How many here enjoyed FFXV?

Alantor32

I enjoyed it enough. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't completely terrible. There were numerous bugs that prevented me from going further and the story was lackluster. Gameplay was overly simplistic and there was no strategy involved in any battles. The quests were ok though.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 1

I wasn't on the hype train but I really enjoyed it. There were some things that could have been improved like some of the boss battles (especially the final one which could have been more epic) but it really made up for XIII and Type-0.

I personally highly enjoyed XV. It was a next step for final fantasy as a whole. I just hope they continue making final fantasy game similar to how they made this one. Although I would like a better ending and better side quests. I found the combat fun, nothing insanely groundbreaking but it was still highly enjoyable. I will be playing the DLC's and can't wait for them all to release.

For me it was a horrible game, i'm not gonna lie, i didn't play every final fantasy, for various reasons, my first final fantasy was IX (which i loved), then i played tactics, VI, VII, VIII, X, XII, XIII, XIII-2 and XV, i may be forgetting something...

My favorites are VII, IX, XIII and XII (all the extra stuff on that game was magic). XIII and XIII-2 get a lot of hate from people that didn't play enough to see the paradigm system develop, but i know that the linearity is annoying, coming from the previous titles, but it gets a lot better.

XV is uninspired, the combat system is too simple and boring, the quests are all the same stuff, the only thing in that game that requires attention is fishing...

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

I enjoyed it enough. It wasn't a great game, but it wasn't completely terrible. There were numerous bugs that prevented me from going further and the story was lackluster. Gameplay was overly simplistic and there was no strategy involved in any battles. The quests were ok though.

I think this pretty much sums up my feeling. The story wasn't fleshed out very well at all and the game was way too easy and simplistic. The strategy was more of how to manage your items and experience then battling itself. You could literally beat the game by getting to level 60 in chapter 3 and hold circle and spam elixirs for the rest of the game. No strategy whatsoever. It wasn't a"bad game" as the music, world design, exploration, and dungeons were all really cool, but it could've been so much more.

I missed the time where you could create your own strategy with 4 characters out of a cast of 9 and you could beat the game a completely different way than someone else. I also miss the boss battles that would throw curve balls at you and having to adjust on the fly (or die and adjust until you beat it). That is the beauty of FF to me.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MMX20 said:

How many here have enjoyed FFXV? If so, was it worth the wait or do u have any mixed feelings about the game?

Never played a FF game before XV. I only played till chapter 3 and was doing a lot of sidequests, up till Horizon came out...I was having fun, yeah, just wish Prompto wouldn't bitch so much. I've put it on hiatus for now while I work on cleaning up some games. So coming from someone who's only played a PSP game for FF before this, it's a pretty awesome game, and it fills in where Horizon lacked

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD

Considering the history behind it, we should all be glad it turned out good at least! xD

It's far from being a masterpiece but I enjoyed my time with it and I think it fulfilled its purpose to an extent. Now let's see how polished the experience gets to be when all the DLC and expansions happen ^_^ 

Enjoyed my time with it, but definitely walked away from the game feeling really disappointed with the story/characters. Combat was really cool to begin with, but felt really shallow towards the end of my experience with the game. It's definitely a game of two halves - first bit is brilliant, but it really shits the bed in the later bits of the game, and it even made me feel like the first bit of the game sucked ass too because there's just too many things that feel unfinished/unpolished. I'll go back to it once all the DLC is out, but the first thing I did when I got the plat was uninstall it. It'll probably be a more complete/cohesive experience a year from now.

I felt lukewarm about the game. I have played and beaten every Final Fantasy game there is (including MMO's) and I just didn't get into this one as much as I would have liked. There were a ton of aspects I loved...I loved the music and the scenery the most. I spent a lot of time just driving around and reliving the nostalgia from the music of previous games. I wish they had the full soundtracks from the other games, but there was enough to keep me happy. The battle system had its fun moments, but as another poster said, it got kind of mindless and easy the more powerful you become. I didn't mind the story so much. It was ok, but I don't think it was their best effort with story telling. I would recommend watching the Kingslaive movie that they released. It was actually pretty good and added a ton of context to the game. I don't love that you have to do so much outside of the game to understand the story more, but at least the content is pretty good.

I really didn't like the side quests in this game much at all. They resembled online fetch quests more than adding anything of value to the story and just became incredibly tedious. Sadly the side quests make up a ton of the content in the game, so there will be a lot of boring downtime running from Hunt to Hunt or searching for frogs or dog tags. It's worth playing, but I would say to temper your expectations for it. I hope the DLC is good and provides some more depth to the story, but I'm not looking forward to it as much as I hoped I would.

• 2 months later...
On 28.3.2017 at 8:08 PM, g-bake_1986 said:

In my opinion a good RPG but not a great FF. Didn't really connect with the characters or the Western feel of the game, doesn't come close to the PSX iterations. 

Agree i liked the Gameplay but Story was shit.

So many Characters had no development like Regis,Luna,Cor,Ravus ect so many missed opportunities

Cutscene direction was very weird like Type 0 felt like a Handheld Rpg lol

• Like 1

I highly enjoyed playing FF XV and it made the 40+ hours feel like maybe 12. I enjoyed the story and the combat even though the combat definitely left something to be desired. It was a fresh take at the final fantasy series and whether you thought it needed it or not I personally felt it was needed. With any game people will love it and others will hate it, but with this one I am truly amazed that it catches any hatred at all. I wish I enjoyed the DLC more but I just can't seem to really get into it. I actually might go back and play this one again from start to finish just for fun.

• Like 1

It's fine enough as a time waster. The game is gorgeous and there's plenty to do in its open world. None of it is very good, however. 

As many people mentioned, the story is just terrible. Let's not fool ourselves: most FF games don't tell an amazing story, but they at least feature interesting characters. It's usually complexity for complexity's sake masking an otherwise banal story about angst and self sacrifice. That said, FF XV's story doesn't even have that. What is there is a shallow, fragmented mess. Characters change allegiances on a whim, or just show up and disappear forever, despite their importance to the story. It's just a bunch of setpiece moments VERY loosely tied together, if at all. Even having watched the film, you'll lack any sort of context. The four main characters are total stereotypes, but at least their social dynamic is sort of interesting. 

The combat might be even worse. People complained about FF XIII's combat being a button masher (and they were wrong), but in FF XV you can just hold down the attack button and maybe parry every once in a while to win literally every fight. There's hardly any strategy to it, other than maybe using the right element of spell - if you can be bothered crafting them, that is. Previous FFs turned boss battles into their own little puzzles. FF XIV just makes them a battle of endurance. If you have enough HP potions with you, you can't lose. 

I had fun with the game for sure, and played quite a bit of it (would've gotten the platinum if I could be bothered maxing fishing). But rarely has a game left such a bad aftertaste. 

• Like 2

I loved it for what it was. If they spent a lot less time in making such a huge open world for us to run around in, and focused on character development and story, it would have been Persona 5 good.

Waiting for all the DLC to release before I jump into all of that. Pretty pumped for Episodes Prompto and Ignis though.

Istarted out reallyliking it, but was progressively less and less into it as each chapter progressed.

by the time i was on chapter 8 (?) or so (the train ride section I remember being an acccelerating slide into doldrums) i gave up on following the story and just muted the tv and watched netflix while i finished. Still don't really know how it ended despite having the platinum!

It started so strong, but finished, not with a bang, but with a weak, pungent, soupy fart.

very sad.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3