A fourth campaign....

AJ_Radio

If anyone noticed while playing Shovel Knight, if you pause the game and go to feats, you will see a list of feats you completed and ones you still need to finish.

For most players we know we can switch between Shovel Knight and Plaque Knights portraits, both with their own feats. What's particularly noticeable is there is room for two more portraits on the right of Plaque Knights portrait. We already know Specter Knight is coming in April (for those without Switch), but with a "fourth" portrait still available I had to look it up. Apparently Yacht Club Games fourth and possibly final campaign for the game will be on King Knight.

I don't mean to criticize since I love Shovel Knight, but I look at King Knight as a wuss. He is by far the easiest boss of the Order of No Quarter, regardless if you're playing as Shovel Knight or Plaque Knight. Shovel Knight has his shovel and relics, Plaque Knight has bombs and boosts, Specter Knight has his scythe and what looks to be an arsenal of dark spells (assuming that's what he has). 

King Knight has well, a crown, a fancy cape, and a rather puny weapon. Basically a knight in gold armor who thinks he is royalty. But it will be interesting to see how his campaign will turn out. Really disappointed Plaque Knight didn't get more trophies in the DLC. 

What do you guys think?

Edited by Spaz

Well it's also worth noting they're the first three bosses (excluding Black Knight) most players face. Treasure Knight and Mole Knight are too cumbersome, Polar Knight is too big, Tinker Knight is too small. Propeller Knight would of been a little interesting. 

6 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Ok, now go back and change every one of those q's to g's, because his name is Plague Knight, not Plaque Knight. There's no intrepid dental crusaders questing against tooth decay in Shovel Knight.

Hahaha 

9 hours ago, damon8r351 said:

Ok, now go back and change every one of those q's to g's, because his name is Plague Knight, not Plaque Knight. There's no intrepid dental crusaders questing against tooth decay in Shovel Knight.

I got a good laugh out of this, and yes, I misspelled his name.

• Like 1

I'm playing through the game right now, actually just finished Plague Knight yesterday (and yeah I basically chose him instead of Mole Knight and Treasure Knight to beat first because I felt like seeing what character I'd play as later on).

On 19-3-2017 at 11:50 AM, Spaz said:

King Knight has well, a crown, a fancy cape, and a rather puny weapon. Basically a knight in gold armor who thinks he is royalty. But it will be interesting to see how his campaign will turn out.

I liked King Knight, being the haughty asshole that he is. Most first bosses in a linear game are easier to beat than later bosses, so I don't see it as a problem against him.

And yeah I know about exceptions to the rule like Bloodborne, I said "most" not "all".

On 19-3-2017 at 11:50 AM, Spaz said:

Really disappointed Plaque Knight didn't get more trophies in the DLC.

Well, one trophy is for all feats so there's still a lot to do :)

Personally I'm playing through the game on the Switch so I'm only looking at the feats anyway but since, as far as I know, Plague Knight's campaign is just the basic Shovel Knight campaign with a different character and Specter Knight actually has a completely new campaign, I think it's fitting that Plague gets so few trophies.

He'll probably get more trophies once they release all DLC campaigns as separate entities...

On 19.3.2017 at 11:50 AM, Spaz said:

King Knight has well, a crown, a fancy cape, and a rather puny weapon. Basically a knight in gold armor who thinks he is royalty. But it will be interesting to see how his campaign will turn out. Really disappointed Plaque Knight didn't get more trophies in the DLC.

As some already said backers where able to vote for the 3 bosses and that was during the campaign before we knew how the knights would turn out. All info known during the voting phase was from this site:
http://yachtclubgames.com/dig-the-vote/

Personaly I chose King Knight as I liked the idea of cheating yourself through the levels. The others I voted for were Treasure Knight (due to the Game of Greed-idea) and Polar Knight (IIRC, hey it was 4 years ago!).

And as it seems they kept the playstyle-ideas so I guess all features mentioned for King Knight might be in his campaign for real.

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

As some already said backers where able to vote for the 3 bosses and that was during the campaign before we knew how the knights would turn out. All info known during the voting phase was from this site:

Personaly I chose King Knight as I liked the idea of cheating yourself through the levels. The others I voted for were Treasure Knight (due to the Game of Greed-idea) and Polar Knight (IIRC, hey it was 4 years ago!).

And as it seems they kept the playstyle-ideas so I guess all features mentioned for King Knight might be in his campaign for real.

Reading through that, having Black Knight as a playable character would have been really cool, theme wise, as he seems to basically be the Anti Shovel Knight. Perhaps that's why he didn't win though, people would want something different from what they would already get.

Edited by BillyHorrible

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well, one trophy is for all feats so there's still a lot to do :)

Personally I'm playing through the game on the Switch so I'm only looking at the feats anyway but since, as far as I know, Plague Knight's campaign is just the basic Shovel Knight campaign with a different character and Specter Knight actually has a completely new campaign, I think it's fitting that Plague gets so few trophies.

He'll probably get more trophies once they release all DLC campaigns as separate entities...

I know the Wii U version enabled you to switch gear and weapons on the go without going to the actual menu of items. Don't know about the Switch. I don't play Nintendo games anymore.

Plague Knight's feats are more difficult than Shovel Knight. While most of the objectives are the same, one requires you to finish the game without drinking any health tonics. Plague Knight doesn't get as much health as Shovel Knight and he gets pushed back more. You get less food during the Banquet fight on New Game Plus. It's definitely a challenge.

That's basically the same as the Freedom Cry DLC from Assassins Creed Black Flag. You can buy it seperately on the PS3 and PS4, and it's also added onto the Black Flag trophy list. So technically you can play that DLC FOUR TIMES on one account.

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

This was before I knew the people could vote for the bosses being playable. I only knew about the kickstarter campaign, I didn't know Yacht Club Games was going to give the honors to those who helped make Shovel Knight possible. Not very many companies do this and I wish they would.

2 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Reading through that, having Black Knight as a playable character would have been really cool, theme wise, as he seems to basically be the Anti Shovel Knight. Perhaps that's why he didn't win though, people would want something different from what they would already get.

Black Knight is too much the same. That's probably why he wasn't chosen as one of the three playable boss characters in the DLC.

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This was before I knew the people could vote for the bosses being playable. I only knew about the kickstarter campaign, I didn't know Yacht Club Games was going to give the honors to those who helped make Shovel Knight possible. Not very many companies do this and I wish they would.

The reason why I quoted you was to show you the site which tells the planned abilities for the knights so people were able to vote for their favorites. I was fully aware of the fact that thing already cleared up. But now you know what we are able to expect from King Knight besides being a sassy pimp. =)

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/03/2017 at 0:38 PM, Spaz said:

Well it's also worth noting they're the first three bosses (excluding Black Knight) most players face. Treasure Knight and Mole Knight are too cumbersome, Polar Knight is too big, Tinker Knight is too small. Propeller Knight would of been a little interesting. 

Played through the game now and Tinker Knight isn't really that small... A campaign with him having mecha-levels would be cool.

Perhaps the better option would have been to finish the main game first and have the backers vote on which to play as after a month or two?

Anyway after playing through the Shovel Knight campaign I tried Plague Knight for a bit (never would have played through it right away as it's the same campaign as Shovel Knight) and I didn't really like the controls. Did Specter Knight afterwards, first level and the area after that but he's cool and I could see myself playing through his campaign soon instead of moving on to other games.

• 4 weeks later...