Trophy thoughts!

JayBizzle311

41 minutes ago, JayBizzle311 said:

Oh yeah! MLB The Show 17 is finally here. Only 6 days left until launch.

Trophies this year don't look too bad. That's great! Here's hoping everyone can get the platinum because last years trophy list was a complete smack in the face to trophy hunters.

Yea I agree.Last year the 2 trophies were ridiculous. Win 20 games with same draft team while if you loose 2 your done.Reach Legendary Status in Challenge of the week.

I quite literally know nothing about baseball, having only ever watched the World Series game 7 last year, but I'm up for trying anything. Was interested in last year's edition but the horrible online trophies kept me away, it's nice to see this year's has some pretty easy MP and then a bunch of solo stuff. Will probably pick it up at some point, though not at the full price as I don't even know if I'd enjoy the game itself. Should be a relatively easy UR for those of us who care about those sorts of things.

13 hours ago, doordie19822015 said:

Yea I agree.Last year the 2 trophies were ridiculous. Win 20 games with same draft team while if you loose 2 your done.Reach Legendary Status in Challenge of the week.

Challenge of the week trophy wasn't all that hard, just took some patience and luck. The 20 wins in BR was annoying due to so many inconsistencies.

Anyway looks like the biggest (and to me the most important) change is the fact most of these trophies can be earned online in competitive play which is great because I probably play DD 95% of the time with the other 5% being RTTS. Spend a day doing some Franchise/Retro and should be a relatively achievable plat.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:58 AM, Drew44Stokes said:

I haven't played since '15 how difficult does "I'll take that" sound? Also not sure about Diamond Dynasty divisions. Is Regular season the first or second one?

I'm pretty decent at pitching, so i can pitch on higher difficuties. Batting not great, but had a tough time capturing the Cubs stronghold. Only one was required for the trophy in '16, so i didn't bother to hold it. On this years, as you know you have to capture 5(??!!) and hold.

Sounds like the toughest trophy in the game atm.

On 3/23/2017 at 9:01 AM, Khain24 said:

Challenge of the week trophy wasn't all that hard, just took some patience and luck. 

No it wasn't, in fact i got it for a desperate friend later in the season. I felt invincible and got maybe 36 hits in a row the second time!

I wish they brought it back.

I think they definitely heard the backlash over 'Victorious,' and how few people achieved it.

On 3/26/2017 at 10:43 AM, TheGoaler said:

I'm pretty decent at pitching, so i can pitch on higher difficuties. Batting not great, but had a tough time capturing the Cubs stronghold. Only one was required for the trophy in '16, so i didn't bother to hold it. On this years, as you know you have to capture 5(??!!) and hold.

Sounds like the toughest trophy in the game atm.

If Conquest is anything like it was last year, it should be incredibly simple to get. Right now no one has achieved it because you can't play online.

DD divisions are typically Spring Training --> Regular Season ---> Wild Card --> Championship Series --> World Series. That shouldn't be too hard to obtain either.

On 3/26/2017 at 11:12 AM, TheGoaler said:

No it wasn't, in fact i got it for a desperate friend later in the season. I felt invincible and got maybe 36 hits in a row the second time!

I wish they brought it back.

I think they definitely heard the backlash over 'Victorious,' and how few people achieved it.

I feel like devs don't hear, understand or give the slightest fuck about trophy feedback of any kind across the board, few exceptions withstanding. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2017 at 8:37 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I feel like devs don't hear, understand or give the slightest fuck about trophy feedback of any kind across the board, few exceptions withstanding. 

I agree they don't care for the most part, but as you can see, there isn't one trophy that is as ridiculous or unrealistic as 'Victorious.'

I'm sure they took the backlash into account or else they would have it this year as well.