wackt1

A few Questions regarding the game.

10 posts in this topic

I'm on ng+ with full havel armor (excluding the shield) and have the gravelord sword +2. I'm stuck on the O&S boss fight (trying to solo because I don't have anymore humanity) because I'm trying to kill smough last to get his soul but Pikachu keeps on launching his lightning spears that keep finding me (and don't get me started on that hitbox of the spear)!!!! any tips? Also, what are the drop rates for tianite slabs on darkwraiths and how do I ascend weapons to +15 because I did it with the great demon machete but it didn't work (for reference it went to lntg great demon machete +5 but I didn't get the trophy). 

Best tip would be to use the pillars as buffers and use a stick and move tactic. Keep circling the arena and pick off whoever you want first. 

Don't know much about the latter other than I think you need to go to the Skeleton Blacksmith in the catacombs and bring him a certain ember. He'll do the rest. Hope this helps

Thanks, it's just that Ornstein so ********** mobile. 

You should of gone with Smough for the second playthrough but I guess that's out of the question now...

Best tip is to stick close and not give him the distance for his homing lightning arrows thing, and only make space between him and you when he does his lightning ground pound (learn to recognise when he's going to do it, pretty easy to see the telegraphing when you see it enough times). 

Also, imo the gravelord sword is pretty bad for NG+. I don't know what build you are using but the lack of scaling hurts its usefulness a lot, and even then if you want to keep using it, I'd really recommend getting it to +5 ASAP. Demon Titanites are a pain to get but it's worth it for the big damage boost.

I would also really recommend farming humanities, killing O&S solo without a character that has quick roll is more pain than it's worth, especially if the fight is giving you trouble. I would REALLY recommend grinding a bit to get Solaire to help with the fight.

Personally I had a DEX build with Quelaag's Furysword +5 for this fight, and it was easier than the first run imo.

Another heads up - might be worth going back to the Painted World and grinding souls from those spear enemies around the statues to get souls really quickly to boost your SL for the fight.

Good luck!

I'm not on NG+ yet, but they are both weak to fire damage. So if you're using pyromancies it'll help a lot. If not, try to get a fire based weapon. I've been using Quelaag's Furysword +5 on my current playthrough and it did pretty well against these two.

I was actually farming the Darkwraiths earlier today for a Titanite Slab. It took about two hours to obtain one. I had 410 discovery rate (Golden Serpent Ring + 10 "loose" humanities), so they can be a pain to farm, but not impossible. I honestly think it's about luck. You might get one right away, you might not get one for a few hours. But definitely make sure your discovery rate is maxed at 410 if you're going to farm any type of Slab.

Equip the snake ring and go to the depths. Kill the rats to farm humanity. I'd saved up to 25 from doing that. Then go to O&S boss gate and summon co operators 

Thanks for the tips everyone, also what weapons and armor sets do you guys recommend in general for a ng+ playthrough?

Edited by wackt1

I'd drop as much armor as possible to at least mid roll if not fast roll. There are only a few fights (*cough* 4 Kings *cough*) where the armor and poise of Havel's is better than movement speed. 

Something like the gold hemmed or Crimson set is nice because it's light with mid armor and good resistance. Don't be afraid to mix and match to hit the best combination of attributes, there's no bonus for wearing a full set. Then equip a shield that either boosts a specific resist or Stamina regen. 

The BK Halberd is easily one of the best weapons in the game. Use twinkling titanite to boost it to +5 and you'll wreck most enemies. Hopefully you famed one off the BKS in the Kiln on your first run. 

The Claymore, BK sword, or Great Scythe are all nice weapons as well. 

For +15 you have to give Andre the very large ember to modify it past +10. Andre also does raw (ugh), occult and divine. 

I wouldn't bother with any of the other upgrades unless you're a heavy magic user and you want to go with magic or enchanted. 

Like others said, put on your gold serpent ring, pop a humanity (once you get one) and go farm rats for an hour to stock up on humanity fast. Or just throw down you sign at the AL bonfire and help others with OnS. Every time you succeed you get a humanity and 25k souls. I usually stop and help 4 or 5 people each run through, just to pay it forward. 

I do have the BK halbred but what were the requirments for it though?

32 strength, so 24 with 2 hands, and like 18 dex I believe. They aren't ridiculous. I have a level 30 character I keep to help people from the burg to AL that has the stats for it.