(Suggestion) Add More Forum Mods

I agree, when I first joined PSNP there wasn't as many "outbreaks" imo. 

I don't know if it's a trust issue to add another mod or if there's another reason. 

I hope this is taken seriously though. 

I have archives of a few of the situations and it's always around that same time. 

1 hour ago, Midnightwards666 said:

Maybe you will be the next mod, Yuri...

I'm knocking on the wood right now, God rid me of that fate. Plus, I'm the same timezone as Parker, so not happening and anything i can do, stevie does better and more polite. I don't wanna be 2017's @AlteredFormula

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheYuriG said:

I'm knocking on the wood right now, God rid me of that fate. Plus, I'm the same timezone as Parker, so not happening and anything i can do, stevie does better and more polite. I don't wanna be 2017's @AlteredFormula

AF's comments were priceless though, especially those about the search function.

14 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

AF's comments were priceless though, especially those about the search function.

That's the point, AF was amazing and I'm closest to his personality than any other mod. I wouldn't be a nice mod like the other 2 and i can't be a better AF than AF himself was. I wouldn't like to be a copy 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jibril said:

An extra mod could have probably locked this up before people started dog piling on the user and repeatedly broke rule 3 

So I technically have mod abilities now so I can cover most of the time that the forum mods are away, though still direct regular forum issues and everything to the forum mods, I suck with my message inbox xD I'll be here for anything essential as it's reported during off hours!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's fine. This website hasn't gone through heavy sprees or traffics of troll behavior. And mods will generally be slow if you don't report the activity, remember that. Trust me -- just report the activity and everything will be all fine and dandy, overall.

3 hours ago, Jak said:

It's fine. This website hasn't gone through heavy sprees or traffics of troll behavior. And mods will generally be slow if you don't report the activity, remember that. Trust me -- just report the activity and everything will be all fine and dandy, overall.

Ya it calms down after about 8 hours till around 7am est when I notice things get deleted. 

I have a handful of the threads downloaded in pdf. It happens, it's not very fast(understandably, parker stevie and sly are asleep, everyone needs sleep! Natural), but it's not a myth that it the threads during those times get out of hand quickly for a forum I used to really really really love. 

• Like 1

I'm up for most of the times when a mod are asleep, if anything gets out of hand then report it, and I'll see it and can take care of it. :) If it's smaller things then I usually keep that for the forum mods when they wake up because they're better at deciding what to do with those ;) 

It's a massive forum that me or the forum mods may not always be able to scan page by page immediately, so reporting it will notify us instantaneously.

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Is there an option to report an entire topic because so far I've only found the option to report individual posts?

But yeah, I don't think getting another set of eyes would be wrong. After all it can only make the experience better here. 

11 hours ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Is there an option to report an entire topic because so far I've only found the option to report individual posts?

But yeah, I don't think getting another set of eyes would be wrong. After all it can only make the experience better here. 

Report the opening post or the post that starts the flame war. I usually say something along the lines of "this post and the posts after it break rule 3."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to reinvigorate and amplify the original suggestion: The site needs more moderators. Appointing Mango with mod powers is a stopgap solution at best. That's not to imply he's doing a bad job, quite the opposite: if we 10 more people just like Mango, I think it'd solve a whole host of issues. But we don't, and he's got a bunch of other stuff on his plate. This site really does need at least 5 people with mod-level capability. Sly, Stevie, Parker, Mango, "???".

What is the status on this?

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

haha...gotta cast a vote for mekktor...this guy is awesome...one of my favorite site diplomats...i think if balancing intellect, logic, respect, integrity, consistency, open-mindedness, and an ability to remain unbiased are qualities to look for then this guy's a shoo-in ...(sorry mekk...had to do it...i know you'd likely turn it down...all part of the fun...)...no comment as to whether the site needs another mod or not...

Edited by ProfBambam55
added no comment...