Game thoughts?

Oobedoob S Benubi

Hey man.

I picked it up without knowing what I would get a couple of weeks ago. The visuals/score seemed really nice, besides, the trophy list had speedrun/no-death challenges, and I always love myself a nice no-death challenge. Actually getting those trophies, however, is not that easy! The game doesn't require tight platforming skills as much as it requires you to be able to manipulate the game's RNG. Dealing with enemies can be quite frustrating, and you will have to deal with them a lot. I don't have the time right now to go into too much detail but overall, I found myself going back and forth between getting really pissed off by the RNG crap and feeling quite rewarded when I did manage to obtain the trophies. Replaying stages and perseverance will get you there eventually. If you're prone to rage, however, I'd recommend staying away from this game.

Sorry, gotta run now

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this one up for €5 like two days ago, I actually wanted to get the game earlier but found it too expensive at the time. Now this is not a game you can just rush through! The thing is, 50% of playing this game comes down to enemy placement/movement/paths. Because of that everytime you replay a stage it will be different and that's what makes Feist a very challenging game to complete (that is, if you're going for the platinum of course). I love a challenging game though and Feist definitely delivers.

Edited by nickmesselaar
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Both this and Life Goes On have been played by me for a bunch of levels now. They're not really comparable but I like both, been distracted by different games though so I've finished neither.

Should get back to this soon but I've entered the Summer Backlog Challenge and I'm definitely not going to 100% Feist, I can tell you that xD

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2017 at 10:30 AM, nickmesselaar said:

I picked this one up for €5 like two days ago, I actually wanted to get the game earlier but found it too expensive at the time. Now this is not a game you can just rush through! The thing is, 50% of playing this game comes down to enemy placement/movement/paths. Because of that everytime you replay a stage it will be different and that's what makes Feist a very challenging game to complete (that is, if you're going for the platinum of course). I love a challenging game though and Feist definitely delivers.

Unfortunately, that sounds like the total bullshit that is Sound Shapes, but perhaps a level is not necessarily made impossible most of the time due to bad luck, just the difficulty varies. Sound Shapes was complete shiet in that you sometimes just couldn't beat the level no matter how perfect you played. I think that is horrendous game design.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a game that you need to play over and over until you become good at it...in terms of memorizing the right path and planning your jumps and moves the right way.

Then, when you have a level, or all levels, in your fingers...so to speak...then comes down to luck, if the enemy is going to jump straight forward or sideways...will worm fire his arrow bit higher or lower...you can`t influence that, or not in most cases so it is very hard to beat it. Since the requirements for the speed run / no death trophies are hard as it is already. Adding this un-predicting variable in the equation is even more sadistic then you can imagine!

Proud to beat it, and glad it is over!

• 1 month later...

I think it's a great lil game and I wish more people would play it!

I bought it a few months ago on PSN store for £4 not knowing what it was (I just like a bargain lol) and was very pleasantly surprised. ☺ 

I got the platinum in 4 days, so it's really not that bad. 

I went back and played again to make some videos to help people, so here is a my playlist of ALL levels done in the time requirements COMBINED in no death runs:

Feist - All Speedrun + No death trophies playlist.:

Hope that helps, don't miss out on this little gem guys! ? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hey all, just wanted to point out that you can quit to the XMB/close the app if you die. As long as you do it before you respawn(you get a good few seconds so you have plenty of time) the death won't count(just choose 'Continue' at the main menu to restart at the last checkpoint instead of having to redo the entire level). In the options there is an option to turn on 'stats on completion screen' (or words to that effect) which if turned on will show you have 0 deaths if you quit out quick enough when you die. Also displays the time you beat the level in so you know if you're under the required time or not. The time is saved at each checkpoint so if you get a slow checkpoint close the app to get a quicker run going. Also, if you reach the completion screen and are just over the required time, you can still close app before choosing 'Next Level' and when you select 'Continue' you'll be at the last checkpoint of the level to have another attempt if you have enough time to shave off the other attempt/s(the death counter will still be 0). Hope this helps some who were struggling with this game like I was. Just got the Plat, it's more doable that it appears :)

• Like 1