Trophy thoughts?

Given how hard I found Parappa the Rapper 2 [PS2] on PS4, I'm putting this off for awhile. I barely beat the game once lol.

I just can't get the hang of how the game actually works. Back in the day couldn't even get passed the first song in Um Jammer Lammy xD

7 minutes ago, CuteBoringLove said:

The timing feels really off. I hit the buttons properly and my score goes down. I mess up on purpose and it goes up. What gives?

I found that I have to hit the notes slightly after the beat.

47 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Given how hard I found Parappa the Rapper 2 [PS2] on PS4, I'm putting this off for awhile. I barely beat the game once lol.

I just can't get the hang of how the game actually works. Back in the day couldn't even get passed the first song in Um Jammer Lammy xD

I still can't get past the first song in Um Jammer Lammy. ? Although I found this easier.

You can do this easily with two different methods depending on which one you're most comfortable with.

1.) Hit the button just before it hits the note prompt.

2.) Look at the note prompts the first time when it's not your turn and then when it's your turn, hit the respective buttons in tune with the beat of the song ignoring the timer fuse. (This method is the hardest but it worked for me almost 80% of the time.)

Or try both and experiment on which works best for you. The remaster's mechanic is exactly identical as the original, so it's still gonna be hard as hell compared to today's modern musical rhythm games.

Hey,

Just wanted to inform you, that one Trophy (Remix Edition) seems to be bugged. I talked to other reviewers who got and didn't got it and we all did other things to unlock or at least try to unlock it. For me I played every stage while holding the D-Pad up and also played one Add-On Stage (1-D) while holding the D-Pad up and it randomly popped for me. Other people did more than that, seen different things and still don't have it.

So just so you know, when buying the game: It could be that you will have to wait a bit until someone finds a complete list of requirements or you have luck and it popped for you.

50 minutes ago, C1tr0nat said:

Hey,

Just wanted to inform you, that one Trophy (Remix Edition) seems to be bugged. I talked to other reviewers who got and didn't got it and we all did other things to unlock or at least try to unlock it. For me I played every stage while holding the D-Pad up and also played one Add-On Stage (1-D) while holding the D-Pad up and it randomly popped for me. Other people did more than that, seen different things and still don't have it.

So just so you know, when buying the game: It could be that you will have to wait a bit until someone finds a complete list of requirements or you have luck and it popped for you.

Just to let you know, sometimes animations don't appear because it's dependent on your rank and/or score. There is no definite table to it, but if you are doing well you should be getting them.

PS: Also I think putting on the vibration whenever the NPC hits a notes helped me. I felt a vibration at a different time than when it was at. So it told me where I should realistically be hitting the note. That helped me out much more than the visuals. The vibration is more accurate than the notes.

Edited by DawningWolf55

• 9 months later...
On 3/26/2017 at 4:41 AM, hipo5 said:

Unless they have changed rating system since PS One and PSP versions, getting cool rating on every level will be painful, challenging, and really demanding. Beating the game itself can be considered as an achievement. This will be an ultra rare platinum.

Yeah, no, that didn't happen.

• 2 years later...

I should have listened to everyone, I didn't expect getting cool was going to be this difficult. I just can't seem to get ahold of these mechanics. The plat percentage on here and psn makes me feel like a chump ? probably will keep this one on the back burner and slowly grind out each song.

Update: I just got the plat in about 3 or 4 hours I'm not 100% how I got it? I mainly just kept to my own rhythm and spammed buttons in certain places until the game kind of just gave it to me. Either way hilarious story and great songs, but game is very much broken.

Edited by remainpositive
Update