Resident Evil: Code Veronica is coming to PS4

I imagine that CVX is inevitable. Capcom loves their remasters and a lot of people like CVX. I wouldn't mind seeing an ORC remaster. The game was trash, but I somehow had a lot of fun with it. Perhaps with a remaster certain mechanics and controls could be smoothed out a bit making the game less broken. Chances are it won't happen due to how pretty much everyone and their grandmother hated the game. 

I would like to see RE2-RE3 ported digitally over the PS4 with trophy support like with FFVII. 

I would have bought it with a full trophy list. But I imagine they will just give it the same 100% list it had on PS3 just like they did with resident evil 4. (I pre-ordered RE4) If you won't even put in the effort to give the game a full trophy list then you don't deserve my money. Maybe when it goes super cheap but definitely not full price.

26 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I was expecting this, seeing first RE Revelation being remastered for ps4 recently as well. I hope they wont remaster that crappy Operation Racoon City. They should remake Resident Evil 2 and 3 next.

I don't think they will remaster Operation Raccoon City. If they do, they should remake one so they won't make a worse again. And they have already announced there will be a remake for Resident Evil 2, but I'm not sure about 3.

Edited by NEV

4 hours ago, NEV said:

I don't think they will remaster Operation Raccoon City. If they do, they should remake one so they won't make a worse again. And they have already announced there will be a remake for Resident Evil 2, but I'm not sure about 3.

As of now, a Resident Evil 3 remake hasn't been announced, although knowing how much Capcom loves remakes and remasters its probably only a matter of time until it happens in some form.

It's a great game. I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed Resident Evil Remake Remastered (or whatever you wanna cal it) to give this game a try as well. One of the best "classic" RE games in my opinion. With that being said, I probably won't be picking this one up because I already own it on PS3 and I have yet to get the 100%. If they added a platinum to this version, that would probably change my mind, but I know the likelihood of that happening is very low considering they didn't do it for RE4.

Capcom needs to stop re-releasing every one of their games on multiple systems and just start focusing on new games primarily. It's getting obnoxious considering RE4 had like if I recall 14 releases. Good game, but at this point it's not difficult to find a way to play it. Code Veronica is the same way, it's relatively easy to play these days.

6 minutes ago, Cynthia-Roses said:

Capcom needs to stop re-releasing every one of their games on multiple systems and just start focusing on new games primarily. It's getting obnoxious considering RE4 had like if I recall 14 releases. Good game, but at this point it's not difficult to find a way to play it. Code Veronica is the same way, it's relatively easy to play these days.

Not everybody has access to these older systems, though. There are plenty of people who haven't been into gaming as long as us and the only gaming system they own is a PS4. Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous how many releases RE4 has had, but nobody is forcing you to buy them all. It's just there for the people that want it. Besides, remasters don't really get in the way of new games. They port is often done by a different studio.

don't put all your hope's on it, it will basically gonna be a ps3 remastered version "Port" with the same trophy list and the only true improvement will be the 60FPS.

same as RE4 HD, speaking of RE4 HD, I heard the PS4/XBONE ports are slightly worse than the PS3/360's where the pinpoint aiming thingy is a bit messed up on current gen port.

Edited by yellowwindow7
fixed some typo errors caused by my stupid tablet.

• 1 month later...
On 2017-3-23 at 6:49 AM, Undead Wolf said:

It's a great game. I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed Resident Evil Remake Remastered (or whatever you wanna cal it) to give this game a try as well. One of the best "classic" RE games in my opinion. With that being said, I probably won't be picking this one up because I already own it on PS3 and I have yet to get the 100%. If they added a platinum to this version, that would probably change my mind, but I know the likelihood of that happening is very low considering they didn't do it for RE4.

I guess a possible "straight to the neck" coop guide will happen this time :P

Now with a Platinum. 

In all honesty, why you didn't add for re4 Capcom? My favorite re alongside REmake

7 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

I guess a possible "straight to the neck" coop guide will happen this time :P

Now with a Platinum. 

In all honesty, why you didn't add for re4 Capcom? My favorite re alongside REmake

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't put effort into the RE4 trophy list on PS4. Not just with the lack of a platinum, but I'm sure they could have made some interesting trophies tied to the Mercenaries mode and such. Oh well, at least they learnt from their mistake with Code Veronica I guess. Maybe we'll get a platinum for RE4 in the PS5 remaster if we're lucky. :awesome:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Yeah, it's a shame they didn't put effort into the RE4 trophy list on PS4. Not just with the lack of a platinum, but I'm sure they could have made some interesting trophies tied to the Mercenaries mode and such. Oh well, at least they learnt from their mistake with Code Veronica I guess. Maybe we'll get a platinum for RE4 in the PS5 remaster if we're lucky. :awesome:

Haha, yeah, lol :D

I was so happy when they announced a remaster trough, I thought they would add a plat to the game, because REmake and 0 had. But I guess was just another quick money grab. Believe it or not I was willing to get the game again, I played on GameCube, Wii and PS3. Wanted because I have all re plats

Let's hope PS5 has one, Mikami didn't lose his head when re4 launched on PS2, so I'm pretty sure Dr Salvador will let him go unscathed

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1