Late Shift (Live-Action-Game) coming next month

dalailama1989

Just stumbled across a trailer of an upcoming Live-Action-Game, which comes out April 18th. It was written by Michael R. Johnson, who also wrote the 2009 Sherlock Holmes movie.

Pre-Order is 9,99 € - I think that seems like a fair price for it. The Bunker - which is the most recent somewhat similar game I remember - was 17,99 I believe..

Haven't seen it in the NA-store yet, though..

Oh yeah, it will have a Platinum, as stated on the PS Blog. The game will have 180 decisions, so I guess there will be a few playthroughs needed to get to all seven endings.

Any thoughts on this?

Anyway here is a trailer:

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, TheGwynbleidd said:

Is it anything like a telltale game?

It's not animated and looking at the trophies, there is going to be a bunch of missible one's due to different choices, which then will require multiple playthroughs.

So, I think it's unlike TTG.

Maybe it is going to be about the same amount of time we will need to spend with this, though. Let's see when the game drops, how long a playthrough takes :)

Edit: the person who already got the Plat, obtained in less than 9 hours, so apparently it is quite short then.

Edited by dalailama1989

I've played and finished the Bunker. I haven't gotten around to 100%-ing it yet (forgot if it has a platinum). I enjoyed it and really appreciate studios trying to do something new. It's basically a point 'n click adventure, made with real video footage. The acting was good, the story was interesting, I had a really good time with it. It was very easy though, so it's more of an interactive movie than an actual game. Still, if you like the genre and appreciate experiments like those that David Cage makes, I can recommend it. I'll probably pick this one up too.

Looks like the trend started with the new generation of Telltale titles has come full circle, now we're actually literally getting an interactive movie :)

I actually might use the last €2 of my March refund on this. What to do, what to do...

It's weird that people are already playing this though, and on accounts not really associated with reviewers.

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Sure about that? I recognize at least one person and he's a reviewer for a news site. ;)

Well I haven't gone through all of them, it seemed to me like they weren't all reviewers thoguh. Ah well, perhaps they have a friend who is a reviewer and got their hands on the game that way.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Well I haven't gone through all of them, it seemed to me like they weren't all reviewers thoguh. Ah well, perhaps they have a friend who is a reviewer and got their hands on the game that way.

Just checked the PSNProfiles of all of them and to me it seems like they are all reviewers or at least some YouTubers. And some publishers or devs tend to give out review codes like it's free cake. Don't know why you find that weird though. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Just checked the PSNProfiles of all of them and to me it seems like they are all reviewers or at least some YouTubers. And some publishers or devs tend to give out review codes like it's free cake. Don't know why you find that weird though. :dunno:

Because I'm old and I'm still not accustomed to youtubers being taken seriously as reviewers? I'm probably still used to review accounts only having review games on their tag. I dunno, never mind though.

Because I'm old and I'm still not accustomed to youtubers being taken seriously as reviewers? I'm probably still used to review accounts only having review games on their tag. I dunno, never mind though.

To each their own I guess. Personally I couldn't care less whether a youtuber reviews a game or some "professional" from a acclaimed site, as long as they tell me why they like/dislike a game and how it compares to other games of a specific genre or what makes a game so special.

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

To each their own I guess. Personally I couldn't care less whether a youtuber reviews a game or some "professional" from a acclaimed site, as long as they tell me why they like/dislike a game and how it compares to other games of a specific genre or what makes a game so special.

Problem is for each person that does serious reviews on youtube, there's a couple dozen half-assed videos and people who mainly do "unboxing" stuff and such. Zero Punctuation is really the only video reviewer I really enjoy and keep on watching.

Problem is for each person that does serious reviews on youtube, there's a couple dozen half-assed videos and people who mainly do "unboxing" stuff and such. Zero Punctuation is really the only video reviewer I really enjoy and keep on watching.

Same applies to nowadays equivalent of magazines, the news sites. Besides all the rather well-known ones like IGN, Gamespot or Eurogamer there's hundreds of unknown sites with sometimes useful, sometimes just awful content. E.g. check out the list of publications that can push their reviews to Metacritic and you will be surprised on how many there are and that's only the tip of the iceberg:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/publication/name/

I guess you just have to accept that every Tom, Dick and Harry can publish their reviews nowadays, thanks to the power of the internet. Like you. ;)

3 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Same applies to nowadays equivalent of magazines, the news sites. Besides all the rather well-known ones like IGN, Gamespot or Eurogamer there's hundreds of unknown sites with sometimes useful, sometimes just awful content. E.g. check out the list of publications that can push their reviews to Metacritic and you will be surprised on how many there are and that's only the tip of the iceberg:

I guess you just have to accept that every Tom, Dick and Harry can publish their reviews nowadays, thanks to the power of the internet. Like you. ;)

I think Bo Burnham had a pretty good bit on this in his last show. Can't recall the exact quote but basically, things like youtube and twitter and such give everyone a platform, everyone can 'be heard' though many people really aren't worth listening to. (side note: Bo Burnham got popular through youtube)

Anyway, yeah... Late Shift, definitely going to get it at some point.

Edited by BillyHorrible

I've volunteered on a few different Dutch review websites over ten years ago. I don't know if it's changed much since then (doubt it), but like Crimson Idol said, some publishers hand out review copies like candy. Even when I was just working on comics and not touching reviews at all, I got plenty of review copies. They'd often send two or three discs of the same game, and extra copies would just be given away to other people working on the website.

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

heck out the list of publications that can push their reviews to Metacritic and you will be surprised on how many there are and that's only the tip of the iceberg:

To clarify this point as a Senior Editor for a MetaCritic approved site, we can't push our reviews to them. They automatically grab our reviews within hours of publishing without any work done on our end. To be on Meta, we have to be approved by them, and then it's pretty much hands off from there on out. I'm not certain of the full process, but I know that while every Tom, Dick, and Harry can indeed publish reviews anywhere online as they see fit, MetaCritic themselves have certain approval criteria such as site views, as well as issuing "weight" to certain outlets' scores (ie. big names have more weight towards the average and smaller outlets that meet their approval requirements have less impact).