Project Platinum: Metroidvania

Kevvik

On 8/2/2017 at 10:02 PM, James_Tonto said:

I've got six so far, hopefully more in the future.

Apotheon
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Guacamelee
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Strider (PS4)
Teslagrad

Edit: Whoops, forgot I posted before. >.< Well this at least lists the games I platted. Can't believe I forgot to do that =/

No worries.  Hope to see you finishing off more titles soon.

On 8/2/2017 at 10:10 PM, auscomando said:

Metroidvania Warrior:

Guacamelee

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition

Teslagraad

P.S. isn't Sundered a Metroidania?

Welcome aboard Warrior!  

I haven't really looked at Sundered yet.  I've heard some good stuff about it though. We'll see how it plays out.

18 hours ago, Kurorac said:

I platted Apotheon, so that makes 3 games. I think that promotes me to Metroidvania Warrior.

I also have the plat for Odin Sphere.

You have been promoted to Warrior!  Please let me know which of the special insignia you would like placed next to your name in the list for Odin Sphere.

I'll get the leaderboards updated soon.  Recovering from Honey-Do-List today.

Edited by Kevvik

On 16.8.2017 at 5:03 AM, Kevvik said:

You have been promoted to Warrior!  Please let me know which of the special insignia you would like placed next to your name in the list for Odin Sphere.

I'd like Velvet  next to my name. Thanks :D

Edited by Kurorac

I have platinums in Axiom Verge (one for NA and one for EU), Dust, Guacamelee (PS3), Headlander, Salt & Sanctuary, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Strider, and Teslagrad... plan on going for more of these. I guess that puts me in Metroidvania Connoisseur for now. 

I also have one in Rogue Legacy and Odin Sphere. 

Edited by outcelgeist

On 8/16/2017 at 0:44 AM, ShakeNBake663 said:

I only have the Odin Sphere plat, can I still sign up for the special emblem or nah? :)

Special awards get given out once a rank is achieved.  Do you still want to be signed up as a Watcher?

On 8/16/2017 at 1:51 AM, golddragonkiller said:

I have

guacamelee

guacamelee super turbo championship

and teslagrad

7 hours ago, Surge3Beast said:

I'd like to be added as a Metroidvania Warrior, please. I have the plats for Dust: An Elysian Tail, Guacamelee!, and Strider. 

Welcome, new Warriors!  I hope to join you soon once I finish Dust.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:50 AM, Kurorac said:

I'd like Velvet  next to my name. Thanks :D

Velvet is now next to you.  Take it how you will....

On 8/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, auscomando said:

Is Forma.8 classified as a Metroidvania?

It is not currently on the list.  Haven't really looked at it myself.  What are your thoughts?

On 8/16/2017 at 2:11 AM, MMDE said:

I can't remember what I'm registered with but these are the games I got now:

• Hell Yeah!
  • Knytt Underground
  • Outland
  • Guacamelee
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  • Apotheon
  • Teslagrad

You are still registered as a Warrior.  4 plats and 3x100%.    I hope to work on some special awards to go with the 100% games but just don't have the time right now.  Soon, I hope.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:05 AM, outcelgeist said:

I have platinums in Axiom Verge (one for NA and one for EU), Dust, Guacamelee (PS3), Headlander, Salt & Sanctuary, Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, Strider, and Teslagrad... plan on going for more of these. I guess that puts me in Metroidvania Connoisseur for now. 

Always glad to have a new Connoisseur come on board.  Let me know which images you would like from Rogue Legacy and Odin Sphere to place next to your name.

8 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

Add me to this please. I only have the plat in Guacamelee!, so I'm a Metroidvania Apprentice. For the record, I also have the 100% in Outland.

Welcome aboard, Apprentice.  As I said above, I hope to work on a scale of special awards for the 100% titles.  We'll see how soon I can get to them.

To all, the main post board has been updated.  I hope to get to the leaderboards this weekend and get them properly updated with all the new members.  Keep fighting forward and don't get lost trying to find that new doorway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Sure, might as well. I have like three Metroidvania games in my backlog, so maybe being signed up will get me motivated~

No problem. You have been granted Watcher status, may you be promoted soon.

On 8/19/2017 at 4:05 AM, outcelgeist said:

My brain-slip.  I've posted the Rogue Legacy award but need to know your choice for Odin Sphere.

14 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Thank you. I'm honestly super new to the genre, so out of the three I have (Strider, Apotheon, Guacamelee) which would you recommend I start with? :)

The only one of those I have played is Apotheon and I enjoyed that a lot. I have heard nothing but good stuff about Guacamelee and Drinkbox's game Severed was fantastic. Strider I have in my backlog but haven't gotten around to it either. It is supposed to be pretty difficult, especially a few of the trophies so I would probably start with one of the other two.

Edited by Kevvik
  • Like 1

You can go ahead and sign me up as well. I've only done Teslagrad & Hell yeah!. I thought Teslagrad was a pretty annoying platinum, took me a while to get even though it's supposed to be pretty easy.

From the list of games i've already started Dust: An Elysian Tail - which is great but the game glitched on me unfortunately. Will probably finish it up later though. I have been waiting for a while for the Shantae games to go on sale, i have them on PC and they're absolutely amazing. 

Sign me up for Metroidvania Watcher, I'm planning to play Rogue Legacy, Muramasa Rebirth, Apotheon, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Salt & Sanctuary, and both Shantae games at some point. I've platted Odin Sphere, so now I can have that nice bonus emblem. Now to choose one... I liked Gwyndolyn's story a lot, Oswald was hands down the coolest character, Mercedes brings back the feels, and Velvet was very OP. Didn't care much about Cornelius. I'll go with the Velvet emblem. The Armegeddon book was a great conclusion to the stories, but I did find it confusing how each character's story was separate and it's up to the player to connect them chronologically. Definitely a fun game though.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Can I sign up? I always wanted to try a project platinum, but I one I wanted to join ended up closing.

Games:

Teslagrad

I’m not sure how I feel about this theme since I loved loved Dust and disliked Teslagrad. I have Apotheon, Guacamelee! Super, and Strider in my backlog, so I’ll aim for the warrior rank soon.

What’s the difference between guacamelee and guacamelee super?

6 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Can I sign up? I always wanted to try a project platinum, but I one I wanted to join ended up closing.

Games:

Teslagrad

I’m not sure how I feel about this theme since I loved loved Dust and disliked Teslagrad. I have Apotheon, Guacamelee! Super, and Strider in my backlog, so I’ll aim for the warrior rank soon.

What’s the difference between guacamelee and guacamelee super?

Guacamelee super adds additional levels and bosses in addition to previous DLC. I already have it downloaded, I'm just waiting for a friend to have time so we can play it in coop.

Apotheon is also a really great game, I recently played it and it was short, but really cool.

Edited by Kurorac
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2017 at 10:21 PM, xZoneHunter said:

You can go ahead and sign me up as well. I've only done Teslagrad & Hell yeah!. I thought Teslagrad was a pretty annoying platinum, took me a while to get even though it's supposed to be pretty easy.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:11 PM, Kittet3 said:

Games:

Teslagrad

Welcome aboard, Apprentices!

On 8/23/2017 at 10:48 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Sign me up for Metroidvania Watcher, I'm planning to play Rogue Legacy, Muramasa Rebirth, Apotheon, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Salt & Sanctuary, and both Shantae games at some point. I've platted Odin Sphere, so now I can have that nice bonus emblem. Now to choose one... I liked Gwyndolyn's story a lot, Oswald was hands down the coolest character, Mercedes brings back the feels, and Velvet was very OP. Didn't care much about Cornelius. I'll go with the Velvet emblem. The Armegeddon book was a great conclusion to the stories, but I did find it confusing how each character's story was separate and it's up to the player to connect them chronologically. Definitely a fun game though.

I've got you down as a Watcher but I'm not giving out the special awards until the Bronze rank (Apprentice) is achieved.  Don't worry, Velvet will be waiting for you. 

On 8/24/2017 at 8:15 AM, starcrunch061 said:

So, I think I've ascended to the rank of Metroid Connoisseur. I have the following plats:

Apotheon

Axiom Verge

Guacamelee

Guacamelee:STCE

Salt and Sanctuary

Teslagrad

Promoted to Connoisseur.  Now it's time to work towards the last step.

As well, I have updated the leaderboard for this PP.

• Like 1

On 2017-08-23 at 8:21 PM, xZoneHunter said:

I thought Teslagrad was a pretty annoying platinum, took me a while to get even though it's supposed to be pretty easy.

haha, it annoyed me too. But my most annoyance was with the way a guide here said to get one of them. I found a much easier, and probably the actually correct way, on YouTube.