Why I quit this platinum

Bravo good Sir couldn't have said it better. I couldn't even bring myself to get a quarter through the story because of what you said and because the controls of the vehicles and choppers are the worst I've ever experienced! 

I do have the game in my backlog though and hope I'll someday find that unfinished mess in my trophy list mocking me to the point where I just go through with it. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, iAlphaSoldier said:

Bravo good Sir couldn't have said it better. I couldn't even bring myself to get a quarter through the story because of what you said and because the controls of the vehicles and choppers are the worst I've ever experienced! 

I do have the game in my backlog though and hope I'll someday find that unfinished mess in my trophy list mocking me to the point where I just go through with it. 

Thanks for the pleasant response. Nice to know I'm not the only one is annoyed by this. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately that's how most of Ubisoft's games are. Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy, and Watch Dogs to name a few all have a lot of collectibles. For the most part they are open world, and we all know open world games have plenty of fetch quests.

• Like 3

Just now, Spaz said:

Unfortunately that's how most of Ubisoft's games are. Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Tom Clancy, and Watch Dogs to name a few all have a lot of collectibles. For the most part they are open world, and we all know open world games have plenty of fetch quests.

As I said earlier, yes I know that. Ubisoft games have a lot of collectibles. Watch dogs, The Division and A.C. were games that I played and have a lot of collectibles. But in this game, they are a pain in the ass. And having to go reveal them is cancer. I'm sorry but I say NO WAY to that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

As I said earlier, yes I know that. Ubisoft games have a lot of collectibles. Watch dogs, The Division and A.C. were games that I played and have a lot of collectibles. But in this game, they are a pain in the ass. And having to go reveal them is cancer. I'm sorry but I say NO WAY to that. 

Better than having to go for collectibles that are NOT shown on the map, like inFamous 1 and the feathers from Assassins Creed II.

• Like 3

Haven't had that bad an experience, man. The whole point of earning skill points is to invest them to upgrade your character, you need to choose how you are going to invest wisely. For example, if you keep investing heavily into the drone at the beginning, you'd not be left with a lot of skill points or the items needed. Practically, except the range and battery, the rest can be upgraded to just the first level to have a decent enough drone. By choosing to invest wisely, you can use those same skill points and items to upgrade other skills in a branch. Vehicle damage done or taken are some that can make the game slightly easier, likewise, upgrading physical skills can be good in combat.

Yes, I agree to this that the vehicle mechanics/controls, ground or air, are a little wonky, but hey, dodging missiles even with the slowest air transport available is not a big deal. All one has to do is move the stick to either left or right and you are safe. I also agree that there are far too many collectibles but again, if Ubi hadn't put those many weapons in the game, there would have been someone crying over how less the number of guns are in the game. There are about 10 or 12 styles of play, Ubi has done well in keeping that in mind when adding those weapons and accessories. Kinslayer files, though, are a big pile of crap, undoubtedly.

The only thing that really annoys me is the side mission and rebel ops mission. Ubi has had a habit of making open world games which are open world, all right, but have other things too linear in concept (especially post Watchdogs/2012-era), Do-that-for-this-and-this-for-that until you're bored to death kind of approach. Gets annoying after a while. As a matter of fact, even after you fully upgrade a rebel skill, the associated rebel ops mission keeps popping up if you go to a new area, such is the game design.

With a controller limitation, I hope you see why button configuration/assignment is so limited and that goes to every game you play on a console, just not this.

The game has proved to be glitchy, yeah, not as bad as AC:Unity at launch, if I may speak with just Ubi games in mind.

I felt you were just a little too harsh with your verdict for this game. If you're in a habit of fast travelling for the purpose of trophy hunting and not really enjoying the game, I can see where you're coming from then.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dev2610 said:

Haven't had that bad an experience, man. The whole point of earning skill points is to invest them to upgrade your character, you need to choose how you are going to invest wisely. For example, if you keep investing heavily into the drone at the beginning, you'd not be left with a lot of skill points or the items needed. Practically, except the range and battery, the rest can be upgraded to just the first level to have a decent enough drone. By choosing to invest wisely, you can use those same skill points and items to upgrade other skills in a branch. Vehicle damage done or taken are some that can make the game slightly easier, likewise, upgrading physical skills can be good in combat.

Yes, I agree to this that the vehicle mechanics/controls, ground or air, are a little wonky, but hey, dodging missiles even with the slowest air transport available is not a big deal. All one has to do is move the stick to either left or right and you are safe. I also agree that there are far too many collectibles but again, if Ubi hadn't put those many weapons in the game, there would have been someone crying over how less the number of guns are in the game. There are about 10 or 12 styles of play, Ubi has done well in keeping that in mind when adding those weapons and accessories. Kinslayer files, though, are a big pile of crap, undoubtedly.

The only thing that really annoys me is the side mission and rebel ops mission. Ubi has had a habit of making open world games which are open world, all right, but have other things too linear in concept (especially post Watchdogs/2012-era), Do-that-for-this-and-this-for-that until you're bored to death kind of approach. Gets annoying after a while. As a matter of fact, even after you fully upgrade a rebel skill, the associated rebel ops mission keeps popping up if you go to a new area, such is the game design.

With a controller limitation, I hope you see why button configuration/assignment is so limited and that goes to every game you play on a console, just not this.

The game has proved to be glitchy, yeah, not as bad as AC:Unity at launch, if I may speak with just Ubi games in mind.

I felt you were just a little too harsh with your verdict for this game. If you're in a habit of fast travelling for the purpose of trophy hunting and not really enjoying the game, I can see where you're coming from then.

Yah maybe I might be overreacting but that's honestly how I feel. I can't believe almost 1000 people got the platinum already. Gave can get a bit boring but I do like it. It's fun to play.

4 hours ago, boshafty1 said:

I stuck with it and earned the platinum. There are a couple of things that bothered me, the vehicle controls and grinding resources.

Then I tip my hat to you. Good job for getting that platinum.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

Better than having to go for collectibles that are NOT shown on the map, like inFamous 1 and the feathers from Assassins Creed II.

If I quite remember, The Last of Us also has collectibles that aren't shown on the map. The good thing is that there are 4 different types of collectibles though. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 3:03 AM, rus678 said:

such a grind will probably get the plat, but not a memorable game in the end.

Those words are so true.

On 4/2/2017 at 3:52 AM, RuKaSe_91 said:

Yeah me and my mate are currently going through the grind ... Roughly half way through. Damn those documents and side missions!!

Good luck mate.

This is a good game that I ended up hating due to the amount of collectibles on the map and also the repetitive/boring side missions you had to grind to upgrade your character. Just got the Platinum but I really forced myself to get it. Future soldiers was way better I honestly think the open world formula they went for didn't work out well 

• Like 3

I definitely feel you on this, OP.

For me, the worst were the 'Start the radio' missions. Fucking radio was so damn weak and got destroyed in seconds until i found you can put armored cars around them.

As for Unidad shooting down your plane or helicopter in the side missions, it was bullshit because even if i dodged one or two, a third would get me. How the fluck they could get off

so many missiles so quickly was frustrating as hell. 

I do want to Plat this, but have a long way to go. Great game, just a damn grind.

On 13.4.2017 at 3:53 AM, TheGoaler said:

I definitely feel you on this, OP.

For me, the worst were the 'Start the radio' missions. Fucking radio was so damn weak and got destroyed in seconds until i found you can put armored cars around them.

As for Unidad shooting down your plane or helicopter in the side missions, it was bullshit because even if i dodged one or two, a third would get me. How the fluck they could get off

so many missiles so quickly was frustrating as hell. 

I do want to Plat this, but have a long way to go. Great game, just a damn grind.

I was also frustrated about the start the radio missions, especially the one in the north west part. I completed this thing days before (but not this one in the north west). 

But there is an important thing to know for newbies: the number of these missions is higher than the necessary number for a full upgrade.  So, when there people have problems, then go to easier regions and play. For the radio mission is very helpful to use te full upgraded rebel support ability and have skilled bullet resistant. 

For the resource I recommend to do this the same like described for the missions and use the app for mobile phones (you can transfer a small number of resources, okay it is not a lot, but when you do this everyday, than it is helpful. 

Sounds like a lot of whinging. I didn't mind the collectibles in so far as they made me explore the whole map which is huge. The difference in environment from one side to the other was immense. The intervention of Unidad was more of an issue in missions than anywhere else but I think it adds to the immersion, after all it is suppose to be an unstable country. As far as the trophy list I don't think it could have been any easier, there was definitely many opportunities to make it tougher 

Edited by cjshaitan
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2017 at 0:08 AM, Spaz said:

I hated the feathers. I thought, though, that the collectibles in Infamous were on the map?

7 minutes ago, cjshaitan said:

As far as the trophy list I don't think it could have been any easier, there was definitely many opportunities to make it tougher 

You don't think it could have been any easier? At allxD

• Like 1

Personally, I LOVE this game when playing Solo OR with friends (not randoms, because of them normally just going Rambo through missions) they fixed the controls for the game and the Helicopter isn't too bad. This has so far been a blast on my road to platinum. If you like games like Call of Duty where you run in and do everything Rambo style then sure! This game is broken and boring, but if you love to be tactical, set up your shots, your AI partners shots, time it correctly and take out four targets without being noticed? Then THIS is the game for you. Otherwise, yeah, it can be repetitive.