Do everthing in legend mode ?

KingTom95

Hey guys,

first of all im not a native speaker and i only got the plat for yakuza 4 so i didnt know the game series very well. I grab yakuza 0 and really enjoy it and i thought about to do some fun stuff in my first playthrough but mainly finish the main story and dont do sub stories and so on.

So i wanna do the 100% and sub stories on legend difficulty cause you always get stuff and items from them which could be really helpfull for legend mode i think?

But im really scared that some subs maybe really hard on legend, especially the last fight after finishing all 100 subs.

So my questions are:

Is this a good way to get this done ? What do you guys suggest ?

Can i turn down the difficulty on legend mode ?

Are minigames still the same based on the difficulty in legend mode ?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't recommend it. The final substory in particular is hell on earth to complete on Legendary.

You should be able to turn down the difficulty on Legend mode but doing so before completing the story will lock you out of the trophy.

Minigames are the same with the exception of arena battles since those are just straight up regular combat. Grinding those out on Legend will probably really suck.

The extra items you get for substories aren't really worth the effort of doing on Legend considering how the entire mode can be cheesed by stockpiling shotguns and healing items.

Thank you for your answer.

I thought about to save the game before the final sub, complete the story and load back the save to turn the difficulty down.

But after you said that the rewards arent that good in comparison, the arena battles are harder and the fact that i could cheese trough legend mode makes me come to the conclusion to get everthing done on my first playthrough.

Thanks four your Help :-)

• 3 years later...

Interested in this question. I finished my normal run years ago, and can finish the substories and completion etc in normal or now I’ve started my legendary playthrough. Tempted to do it on legendary because I need to get a load of cp for the golden gun anyway, but if certain things are much harder I can just stop getting CP once I have it and go back to do everything on my Normal save. What do people think?

As I understand it you can’t drop the difficulty in legendary mode right? So no doing the story then dropping it for everything else.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

After working my way from Yakuza 0 up to Yakuza 5 (which i'm about to finish) - my recommendation is to complete everything you possibly can in Normal mode, leaving the Legendary trophy till last. This way when you start your NG+ on Legendary difficulty, you'll be bringing with you a tonne of useful reward items.

10 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

After working my way from Yakuza 0 up to Yakuza 5 (which i'm about to finish) - my recommendation is to complete everything you possibly can in Normal mode, leaving the Legendary trophy till last. This way when you start your NG+ on Legendary difficulty, you'll be bringing with you a tonne of useful reward items.

Generally true, but you can’t bring anything into the legendary playthrough in Zero from lower difficulty playthroughs. It’s the exception in this case I believe. The other games let you.

I wouldnt recommend it either, since you already have the substories for kiwami you can kinda expect what happens when you finish the substories in zero. 

And you really dont wanna get stuck in that Fight cause as stated above you cant change they diffculty when youre on legend. 

Also coliseum fights would be much harder and every normal enemy encounter would just take more time because of bigger health pools.

Just smash Shakedown around 10-15 times with each character to get some upgrades and make sure to grab some weapons for the fight after the car chase and you shouldnt have problems.

Edit: And yes Y0 is the only game of the series without having NG+.

Edited by KingTom95

During my platinum run, I actually started doing everything in Legend Mode after my 1st playthrough.  Yes, there are probably 2 or 3 substories that will give you a bit of hard time but everything is relatively not that bad.  The main reason for me is the CP upgrades.  Once you get all the upgrades (especially Golden Gun and War God's Talisman), it will be much easier in the final chapter.  For the coliseum fights, shakedowns, and even Amon, I didn't have much trouble since I look at Youtube videos on how to defeat them on Legend Mode.

6 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I wouldnt recommend it either, since you already have the substories for kiwami you can kinda expect what happens when you finish the substories in zero. 

And you really dont wanna get stuck in that Fight cause as stated above you cant change they diffculty when youre on legend. 

Also coliseum fights would be much harder and every normal enemy encounter would just take more time because of bigger health pools.

Just smash Shakedown around 10-15 times with each character to get some upgrades and make sure to grab some weapons for the fight after the car chase and you shouldnt have problems.

Edit: And yes Y0 is the only game of the series without having NG+.

Great, thanks for the advice

17 minutes ago, acidkai_ak said:

During my platinum run, I actually started doing everything in Legend Mode after my 1st playthrough.  Yes, there are probably 2 or 3 substories that will give you a bit of hard time but everything is relatively not that bad.  The main reason for me is the CP upgrades.  Once you get all the upgrades (especially Golden Gun and War God's Talisman), it will be much easier in the final chapter.  For the coliseum fights, shakedowns, and even Amon, I didn't have much trouble since I look at Youtube videos on how to defeat them on Legend Mode.

Great, thanks for the advice.

So now I’m totally stuck. My main issue is I don’t want to do the entire completion list, then find out I need to do loads of it again just to get the golden gun to make legendary easier...

but I think I’ll just risk that. With the shakedown trick I don’t need the get the cp business rewards and I can put up with not running for long.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

13 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Generally true, but you can’t bring anything into the legendary playthrough in Zero from lower difficulty playthroughs. It’s the exception in this case I believe. The other games let you.

You are 100% right - I completely forgot about this, been a couple of years since I went through Zero. I think I still ended up doing everything in a normal playthrough though and then just did a more strategic Legendary run afterwards, repeating a handful of easier to complete side stories and extracting cash from Mr Shakedown similarly to what was mentioned further up.

I did a 100% playthrough on legend, after beating the game once on easy. Honestly, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. If you want to do this, fill your inventory with Sacrifice Stones, they will not only save you from dying, but they will also restore your health fully. I would recommend doing the Shakedown money grind in order to buy all upgrades (you would have to finish the Cabaret Club and Real Estate very early). You can breeze through most of the game with the Slime/Zap guns, upgraded Beast mode, and Slugger combined with Breaker. The only parts that were problematic for me were the car chase (took about 5-7 tries), the Media King fight, and the Amon fights. And, of course, make sure you save after every bigger fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Im now forced into doing the 100% and substories on Legend

Ive come back to clean up this for Plat after an 100+ hour normal playthrough a few years ago

My PS Plus cloud only had my System data not the save game so i cant now do the cleanup on premium adventure as it states i have no save game

Thankfully though due to the system data, it is going to allow me to do a new game starting on Legend diff. It is even allowing me to do all of the climax battles at this point

Not ideal as id completed so much of the grind stuff on my old save game