What's it like living in the Premium Membership life?

AlcoholicDinosaw

Recently I've been thinking whether or not I should become a Premium Member of this website, and of course, I wanna turn to the community itself and ask your opinion on how you view a Premium Member. For example, when viewing a member and notice that they're Premium, does your opinion automatically change? If so to what? Do you suddenly have respect for them, see them as cool, look up to them, anything, I want to hear what you guys think of this lavish and luxurious life you Premiums are living, should I join? Let me know!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Well this is coming from someone who was gifted their premium. :D It's awesome. You can give 25 reputations a day, your profile automatically updates every 6 hours. (That's 4 times per day) D: and you can change your forum name. Something Sony has yet to give us. :P You can also report hackers for cheating on games but only on PS3 games. I'm not sure if I am missing anything but those are the key advantages. What I recommend is waiting for someone to buy you a membership. It happened to people that I know on this site so who knows.

Oh wow that's awesome! How do you get gifted a Premium? That's crazy I didn't even know such a thing was possible xD I'm very new to the Forum side of this website so that probably sounded like a really dumb question, at the moment I want to get more involved in the community and be a part of what makes all of this awesome! :D

• Like 1

Question seems irrelevant when you can look up the chart and see for yourself what they have compared to those without.

Do these seem beneficial to you in any way?  If so then it's worth it.  If not then it's not. 

You shouldn't care what others think. 

e939e874876e43089568b68f56002c6f.png

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 3

On 2017-3-27 at 0:40 PM, DARKB1KE said:

Question seems irrelevant when you can look up the chart and see for yourself what they have compared to those without.

Do these seem beneficial to you in any way?  If so then it's worth it.  If not then it's not. 

DARKB1KE I remember you from ages ago on an old account xD Silly of me to not look at that beforehand but you've helped so thank you! :D

Edited by AlcoholicDinosaw

1 hour ago, StrickenBiged said:

@AlcoholicDinosaw I have the perfect thread for you:

Make sure to be around next time I do a giveaway and, if you're able to solve the puzzle first, you might be able to try a year's premium membership on me! ;) 

Dude thank you so much I'll be sure to keep checking that out and see if I have a chance of winning anything, thank you for commenting! :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

DARKB1KE I remember you from ages ago on an old account we were friends aww how cute xD I can't remember what game but I'm gonna check, but yea your feedback and comment has helped lots, silly of me to not look at that beforehand but you've helped a bunch so thank you! :D

No problem.  Why did you make a new account? 

28 minutes ago, Captain Anura said:

Ever click "Update Profile" only to realise that your trophies haven't synced from PSN (*cough* I didn't forget *cough*) and you have to wait one whole hour before you can do it again and update your stats, but it's bedtime and you can't afford to stay up any later because it's already 3am and you have work in the morning? 

Yeah. Premium was worth it just for that. 

I can definitely relate to this, usually get ahead of myself and update my account on here before letting my trophies sync fully at stupid o'clock in the morning xD

• Like 1

Still the same to me just different title name and color in the middle top of my profile. Also, having 6 hours prior update trophies. Nothing special about that cuz sometimes random people goes to check you out and update my profile in anytime. 

57 minutes ago, Captain Anura said:

Ever click "Update Profile" only to realise that your trophies haven't synced from PSN (*cough* I didn't forget *cough*) and you have to wait one whole hour before you can do it again and update your stats, but it's bedtime and you can't afford to stay up any later because it's already 3am and you have work in the morning? 

Yeah. Premium was worth it just for that. 

Sooooo many times.

• Like 2

I managed to get premium by making a guide for the site. I'm not sure if they still offer this, but you can check the project guide forum if this is something that you'd be interested in. If you don't feel like paying for premium, this is a good way to earn it I'd say. And it also helps out the site of course.

I'd say the best thing about premium is being able to update your account whenever you want. 

• Like 1

So I've just realised at the moment I can only give 10 reputation thingys a day, with premium I can do 25 as @marvelboy10 stated, and with all the people commenting, I want to be able to give more reputation points to them but now I'm limited, I think I'll be getting Premium after all, it's not like it's super expensive for lifetime, thank you for everyone commenting, I'll still be happy to read and listen to people's comments, views and opinions on having premium and their experiences with it, for all I know that experience could help me or others who are reading this thread! Thanks again guys! :D

On 2017-3-27 at 2:04 PM, DARKB1KE said:

No problem.  Why did you make a new account? 

My old account had a list I couldn't be bothered to complete and it just wasn't me xD We went through Red Faction: Guerilla back in 2014, the account I used was called TheLostAura :)

4 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

This is a bit outdated as avatar filesizes are now the same after the major site update a few months ago and premiums can have up to 5 images in their sig space.

4 hours ago, AlcoholicDinosaw said:

Recently I've been thinking whether or not I should become a Premium Member of this website, and of course, I wanna turn to the community itself and ask your opinion on how you view a Premium Member. For example, when viewing a member and notice that they're Premium, does your opinion automatically change? If so to what? Do you suddenly have respect for them, see them as cool, look up to them, anything, I want to hear what you guys think of this lavish and luxurious life you Premiums are living, should I join? Let me know!

My main reason for getting a premium was to show support to the site. Other perks were a larger trophy cabinet and getting rid of the ads. Before the site update, premiums also had exclusive access to the new trophy card and could access the beta version of the new site, but now that's available for everyone. My opinion on members doesn't change if they're premium though. Having practically no limit on manually updating comes in handy when getting a new plat and wanting to sync it to the site. There's also an exclusive subforum for premium members, but that one has been collecting dust and cobwebs for a loooong time now :lol: .

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Well, fancier signature and frequent updates are handy, but I've updated because I wanted a larger trophy cabinet, no ads, and, ironically, to be able to lock up my threads, because I was thinking about writing a checklist.  I'm still silently hoping that this feature makes a return.

37 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

I'm still silently hoping that this feature makes a return.

It already made a return. There's a 'Moderation Actions' option right under the text box for comments on which you can click to lock and unlock your threads :)

Edited by Lucas

Just now, Lucas said:

It already made a return. There's a 'Moderation Actions' option right under the text box for comments on which you can click to lock and unlock your threads :)

Ah, excellent. I've most likely missed it during my RL leave, then. Thanks for letting me know.