Question about the Endings

Just out of curiosity since I just got one of the endings (The Coffin Ending) in 999. In ZTD you were able to jump around to different paths. By any chance is there a way to do this on this game? Like for example there's two paths, one leading to an "end game" that doesn't seem finished and another path. Would there be any way to just click to get back to that point in time whenever I figure out what the passcode for the coffin in since on the flow chart it does have a yellow circle next to it with a lock on it meaning that the puzzle is still locked.. or do I need to playthrough the entire game, do the same scenarios, just to get to that one part again so I could put in the code.

For those who played ZTD you may understand what I'm getting at... I only played the very beginning of VLR so I'm not sure if it's the same.

and before anyone asks, yes i was a scrub and played ZTD first.

Oh... Coffin Ending, huh...? 

Why did I expect this would be the main problem of Nonary Games. =D

Easy answer. Don't mind this now.

I'm actually not sure if I should say it so it's up to you whether you see what's behind this.

Spoiler

Coffin Ending is actually True Ending Route without True Ending flags. And True Ending flags only open once you clear all actual endings. Sure, I call it flags, but it's actually one specific ending :awesome: 

It was actually one of the flaws of 999. Coffin Ending, despite not being actual ending still had a menu icon and majority of players actually considered it finished there. But that's not...

the end.

At all.

And in fact... you already know the password. Everyone does :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:  

As the password...

is visible everytime.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh... Coffin Ending, huh...? 

Why did I expect this would be the main problem of Nonary Games. =D

Easy answer. Don't mind this now.

I'm actually not sure if I should say it so it's up to you whether you see what's behind this.

Reveal hidden contents

Coffin Ending is actually True Ending Route without True Ending flags. And True Ending flags only open once you clear every actual ending. It was actually one of the flaws of 999. Coffin Ending, despite not being actual ending still had a menu icon and majority of players actually considered it finished there. But that's not...

the end.

At all.

And in fact... you already know the password. Everyone does :awesome: :awesome::awesome: 

It did say To be Continued at the end which is why I checked the flow chart and confirmed my feeling of it being unfinished with the lock right next to it. It didn't even give me the chance to put in a code either :P That's why my other question was do I need to play the entire thing to get back to that one part or would it give me the same ending... or I assume I would have to get all of the other endings to continue on to that one?

Just now, DuckSwimmer said:

It did say To be Continued at the end which is why I checked the flow chart and confirmed my feeling of it being unfinished with the lock right next to it. It didn't even give me the chance to put in a code either :P That's why my other question was do I need to play the entire thing to get back to that one part or would it give me the same ending... or I assume I would have to get all of the other endings to continue on to that one?

I edited things a bit more in case you missed it.

Anyway, since Nonary Games introduced flowchart to 999 and there is a lock, you can presume that the lock will be unlocked upon reaching the condition.

However, the problem is that there are more conditions for unlocking it.

What I can say is... 

Spoiler

Get Safe Ending and see

33 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I edited things a bit more in case you missed it.

Anyway, since Nonary Games introduced flowchart to 999 and there is a lock, you can presume that the lock will be unlocked upon reaching the condition.

However, the problem is that there are more conditions for unlocking it.

What I can say is... 

Reveal hidden contents

Get Safe Ending and see

Appreciate the helpful information.

Thank you both! @kuuhaku @Satoshi Ookami

Helpful information to those who come across this. You actually can skip around.. I was trying to use the touchscreen on the flowchart.. lol. You can select what part in the game you wish to skip to and go from there. This just saved me so much time...

Edited by DuckSwimmer

• 2 years later...

Ok so I have just finished getting all of the endings in the 999 game, but now I have some questions (that I will place in the spoilers):

Spoiler

1) In the "Yellow Submarine" ending, who was it that killed Junpei? If I recall, I noticed that Akane/June had fainted, and everyone got murdered,presumably with an axe. Also, Snake should have been locked in the coffin in the room with the two 9 doors.

2) In the "Zero Lost" ending, who was it that gassed the room with the two 9 doors, and knocked out Junpei?

3) After getting the true ending, I noticed a woman with Eqyptian-style clothing walking in the desert trying to hitch a ride. Seeing as I have played Virtue's Last Reward a long time ago (and will do so again in order to get the platinum for the Nonary Games collection that I am currently playing), I can deduce the identity of the woman being Alice. How exactly did she get there in the middle of the desert, and why can't I find out until I play Virtue's Last Reward?

4) I know in VLR the true identity of Zero, but why can't I find out Zero's identity when I play the 999 game itself? Did the developers (or whoever) make it so that I can only find out the answers after I have reached the true ending of VLR?

5) If the answer to the third question in #4 is true, then does this mean that I will get to understand everything if I were to replay Zero Time Dilema?