Trials in one sitting?

Mapa

Hello. I played Bioshock 2 in PS3 version, but it was so long ago I dont remember certain details like save files. But I was playing the Trials DLC and when I was almost done my game froze, and I lost my progress, which I thought "That's what I get for not doing a back-up save", so, I did 3 trials and quit to do a back up, unfortanely I couldnt find a save for it in the storage, so I just back up whatever saves I got  for Bioshock Collection. I went back to the game to keep doing the trials, and oh surprise, there was no progress, no trial was done. So, is there a way to save trials or it really needs to be in one sitting hoping it doesn't crash again? I didn't see any Save option.

1 hour ago, Billy_Bonka_ said:

I remember reading on another forum that you get a maximum allowance of 500mb worth of saves between Bioshock 1 & 2. So you may have to delete some BS 1 saves before the game will allow you to create more.

Yeah, I read it too, but I just have 2 saves. An Auto Save and a Setting save, so I don't think thats the issue. Thanks tho.

Edited by mapachiniartaud

2 hours ago, audiopile said:

I don't recall having to do the trials in one sitting on PS3. In fact my trophy list tells me I did them quite far apart. I thought progress was kept as part of the autosave for the main game. 

I didn't have issues on the PS3 either. It's on the Remastered version I am having issues with. The "Save" and "Load" are greyed out. I have no issue with beating it all in one sitting, the issue is if it crashes again. Hopefully not.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

So people don't get confused, with the Trials in Bioshock 1, you CAN save during them. 

With the Trials in Bioshock 2, you Cannot save during them. That did, the Trials in Bioshock 2 will take about 10 mins maybe, so you can do a couple, take a break if it is frustrating, or you can select any of the Trials to continue with, you don't have to do them in order. 

My fav Trial was when you don't have any weapons, you just have to use Plasmids to protect the Little Sister. That was the most fun. ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, ArkonRhys said:

the Trials in Bioshock 2 will take about 10 mins maybe

Will take 10 mins EACH, haha. 

And I haven't had any issues doing it in multiple sittings so far, I only have a few of the trophies, but they all seem to be popping fine for me.