Best level to grind out Ecto points

GizMo_The_Great

So I've been playing this abomination of a game for an hour or two every day over a week now. I'm about 5 levels away from maxing out my last three characters. I can quite confidently say that Queen of the Darned is the best level to play to grind out your Ecto gain. The level takes on average 35-40 minutes when blasting everything. 

Another good tip is to drop the stat points for weapon damage and overheat for any characters you have maxed out already. This will prevent them from getting most of the kills, allowing you, or the other characters you need to level up to gain more points.

At the end of this mission I'm always gaining between 200,000 and 250,000 Ecto points for every character. So at the end before I bag the last trap, I switch over to remote play. Then link up my other two controllers allowing me to bank all these points for the three characters I need to max.

2nd level on the boat was what I used. Think it's the one you mentioned and I got about the same amount of ecto. I was lvl 26 with 3 chars and 1 lvl 28 when I started today and after doing the level 2 times all were 30, using 4 controllers. One thing I also did was switch characters, I always played with the character that was the lowest in level. This because I noticed that the character you play with, always gets the most ecto. Right before I picked up the last trap, I turned on and let 3 other controllers join so xp wouldn't be lost.

Even the 4-player trophy is possible with 4 controllers without all having real psn-accounts associated. They just need to join before picking up the trap or during the short cutscene after. And only the account starting the game will get the trophy. I used normal PS4-accounts without PSN associated for this trophy, not the guest accounts that disappear when you turn off the PS4.

Edited by Kolm

I've been using the same level. I get about 250k with my controlled character, but only about 150k with the AI. 

Typically a 40 min run, about 675k total score.

I can't describe the heart sink when I realized that getting all 4 characters to level 20 was not the end.....and that each level after only gives one upgrade point.

On 23-3-2017 at 1:11 PM, diskdocx said:

I can't describe the heart sink when I realized that getting all 4 characters to level 20 was not the end.....and that each level after only gives one upgrade point.

Same here... But I felt it coming. My chars were level 17-19 when I finished my first playthrough and I noticed that I needed way too many skillpoints to max them out. But it was guessing what the actually max level was then.

3 hours ago, Kolm said:

Same here... But I felt it coming. My chars were level 17-19 when I finished my first playthrough and I noticed that I needed way too many skillpoints to max them out. But it was guessing what the actually max level was then.

And I'm done. That grind was bad.

The game wasn't too bad for the first few levels. It was a good game to play in local couch co-op with the kids.

But after you've finished a few levels, you realize nothing really changes. The game adds nothing after the first hours of gameplay. The enemies never change, tactics never change and other than cosmetic difference between the levels, it really is all just the same.

Which wouldn't be awful if you were done when the game ended. But throw in the remix levels (which are simple rehashes of the levels you've already done), then grinding to get all characters to level 20, then even MORE grinding to reach level 30 for max upgrades....

Ugh.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 25/03/2017 at 6:29 PM, diskdocx said:

Which wouldn't be awful if you were done when the game ended. But throw in the remix levels (which are simple rehashes of the levels you've already done), then grinding to get all characters to level 20, then even MORE grinding to reach level 30 for max upgrades....

Ugh.

oh crap i didnt realise it was level 30 - dunno if i can be bothered to finsih this off now