Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2 Opening & Release Date

Looks like Arc System Works is giving us an early look at the opening of REV 2! It will release on PS3/PS4 on May 26th 2017! Until then, we can enjoy the music (:

You can upgrade your current copy of Revelator to REV 2 digitally on PS3 and PS4 for $20

Or you can get the complete physical copy exclusive to PS4 for $40

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ShonenCat So I am really excited about this and found out that I can upgrade my Rev 1 edition to rev 2 for 20$ but does that mean once I upgrade I lose Rev 1? Meaning I need another Rev copy to get Rev trophies??

@ERGOPROXY-DECAY, I do not have any clue whether or not there will be new trophies... But I highly doubt upgrading would mean you would have to buy Rev 1 again. If anything Rev 2 should only add content, not take it away xD Or think of Rev 2 as "Rev 1 Definitive Edition."

Edited by ShonenCat

Exactly, just like one big DLC upgrade! Which is why the $20 digital upgrade exists for current Rev 1 owners. But if your a Guilty Gear freak like myself, you'll most likely want the physical Rev 2 disc just for novelty sake ;D

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

@ShonenCat So I am really excited about this and found out that I can upgrade my Rev 1 edition to rev 2 for 20$ but does that mean once I upgrade I lose Rev 1? Meaning I need another Rev copy to get Rev trophies??

If I had to guess it would be like Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered. If you have the Rev disc and upgrade, you might still have to boot Rev in order to switch to Rev 2. That would universally work across physical and digital copies and would be the easier way to manage it all IMO.

Edited by skateak

• 1 month later...

Just checked on Gamefaqs it seems that there's already problems of some of the content they've bought from rev1 aren't on rev2, but one person said that the physical game of rev1 came all of the parts from rev2 which is already causing problems of me thinking I should really buy the upgrade which it's idiotic that it should've made it free just like Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate transition to Last Round for those who own a ps3 in that case.

Edited by Superstarmaste1r

• 1 month later...