Save corruption issues

NebbyLunala

I saw a thread on the Playstationtrophies.org forum saying that if you co-op then your save corrupts and you lose everything. I have the game unopened on the table and was debating about playing it and now this issue is bothering me. Might use my old account to playtest it like I did with the LEGO Harry Potter collection, just in case.

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

I saw a thread on the Playstationtrophies.org forum saying that if you co-op then your save corrupts and you lose everything. I have the game unopened on the table and was debating about playing it and now this issue is bothering me. Might use my old account to playtest it like I did with the LEGO Harry Potter collection, just in case.

That is a bummer but I saw another poster in that same thread say they never paid co-op and still corrupted. I would say go for it and don't play too much without backing up your save. You have PS+ so I would keep a frequent cloud save and if you have a USB stick, keep a back-up on there too just to be extra safe.

For those still wondering, the corrupt saves are tied to the game crashing at random times. It can crash whether you are playing alone or in co-op, but seems to be way more prone to crashing in co-op for sure. The game does keep several save files though (of the same progress), so while the game has crashed 20+ times for me and corrupted my save file more than 5 times in those crashes, I've never lost more than 1 minute's worth of progress.

I do still backup my save files to the cloud after every crash, just to be safe.

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

If you ever get a save corruption, quickly check if there's an automatic backup of an old save on your PS+ cloud save storage! :) Saved me before!

That's not even necessary here. Just fire up the game, it will offer up a replacement save file usually 1 minute old, and you load that just fine. Has worked every time thus far :)

Just now, DKShadow said:

That's not even necessary here. Just fire up the game, it will offer up a replacement save file usually 1 minute old, and you load that just fine. Has worked every time thus far :)

Sounds like they had some issues with save corruption during development or something then? And just went with this solution instead... :S

• 3 years later...

i can confirm this save corruption, it happened to me after around 10 hours of gameplay, 

and i did not do coop,

i even called sony service support, the only thing they told me is : you have to play it again from beginning, and save on usb stick...

now this game is sleeping among my other hidden games

it was 2 years ago, maybe now it's fixed? but i really doubt it

and the more funny: i had a dozen of saves for this game on the psn+, they ALL have been corrupted at the same time!!

seems the only solution is to save on usb stick regularly, but here is an other problem, the save data size for this game is very big, in my case it's around 400Mo, so if you have an old usb stick you will have to wait around half an hour each time to save your game, better use a fast usb3 brand new usb stick for this game

Edited by Sombroff

4 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

i can confirm this save corruption, it happened to me after around 10 hours of gameplay, 

and i did not do coop,

i even called sony service support, the only thing they told me is : you have to play it again from beginning, and save on usb stick...

now this game is sleeping among my other hidden games

it was 2 years ago, maybe now it's fixed? but i really doubt it

and the more funny: i had a dozen of saves for this game on the psn+, they ALL have been corrupted at the same time!!

seems the only solution is to save on usb stick regularly, but here is an other problem, the save data size for this game is very big, in my case it's around 400Mo, so if you have an old usb stick you will have to wait around half an hour each time to save your game, better use a fast usb3 brand new usb stick for this game

I think the problem has been fixed as of v1.19, because I've spent a lot of time playing this and, touch wood, it hasn't happened. The game did crash on me once but my saves were ok afterwards.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I think the problem has been fixed as of v1.19, because I've spent a lot of time playing this and, touch wood, it hasn't happened. The game did crash on me once but my saves were ok afterwards.

if so it's a good news, don't forget to often save with usb though

4 minutes ago, Sombroff said:

if so it's a good news, don't forget to often save with usb though

I make frequent backups to both a USB drive and the PS Plus Save File Cloud but it takes ages, due to how big the saves are. I have over 4gb of saves, just for this game because of how the bonkers save system works.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, XilixiR said:

But backups doesn't  it require to exit game fully? Or xan you do it while game is still running? Can imagine how much time you lose to backup every 10min or 1hour... 

Manual Save file backups can only happen when the game app is closed but this game will automatically create a backup whilst you're playing, though I don't know how often that happens.

• Like 1