Jump to content

PSA Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer is also a little rough around the edges.


Wavergray

Recommended Posts

Building off of xZoneHunter thread, I just want to make people aware that Mass Effect: Andromeda's multiplayer will also have some problems on day one.

 

There are some videos I want to share about the multiplayer, but first here are my first impression after playing 8 hours of the multiplayer. (I used the 10 hours trial for EA Access to play the game)

  1. The game is fun. It does have some problems, but it is still fun.
  2. The user interface is a huge step down from ME3's multiplayer, to the point of hurting the overall experience of the multiplayer.
  3. The 5 starting maps are pretty bad. You can tell they were made to show off the jetpack, but they didn't into consideration how it would effect the flow and balance of the game. Because of this the maps are kind of confusing to navigate the first few times you play on them.
  4. The enemies are not balanced well and because of this to a bronze in Andromeda's multiplayer is as hard as ME3's gold if you have lower level weapon's and characters.
  5. The netcode is really bad, in my experience 5 out of 10 matches were full of rubberbanding for both the host and client. (This is on my super stable 500mb wired connection).
  6. There are a ton of audio problems.
  7. Open mics.

 

There are also some smaller things that will only annoy people who played over 100 hours of ME3's multiplayer, like no heavy melee, the buttons for ops packs and thermal have been switched, that classes are gone and that you need all 10 character cards to fully level up a character (even the Ultra Rare Characters).

 

Also the day one patch was already installed in the version I played. 

 

These two videos should show case most of the problems, but if I find any more I'll post them here.

 

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought all Mass Effect fans boycotted the series after the ending of 3...So I don't really know who will be buying this game. Now of course this is the Internet so Boycotting means I am going to post angry memes on a thread for a day or 2 but will wait in line for 6 hours in my Garrus costume waiting to by the game, all the dlc and every guide, toy, t-shirt available.

 

It sounds like though that boycott should have been a real thing as more and more negative news is coming out about this game...I don't know I would put a "wait and see" and buy it when it goes on sale.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DamagingRob said:

But they fixed that, didn't they? I still haven't played 3(because I bought it on the 360, the same day I bought my PS3, and now never use the thing :/).

It has been awhile but I think they added some more endings or something...I don't know the fanbase at the time was really silly and the whole "boycott" the game was silly because they didn't like the ending.

 

I just find it funny that everyone on the Internet is so angry at "things" but never follow up OR never do research beyond what they see on Facebook (obviously I am talking about more than just Mass Effect 3).

 

Point being though, this kind of stuff isn't acceptable and companies need to stop releasing buggy or broken games at launch and expect fans to be patient while they fix it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It has been awhile but I think they added some more endings or something...I don't know the fanbase at the time was really silly and the whole "boycott" the game was silly because they didn't like the ending.

Well, from what I've been told, the original ending was a travesty. They patched in a better one, supposedly, to appease all the disgruntled fans. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Point being though, this kind of stuff isn't acceptable and companies need to stop releasing buggy or broken games at launch and expect fans to be patient while they fix it

This is certainly true. This "patching things after release," instead of making sure a game is running correctly before putting it on the shelves, needs to stop. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

But they fixed that, didn't they? I still haven't played 3(because I bought it on the 360, the same day I bought my PS3, and now never use the thing :/).

They just added a few small cutscenes and more dialogue to the last part of the game in order to make things about the endings less vague.

It didn't really help, all it did was show people that Bioware had become very lazy when it came to storytelling.

7 minutes ago, Judge Judy said:

Well, at least you don't need to do any MP besides completing training to get the platinum.

True, but for quite a lot of people ME3's MP was the overwatch of it's time.

What I mean by this is that, it was the first MP game were they really had fun.

Edited by soultaker655
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside of the netcode, none of those things really bother me. And even the netcode isn't a big issue, it'll probably get patched quick. The game is p2p, so it's not like the netcode is some advanced mountain of code and servers.

 

Some of those other things are still up for debate anyways. Bronze with low level stuff and team mates that don't know the maps were always hard. That's an issue that'll work itself out over time. And the user interface isn't going to bother everyone.

 

And when it comes to little things like no heavy melee or the ops / thermal packs being changed or needing character cards to upgrade.... I mean, ever since this game was announced I expected a little change. I'm just chalking these things up to that and learning to live with it lol.

 

I loved ME3's mp so much that I never expected this to live up to it anyways. Hopefully after a few patches and a few free expansions it'll surpass ME3, but I doubt it.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Splathew said:

The ME3 ending was fine. Yeah, I said it. Just another thing that got overblown on the internet.

 

The main issue with the ending is doesn't matter how you played the trilogy up until the 3rd game, it always ends the same for EVERYONE. Which normally I guess isn't a big deal.. but when it comes to RPGs and the Dev's are always talking about how your choices matter and how they all the choices you made from ME1 and ME2 will affect the story in ME3 turned out to be all lies??

And how in the end it doesn't matter if you saved the Krogan homeworld and tried to helped them have babies again.. Because in the end, everyone dies. So basically the ending was a big "fuck you" all your choices didn't save you or anyone else.. Your all going to die, except for like those 3 people on the Normandy... Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now I see why there was no real beta for the game.:facepalm:

 

We cant show people this is all we got! LOL

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Outside of the netcode, none of those things really bother me. And even the netcode isn't a big issue, it'll probably get patched quick. The game is p2p, so it's not like the netcode is some advanced mountain of code and servers.

 

Some of those other things are still up for debate anyways. Bronze with low level stuff and team mates that don't know the maps were always hard. That's an issue that'll work itself out over time. And the user interface isn't going to bother everyone.

 

And when it comes to little things like no heavy melee or the ops / thermal packs being changed or needing character cards to upgrade.... I mean, ever since this game was announced I expected a little change. I'm just chalking these things up to that and learning to live with it lol.

 

I loved ME3's mp so much that I never expected this to live up to it anyways. Hopefully after a few patches and a few free expansions it'll surpass ME3, but I doubt it.

As long as you don't have to sit through long loading screens to join a lobby, or have it take you from the MP menu back to the main menu back to the MP just to join a friend, I'll be happy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...