalm:

One of these days, I'll get back to it... When and if this game is released stateside, I'll most likely buy it... :angel:

I have Atelier Totori for PS3... and I can't even begin to remember how many times I restarted the game because of the time limit and me screwing something up... :S:facepalm:

One of these days, I'll get back to it... When and if this game is released stateside, I'll most likely buy it... :angel:

Is the time limit forgiving? I'm afraid I'll have to use a guide so as to not miss anything, cause from the sounds of it, if I forget to pick up an item and travel somewhere, I'd end up having to restart.

So many complaints on a time limit you do realise you'd have to play through it multiple times anyway and besides multiple endings... I'd also like to point out that game number one of the Arland trilogy hasn't got a Vita port so I wouldn't call the Vita ports a good place to start. In either case I'd still get Totori and Meruru again if they get an English release on the Vita but I really have to get back to finishing Rorona first so close yet so far from the platinum...

Is the time limit forgiving? I'm afraid I'll have to use a guide so as to not miss anything, cause from the sounds of it, if I forget to pick up an item and travel somewhere, I'd end up having to restart.

Everytime you travel somewhere, fight enemies, collect items... it could takes days/weeks... I am using a walkthru... but things don't always go as planned... so in my opinion, the time limit is unforgiving... However if you manage to finish certain tasks ahead of schedule (and I mean way ahead) you might have some time to do other tasks... Thats if the game doesn't have plans of its own... (ie: cutscenes and such...)

There's really nothing to be afraid of about the time limit :), it's not like the game doesnt forgive you at anything, i mean it's not like Breath of fire Dragon Quarter in which anything is punishing in order to achieve the true ending.

If you always thing like this, then you can already forget about playing Final Fantasy XIII Lightning Returns in which his own time limit of 13 days to finish everything will be bad for you. In Atelier, the NG+ is also the reason of making things easier after beating the game the first time at any endings.

Besides, there's no need of a guide or trying to rush at Atelier Meruru, the True Ending will be only avaiable at your second playthrough from the NG+. So in the first, you can do any endings you want but not 2 of them, so it would be a good idea to use your first playthrough to make the best gear for your NG+.

I'd also like to point out that game number one of the Arland trilogy hasn't got a Vita port so I wouldn't call the Vita ports a good place to start. In either case I'd still get Totori and Meruru again if they get an English release on the Vita but I really have to get back to finishing Rorona first so close yet so far from the platinum...

I would like to point out one more thing again about what Kyouko_Sakura said :).

Gust is also known of being lazy at re-releasing stuff. Just like at the time of the PSP(I prefer excluding the part of the Atelier Marie and Elie on PS2 which is really the exception of a remake), Mana Khemia 1 and 2 from the PS2 were ported on the PSP, the first one was really a poor port like the opening was just a cut from the main screen and the freeze/glitch was painful (it's what do you get from Iris 3 to Rorona, including Atelier Totori Plus at 1.00(1.01 fix tons of problem nowadays)), Atelier Viorate and Judie were also port on PSP, finally you have Atelier Totori Plus on Vita. All 5 just got some minors additionnal stuff like Atelier Totori Plus, there's nothing really additionnal so nothing at being remade (The new screen you saw at Atelier Totori Plus News is nothing new, they are only added to 2 events that do already happen on PS3). It's the fact that the reason they didnt choose Rorona on Vita is first Gust should remade the game all from scratch so it would be just like Totori, Meruru and Ayesha are in term of graphism/balance and it would fit what Sony wants to see on PSVita but instead they choose Totori as it's also the one who sell the most copies these years and it's already their masterpiece work.

But i agree that if you intend to start the Arland Trilogy, better play it from the PS3, the Vita version is really for the fans, in my opinion and it's always good to know the stuff that happens at Rorona so you can understand the stuff that sometimes people tell you at Totori.

Rorona let you introduce to the town of Arland and their ways of life as well, Totori let you visit the world and Meruru let you conclude by using the same people of the world of developping your own Kingdom. All 3 using the Alchemy.

Edited by LordIchikyo

I really hope it comes to europe too because these kind of games often stay in Japan.

I didnt even know Atelier Totori Plus.was out,guess its only in Japan?

Yes Atelier Totori Plus is only out in JP and I haven't heard of any EU/US Publisher.

Biggest issue with Atelier Meruru compare to Totori is that Boss seem to be ultra hard.

I had no idea there was going to be a Meruru Plus aswell as Totori, eeep :wub: i know i've completed all Atelier games for PS3 but i'd love to play them again for vita on the go as i've said many times before, especially Meruru as I think that one was probably my favourite, hope this gets localised along with Totori eventually, please please pleaseeee :yay:

I didnt need the rainbow weapon at my first playthrough^^ (since it was on JP), and it always depend on which sort of boss you are actually facing against. :)

The first few are really easy, and some other arent really what you want to fight against after gaining a couple of level and crafting a better gear.

It's also about the experience, making the best gear is not the only strategy, crafting certains type of Items and using alternative strategy do also work.

Its the kind of game like Atelier that you see you wont play the same as the others. It's not only about random factor :).

A guide can tell me to use Rayas to beat Masked G, i wont use him as i didnt need him at all. A guide tell me how to make it easier but i can make it even more easier with something else

Edited by LordIchikyo