How many here enjoyed FFXV?

Alantor32

I really liked it. I have never played any Final Fantasy games before. Last december i started XIV and I am hooked since. So then I decided to give XV a go. It was a good decision, I like the type of storytelling in FF. Can not believe I have never tried out this franchise. The world and characters are always interesting. Also theres moogles and chocobos, what more can you ask for.

tbh: i don't know why, but i keep on finding excuses (time consuming etc.) not to play this game... although i obtained the first trophy so i have to play this game in sometime... the more of the dlcs i see the less i'm interested in this game... paradox at maximum... 

I have reached +6 hours into the game and I just can't continue playing, this's one of the most boring RPGs I have every played and it's diffently the most boring modern one!

The story dull and generic, the characterers are cliche and their stupid "jokes" and side talkings make me want to strungle them every time they open their mouths. The world is empty and you have to walk/drive for minutes evrey time you want to do a quest and you will face nothing but random enemies.

the side quests are ridiculously lazy and developers put 0 effort into making them meaningful, and I don't compar them to TW3's, even old RPGs have side quests that are far better than thise fetch quests.

10 minutes ago, bh_tornado said:

I have reached +6 hours into the game and I just can't continue playing, this's one of the most boring RPGs I have every played and it's diffently the most boring modern one!

The story dull and generic, the characterers are cliche and their stupid "jokes" and side talkings make me want to strungle them every time they open their mouths. The world is empty and you have to walk/drive for minutes evrey time you want to do a quest and you will face nothing but random enemies.

the side quests are ridiculously lazy and developers put 0 effort into making them meaningful, and I don't compar them to TW3's, even old RPGs have side quests that are far better than thise fetch quests.

How is the world empty? Plus, the side quests are okay in most people's book. Some of them are not fetch quests. There are hunts that you can hunt enemies. Have you even did hunts other than side quests? Also, the characters in the game are interesting and some agree that the characters of this game are good. Also, you spelled strangle wrong.

I liked it but the battling didn't offer much of a challenge. I'll play it once again after all the updates and DLC have been released and then have my final word.

It was clear they were forced to release the game after so many setbacks and what not. It's good to see them taking the time to fix the game even after release. Some developers are like there we go, see ya later. A lot of the characters weren't fleshed out enough and a lot of characters went to waste. The game just splits up and goes mental after a certain point. Once you get to the linear part the game gets weird.

I wouldn't consider it the best Final Fantasy but it's not the worst by far.

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I liked it but the battling didn't offer much of a challenge. I'll play it once again after all the updates and DLC have been released and then have my final word.

It was clear they were forced to release the game after so many setbacks and what not. It's good to see them taking the time to fix the game even after release. Some developers are like there we go, see ya later. A lot of the characters weren't fleshed out enough and a lot of characters went to waste. The game just splits up and goes mental after a certain point. Once you get to the linear part the game gets weird.

I wouldn't consider it the best Final Fantasy but it's not the worse by far.

While I agree the story has its weakpoints, the battle system is amazing and to me, it's challenging because either the enemies hit hard or I get hit a lot. And I agree, it's good to see SE taking their take to fix the game and I agree that they were in a tight schedule and had to release the game last year. While it got good scores and good sales, the game was riddled with bugs and missing features.

But I am glad SE is working hard as they can to improve the game with DLC and updates. And to be honest with you, I almost hope they don't fix the story because I kinda liked the story as it is. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

While I agree the story has its weakpoints, the battle system is amazing and to me, it's challenging because either the enemies hit hard or I get hit a lot. And I agree, it's good to see SE taking their take to fix the game and I agree that they were in a tight schedule and had to release the game last year. While it got good scores and good sales, the game was riddled with bugs and missing features.

But I am glad SE is working hard as they can to improve the game with DLC and updates. And to be honest with you, I almost hope they don't fix the story because I kinda liked the story as it is. But that's just my opinion.

I don't mind the story, it just got weird to me. What I would like to see fixed story wise is some of the characters having more to them. Not that their bland or anything but for them to have more of a history. Iedolas and Ravus for example. I'd say they were important but they were shown in a couple of scenes each. That was very disappointing. I don't know about the battle system. Once you got past a certain level it become pretty easy.

I personally didn't see much of a challenge but that's just me. Maybe I found a method that worked for me throughout really early. (It's been a few months). Then again, in RPGS I tend to spend a whole chunk of my time doing side quests before plodding on with the story. Maybe I was little powerful from the get go so I didn't find much of a challenge? I didn't come across many bugs though which was good.

The problem with Square for me, has been for a while now is they announce games waaaaaaaay to early. I'd just love for them for once to go to a big event like E3 announce a Final Fantasy game and be like ohhh, it's out October. I mean they announced FF7 Remake two years ago and we got news in smaller doses every few months. Sorry for being off topic. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if they weren't so eager to show off that Versus 13 had become 15 they could of had more time to sort everything out. As soon as they announce a game, pressure is on big time.

Edited by Meacham

2 minutes ago, Meacham said:

I don't mind the story, it just got weird to me. What I would like to see fixed story wise is some of the characters having more to them. Not that their bland or anything but for them to have more of a history. Iedolas and Ravus for example. I'd say they were important but they were shown in a couple of scenes each. That was very disappointing. I don't know about the battle system. Once you got past a certain level it become pretty easy.

I personally didn't see much of a challenge but that's just me. Maybe I found a method that worked for me throughout really early. (It's been a few months). Then again, in RPGS I tend to spend a whole chunk of my time doing side quests before plodding on with the story. Maybe I was little powerful from the get go so I didn't find much of a challenge? I didn't come across many bugs though which was good.

The problem with Square for me, has been for a while now is they announce games waaaaaaaay to early. I'd just love for them for once to go to a big event like E3 announce a Final Fantasy game and be like ohhh, it's out October. I mean they announced FF7 Remake two years ago and we got news in smaller doses every few months. Sorry for being off topic. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if they weren't so eager to show off that Versus 13 had become 15 they could of had more time to sort everything out. As soon as they announce a game, pressure is on big time.

I totally understand that. So let's hope for the best.

On the whole I did enjoy myself, but for all its obsession with bromances and Americana it just felt....lifeless. The battle system flattered to deceive, and if the sheer spectacle of assaulting the generally well designed mobs wasn't so visually appealing I think it would have received even more criticism. The world and its inhabitants often felt jarringly disconnected from the catastrophes that were unfolding around them. The story...man so many gaps and non sequiturs. Have or will they fill in the many gaps with dlc? Im not invested enough in the game to revisit it and find out. This criticism is coming from a fan of the series since I played Mystic Quest on the Gameboy (when I had no idea it was connected to it). Despite this, it still kept me playing to the end, but I have no desire to return.

Edited by silenticecream
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bh_tornado said:

You are either a FF fanboy or someone who didn't play an RPG game before this one otherwise you wouldn't even try to deny that side quests in this game are terrible, so no point in arguing about other aspects of the game if you don't see a clear "FACT" as this one.

Yeah, lets cut that out. Having a differing opinion on something completely subjective, like video games, doesn't make someone a fanboy. If that is how you're going to debate then you won't last long around here. 

Parker

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Parker said:

Yeah, lets cut that out. Having a differing opinion on something completely subjective, like video games, doesn't make someone a fanboy. If that is how you're going to debate then you won't last long around here. 

Parker

There's nothing to debate about how bad the majority of side quests are in this game UNLESS you consider fetch quests are the good kind of side quests; other than that as I said anyone who consider side quests in this game is good must be a fanboy or someone who doesn't play an RPG before, and there's nothing wrong with this .. but just don't try to turn up plain facts into "opinions".

It's like saying THW3's side quests are bad or DA:I doesn't give the freedom of choice and present this as "opinions" because they are "video games".

4 minutes ago, bh_tornado said:

There's nothing to debate about how bad the majority of side quests are in this game UNLESS you consider fetch quests are the good kind of side quests; other than that as I said anyone who consider side quests in this game is good must be a fanboy or someone who doesn't play an RPG before, and there's nothing wrong with this .. but just don't try to turn up plain facts into "opinions".

It's like saying THW3's side quests are bad or DA:I doesn't give the freedom of choice and present this as "opinions" because they are "video games".

But you insulted me by calling me a fanboy because I have a different opinion than you and my opinion was that there are other side-quests than finding stuff like hunting monsters to earn gil and stuff. So the side-quests are not bad and have side-quests other than finding stuff.

And no, your facts are just opinions. Nothing more.

Edited by MMX20
Adding extra stuff

1 minute ago, MMX20 said:

But you insulted me by calling me a fanboy because I have a different opinion than you and my opinion was that there are other side-quests than finding stuff like hunting monsters to earn gil and stuff. So the side-quests are not bad and have side-quests other than finding stuff.

I don't consider fanboy as an insult as I consider myself as a fanboy for other stuff so sorry if you don't like it. The thing this game has been released in 2017 so there's no way to say those type of side quests are good or even ok, hunting monsters quests are as dull as assassination contracts in AC games which are not RPG.

In RPG games side quests must add lore to the story/characters or at least add a unique experience/side story, and I didn't find a single side quest that did this yet and I don't think there is because I googled it and everybody who completed the game says so

Again you can argue about story/combat ..etc, but the side quests have nothing to argue about.

Just now, bh_tornado said:

I don't consider fanboy as an insult as I consider myself as a fanboy for other stuff so sorry if you don't like it. The thing this game has been released in 2017 so there's no way to say those type of side quests are good or even ok, hunting monsters quests are as dull as assassination contracts in AC games which are not RPG.

In RPG games side quests must add lore to the story/characters or at least add a unique experience/side story, and I didn't find a single side quest that did this yet and I don't think there is because I googled it and everybody who completed the game says so

Again you can argue about story/combat ..etc, but the side quests have nothing to argue about.

That's your opinion and nothing more. And I have played RPGs since the SNES days and why are the hunting monster quests dull? They provided challenge or to earn some EXP after killing the monsters. And I believe some side-quests in this game add lore to the story (Could be wrong though).

So the people who completed this game are just stating their opinions.

2 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

That's your opinion and nothing more. And I have played RPGs since the SNES days and why are the hunting monster quests dull? They provided challenge or to earn some EXP after killing the monsters. And I believe some side-quests in this game add lore to the story (Could be wrong though).

So the people who completed this game are just stating their opinions.

Did you ever play any game of series like The Witcher- Dragon Age-The Elder Scrolls-Mass Effect-Fallout? If no then I can't say much because those games offer side quests that are more rich than "just go and kill that enemy or bring that item" to gain more xp.

And please mention some of the side quests that add some lore to the story or the NPCs.

Just now, bh_tornado said:

Did you ever play any game of series like The Witcher- Dragon Age-The Elder Scrolls-Mass Effect-Fallout? If no then I can't say much because those games offer side quests that are more rich than "just go and kill that enemy or bring that item" to gain more xp.

And please mention some of the side quests that add some lore to the story or the NPCs.

I don't play them because they are WRPGs, I prefer JRPGs that are better than Western RPGs.

And who cares about side-quests that add lore to the story? The side quests have lore that tells the history of the world of FFXV. I'm starting to think you didn't play FFXV enough to understand the lore and history of the FFXV world, main and side-quests combined.

I wouldn't say that the side quests/hunts are awesome, terrible or otherwise, but the thing is this - they're simple for the most part, maybe with the exception of a few ones. I haven't done every single one there is, even though I do have the Plat. Now, simple doesn't necessarily means good or bad, but it does mean that they are pretty straightforward, and/or have not much depth. However, at the end of the day, it all depends on what you want from a game to be able to tell whether it's good or bad for you. Whatever other people say is irrelevant, because everyone is different and people have different opinions and tastes from each other. And, this is just me of course, but I wouldn't really compare apples with oranges - or in this case, JRPGs with WRPGs, as they have quite different styles and everything. There are entries that I like from both genres of gaming - it doesn't mean that all JRPGs are better than WRPGs, nor the opposite. 

Edited by XShadowNebula01
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, MMX20 said:

I don't play them because they are WRPGs, I prefer JRPGs that are better than Western RPGs.

And who cares about side-quests that add lore to the story? The side quests have lore that tells the history of the world of FFXV. I'm starting to think you didn't play FFXV enough to understand the lore and history of the FFXV world, main and side-quests combined.

If you like JRPGs it's fine but that doesn't make everything about them is perfect, it's completely ok to like a genre & admitting its cons at the same time, who cares about story in side quests? Really? It's like playing a playing a Telltale game and saying "who cares about gameplay in video games?".

Clearly FFXV tried to copycat some recent WRPGs (the open world, the new combat system, the new dialogue choices), so I can't see why you treat it like a purr JRPG or like an old FF title where side quests didn't matter.

39 minutes ago, bh_tornado said:

If you like JRPGs it's fine but that doesn't make everything about them is perfect, it's completely ok to like a genre & admitting its cons at the same time, who cares about story in side quests? Really? It's like playing a playing a Telltale game and saying "who cares about gameplay in video games?".

Clearly FFXV tried to copycat some recent WRPGs (the open world, the new combat system, the new dialogue choices), so I can't see why you treat it like a purr JRPG or like an old FF title where side quests didn't matter.

That's because it does have open world, action combat system and some dialogue choices. I'm starting to think you are trolling.

I thought the game was good, it wasn't the best in the world but I'm happy with the time I spent. Without spoiling anything the ending was pretty sad and a possible Dark Noctis dlc sounds totally badass. I think the best thing that I enjoyed about this game was that I look really similar to Noctis in hair and attire which made his character more likeable to me, especially with the closely related attitude (pretty much made this game for me on a simple reason such as this). I haven't played the dlc yet but I do own both. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMX20 said:

That's because it does have open world, action combat system and some dialogue choices. I'm starting to think you are trolling.

Think whatever you want to think, I think also that I was right regarding my first comment.