Episode Gladiolus Trophies

Mr_McNight

130836-lo.jpg Picker-Upper - Picked up all items. (Bronze)

130836-lo.jpg Column Colossus - Uprooted all columns. (Bronze)

130836-lo.jpg Master and Pupil - Performed 5 link-strikes with Cor. (Bronze)

130836-lo.jpg Shield of the Chosen King - Completed the trials on Normal. (Bronze)

130836-lo.jpg No Pain, No Gain - Scored 500,000 or more points in Score Attack. (Bronze)

130836-lo.jpg Transcendence - ??? (Secret Trophy) (Bronze)

130842-lo.jpg A New Blademaster - Scored 1,000,000 or more points in Score Attack. (Gold)

• Like 4

They know trophies are important to add to dlc value...even if trophy hunter group may be a minority of the population. It sells dlcs!

15 minutes ago, MegaZeroXX said:

^ Most probably, yes. You can get the platinum even without the Gladio DLC. But do take note that once the DLC gets in it will be part of the 100% overall weighting.

Ahhh thanks. I think I get what you mean - like base game 100% and then DLC separate, but as a whole unit i'll only have done, say 80% or something (no maths used here haha). Thanks for the heads up :) 

On 22/03/2017 at 9:23 AM, EmzOLV said:

Ahhh thanks. I think I get what you mean - like base game 100% and then DLC separate, but as a whole unit i'll only have done, say 80% or something (no maths used here haha). Thanks for the heads up :) 

In my experience, the DLC weapons that came with the season pass HELPS attain the platinum a tad easier.  The Ragnarok blade for example is OP, I've chosen it over the Ultima blade as well as whatever the equivalent I got along the way.  Warp strikes with the Ragnarok blade gives 9999+ damage most of the time.  It does the same with the Adamantoise with proper buffs... The rod and reel from the Booster Pack DLC was a good starter set and helped eased my way to rank 10 fishing...

So yeah, the DLCs may not be a requirement for the platinum BUT I would recommend to at least get the first booster pack if you want to make your road to the platinum a bit easier...

• Like 1

I only got the free DLCs and the road to the platinum was easy. When I finished the main story, I was sitting with 93% completion rate...I was only missing 3 trophies...getting all royal arms, maxing Noctis' fishing level, and maxing Ignis' cooking level, The last 2 only took me 2h max, to farm. And for the royal arms...I was only missing 2 of them...which were the easiest ones to get around. I did spend allot of time though, completing every single damn quest in the game, bounty hunts included. I thing 50% of the time spent in the game, was just me doing quests lol

The gold trophy isn't that hard at all. Just parry and counter-attack most of the time and you will gain a lot of points. Don't bother with the time-limit or the time bonus for each section, it's negligible. Try not to spend too much items as the ones you still have in stock in the end will be added to your final score