How enjoyable is this game?

Gr4de_04

I litterly got a code from a friend 30 minutes ago but im wondering how fun this game actully is. Ive done a bit of readin and aperenatly its a lot like overwatch or so it seems although i havent played that either.
Is it fun enough that youd actaully want to play it or is it one of those ''just doing it for the trophies'' games?

well I've been playing the beta on PC for quite some time now and it's pretty fun, specially now when they added more characters, modes and maps

I mean Overwatch comparison is obvious but the game is sufficiently different, it's like Quake to it's Unreal Tournament
plus it's free and you don't really have to spend any real money on it

Early beta stage. Play at your own risk. Trophies can be buggy. If you enjoy games like Overwatch, Battleborn, Paragon...Smite. Its similar. Youll have fun. B3st with friends.

• 1 month later...

I'm finding it fun. Gameplay reminds me a lot of PVZGW2 — large number of characters, random loot system, pretty close-range combat, lots of milling around in the objective and dying like animals. Certain characters will do an L2 scope-in or iron sights, but many have no zoom available.

The card system looks like it offers a lot of depth to players who put in a lot of time/money. You can alter the look of your head, body, weapon, etc. independently, rather than switching out a whole skin at once. When you have a lot of cards for one character, it looks like you can heavily alter it, RPG style. But I don't think much character customization is going to be present for casual players, because so few of the cards you get will be for your main.

They do give you a default hand of cards for your free characters, and some of those cards do seem pretty good. So free players aren't going out there ungeared against fully armed pay players. It seems more "pay for choice" rather than "pay to win."

• 2 years later...

This game has a few nice ideas but the basic core becomes so stupid that whoever created this must be morons.

If the idea was to play in 2 teams of 5, team play should be rewarded. No, only way to rack more points and XP is by kills and damage. So point capture and payload transport are always underscored. No wonder most people plays as Stryx or Viktor (or similar), and the team concept doesn't exist. You can try to make all the gameplay you wish as a support or frontline line, forget it it's always the same only damage and kill ratio will give you better scores and rewards.

Most players know this, the vast majority of human players will choose a damage character and play alone with 0 strategy and support of other players. They usually win without much effort as the ones who are really trying to play the game in a sensible way are just sitting ducks...

Next a team that makes all the effort to capture and take the payload almost to the end will get exactly the same score as the one that just bothers to save the last few meters of it. 1 for each side. Another stupidity, what's the point of bothering to capture and try to take the payload? Even more stupid if your team is winning by 3-1 and the other team captures the center but you stop the payload, even if you take it all the way back your team won't ever win, final score after this round will be 3-2.

The score and points difference between winning and losing is ridiculous. No point in making an effort, you can leave your player at start score, just move it slightly not to be kicked, won't be that different. Usually the difference is around 1000ish points (in 3000 to 5000) even if the losing team is massacred.

If you try to play siege in training, the 5 opponent bots go straight to the capture and fiercely attack and take the payload to the end. While half your bot team will just go back and forth in the start area, so it's almost impossible to win these games. The difference in competence between your team bots and the opposing party ones is always staggering.

Comparing the stupid simplicity of the main scoring points in siege, at least for now the main way to play the game, there's excessive complexity in character cards, enhanced abilities, options to choose in a snap while the game is starting. They just seem to have picked a bunch of good ideas and thrown everything into a game without any real thoughts. So what should be compelling and rewarding ultimately is not.

I could go on detailing the stupidity that rages on this game but it's worthless. What a waste of money and time from the developers. This is not a good FPS, not a good strategy game, not a good coop game. It's just a crappy game. Yes, the graphics are really good, the characters too, but they forgot to make a compelling reason to make the game standout. On top of this the game is buggy as hell, and all the developers seem to be interested is creating more content to sell, instead of trying to provide a really enjoyable and trouble free  game. The idea will backfire as very few will pay in the long term. It's not difficult to see why Fortnite is a success and Paladins isn't.

Only real plus is free to play, and can be a free but pain in the ass to get plat.

A pity, as this could have been a REALLY good game if they wanted.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well the devs obviously don’t care about balancing or I’d have been fixed by now therefore I’m giving this one a .5/5 for my rating.

I feel like this was a quick cash grab for the sake of hoping people actually bought crystals which I hope no one does and the devs disappear if this is how they want to handle future games.

• 2 weeks later...

Very enjoyable game if you are into fast action shooters.

I platinumed a long time ago and I'm still playing this regularly with friends.

On 5/6/2017 at 4:55 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

It's good for a free to play.

Make no mistake it's a straight up janky ass bootleg Overwatch... but if you want something free and a change of pace from that, it has value. Just know you will be going back to Overwatch in the end.

Please...
This was actually in development before OW, the difference is this game isn't backed by Moneyvision/Blizzard.