Project Platinum: Metroidvania

Kevvik

Headlander has been added to the main games list.  I will likely add to the 100% games later this week.  Platinum ranks will have 2 weeks to complete in order to maintain their rank.  Gold ranks will be unaffected at this time but requirements will change if any new platinums are added past this.

Additionally, the PP now recognizes Salt and Sanctuary's Vita edition in addition to the PS4 version. Either will allow counting of Salt and Sanctuary towards ranking but only as one title.

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, starcrunch061 said:

No new games, but I would like the special award for platting Rogue Legacy (currently, I'm a Metroidvania Warrior, I think).

Your special award has been recognized.  Still a few more that you could do in addition to upping that rank.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

After review of the games put forward and feedback received, 4 games have been added to the 100% listing for the super plat rank. 

I am also mulling special awards towards 100% game completions now that we are up to 9 titles, in a bronze, silver, gold style. MTF if I come up with something.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, Hertz said:

Add me up as an Apprentice. I only have Shantae and the Pirates Curse plat. 

Also the special award for Odin Spher platinum as well. :D 

Welcome to Metroidvania, Apprentice!  I've got a room in the castle for you here someplace...

You didn't specify which of the badges you wanted for Odin Sphere so I just gave you the first.  Please let me know if you would like a different one.

2 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Welcome to Metroidvania, Apprentice!  I've got a room in the castle for you here someplace...

You didn't specify which of the badges you wanted for Odin Sphere so I just gave you the first.  Please let me know if you would like a different one.

Oops sorry about that. I'll take the Velvet badge then :) 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, kaspariusthree said:

Is Axiom Verge the hardest game to plat here? I started it without looking at the requirement, I just finished the game and it's going to be insanely difficult to get all achievements.

Axiom Verge might be the hardest out of the bunch, together with Salt & Sanctuary, but if you know your stuff in Metroidvania games (which I suppose you do, judging from your avatar), then it's still easily manageable.

1 minute ago, ShadowStefan said:

Axiom Verge might be the hardest out of the bunch, together with Salt & Sanctuary, but if you know your stuff in Metroidvania games (which I suppose you do, judging from your avatar), then it's still easily manageable.

It's not really a question of ability, I'm fairly sure I can get the plat, I just feel like the requirement for that one are just extremely time consuming compared to the others. I think I'll probably do easier ones first, before going back to it. Although, I must say finishing the game without dying is a little scary to me.

10 minutes ago, kaspariusthree said:

It's not really a question of ability, I'm fairly sure I can get the plat, I just feel like the requirement for that one are just extremely time consuming compared to the others. I think I'll probably do easier ones first, before going back to it. Although, I must say finishing the game without dying is a little scary to me.

Did you take a look at the trophy guide? There are two here on PSNP, one from me, one from griffin123456789. They're both pretty similar and give you an idea how to tackle things like the no-death run. Platinum takes 15-20 hours. For no-death, you basically gotta play careful and quit quickly if you do die. It works pretty well. :) 

Just now, ShadowStefan said:

Did you take a look at the trophy guide? There are two here on PSNP, one from me, one from griffin123456789. They're both pretty similar and give you an idea how to tackle things like the no-death run. Platinum takes 15-20 hours. For no-death, you basically gotta play careful and quit quickly if you do die. It works pretty well. :) 

Ahah! Thanks, will do.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, James_Tonto said:

I'm a Metroidvania Connoisseur as I've earned 6 of the platinums required. ^_^

Duly noted and recognized!  Welcome, Connoisseur!

10 hours ago, Denvirus said:

I have the platinum for Apotheon, so sign me up as a Metroidvania Apprentice!

I would gladly sign you up were you not already acknowledged an Apprentice!  You must have already notified us following your excursion.

22 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

I feel like Arkham Origins Blackgate(mildly tough plat) and Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD belong would go nicely here

Arkham Origins Blackgate is already part of the Batman Arkham PP.  The Castlevania games were considered by the founder of this PP and deliberately left out as they were part of a series which had moved away from the Metroidvania style (see the Lords of Shadow games).  Rather than exclude some games from a series and include others, it was decided to leave the Castlevania games out completely. 

Edited by Kevvik

13 hours ago, Kevvik said:

I would gladly sign you up were you not already acknowledged an Apprentice!  You must have already notified us following your excursion.

My apologies, sir! Thought I looked and didn't see my name on there for some reason. Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Could La-mulana EX be counted on this list? Has a fairly openly to explore world, and bosses do not need to be completed in proper order. Some content is locked behind certain upgrades...

I feel it meets all requirements for a metroidvania. If it does count, and if added to your list, I would have 3 plays and 1 100%

La-Mulana EX

Shantae: Risky Boots Revenge

Shantae and the Pirates Curse

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:32 PM, Dreggit said:

Could La-mulana EX be counted on this list? Has a fairly openly to explore world, and bosses do not need to be completed in proper order. Some content is locked behind certain upgrades...

I feel it meets all requirements for a metroidvania. If it does count, and if added to your list, I would have 3 plays and 1 100%

La-Mulana EX

Shantae: Risky Boots Revenge

Shantae and the Pirates Curse

Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero

While I understand the rationale for La-Mulana EX, it is already a part of the Challenge Accepted (Vita) PP.  Your plat would qualify you for the Bronze in that PP, though.

I have signed you up as a Metroidvania Apprentice with 2 plats and am sure you will find another pathway to ascend to the next rank.

• 1 month later...

I've got six so far, hopefully more in the future.

Apotheon
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Guacamelee
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Strider (PS4)
Teslagrad

Edit: Whoops, forgot I posted before. >.< Well this at least lists the games I platted. Can't believe I forgot to do that =/

Edited by James_Tonto