PlayStation statistics beeing off

OJ9999vr

I recived a mail from playstation, with various statistics from my account. This platinum was my rarest trophy, and from their statistics 13 has achived it as of march 13th, but here it says 17 achivers, last beeing january 30th.

I tought they had more accurate numbers, but it seems not :huh:

No that accurate.

Mine said that i've played a total of 491 hours online, but my most played game is CoD MW3 at 465 hours. And at least 300-350 hours of that is online play. Having played Battlefield 3, at least two other CoDs and Evolve over several hundred hours, that initial number is pretty damn low.

Maybe the statistics were taken just from your region. For example, mine said that I was the 13th achiever of the Rocksmith 2014 (PS4) plat, but this site says I am the 73rd. 

It also said I had 6 plats fewer than I actually had at the time the "snapshot" was apparently taken. 

Yeah, overall it wasn't a very accurate infographic. 

Read the small print at the bottom of the email, it says it only compares with other people who are signed up to receive their emails, I'm guessing less trophy hunters sign up to Sony's emails than to this site.

Didn't see that part, if so it makes more sense.

Edit: It says the trophy %, is based on the number of players qualified to recive the mail, this didn't help at all.

Edited by OJ9999vr

Maybe the statistics were taken just from your region. For example, mine said that I was the 13th achiever of the Rocksmith 2014 (PS4) plat, but this site says I am the 73rd. 

It also said I had 6 plats fewer than I actually had at the time the "snapshot" was apparently taken. 

Yeah, overall it wasn't a very accurate infographic. 

I realised this, this morning. They said my rarest trophy is the Claire (Vita) platinum which I share with 8 other people. There are 27 (including myself) on this site who have the plat, which must mean only 9 in Europe have it. *feeling special* lmao :D

My rarest trophy is in fact, the NFS The Run plat (from this site)

Edited by Beeinhollywood

I'm apparently in the top 1% of the world, my top trophy (from Mighty No 9 PS3) has only been achieved by 124 other people, I played 153 hours of Dying Light in 2016 (which is impressive, because I remember it was either the first or one of the first games I plat'd after the birth of my baby and I thought I'd have piss all time to game anymore, clearly I wasn't banking on her being such a good sleeper) and yeah.

Whole crock of shit though, because like Kiffer, my highest online played game is Modern Warfare 3, I remember when I moved on to Ghosts I racked up like a week and a half or so of game time in it. 

Apparently I only have 691 digital games on my account, I'm guessing that doesn't count PS+ games or it would be a lot higher.

It's way too off to be considered valid =D

I would say it's more for fun =D (Heck, they even couldn't format Japanese in the e-mail =D)

In case you want to share it, go for it here :D

Maybe the statistics were taken just from your region.

I would say this is pretty possible.

Since my rarest trophy is (probably) Platinum from Ro-Kyu-Bu and I'm the only European on PSNP who has it, it could be it.

Yeah, they are way off, according to the number of plats they claim I have (133), they must have pulled the stats between Jan 20th and 27th...

Nopey. I have 120 Plats on the email which was the status on Vita's birthday (22.02.2017). However, funny thing is that my 121st Plat popped very shortly after 120th one.

So, yea, it's quite random...

Unless it was actually timestamp from 22nd February 00:00 (as my 121st Plat popped on different hour than my 120th)