Why I quit this platinum

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2017 at 4:56 AM, BadTitanSlayer said:

2. The side missions. OK, I can deal with a few of these. But the ones where I have to go and chase down a convoy while it's guarded by 2 Santa Blanca cars with mini-guns + a Heli, is a nightmare. And I have to do so many of them to unlock more skills? And on top of that a lot of them start to get boring.

The convoy missions were driving me nuts until I made an accidental discovery... you don't have to chase them.

Everything about the missions pushes you to feel you have to preserve the target truck (you AI squadmates even tell you to be careful if you shoot it), so you tend to (well, I did) pursue in a vehicle or helicopter, trying to take out the support vehicles while avoiding damage to the target. And so you get ripped apart by the miniguns.

Don't bother! Just blow it up. The convoy stops, making it easier to deal with the support, and you can still claim your reward afterwards. It makes them far easier, and so, so much quicker.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paranoimia said:

The convoy missions were driving me nuts until I made an accidental discovery... you don't have to chase them.

Everything about the missions pushes you to feel you have to preserve the target truck (you AI squadmates even tell you to be careful if you shoot it), so you tend to (well, I did) pursue in a vehicle or helicopter, trying to take out the support vehicles while avoiding damage to the target. And so you get ripped apart by the miniguns.

Don't bother! Just blow it up. The convoy stops, making it easier to deal with the support, and you can still claim your reward afterwards. It makes them far easier, and so, so much quicker.

This is true but you will lose half of the ressources when blowing up the truck completely. Just use a grenade launcher and it should only partially destroy it - just enough for it to stop :) . Except the Medical Truck - it seemed to explode either way :D

18 minutes ago, SirEricLPer said:

This is true but you will lose half of the ressources when blowing up the truck completely. Just use a grenade launcher and it should only partially destroy it - just enough for it to stop :) . Except the Medical Truck - it seemed to explode either way :D

You know what? I hadn't even noticed that! ? D'oh!

Mind you, there's not exactly a shortage of them, and if I can do 2 or 3 in a fraction of the time, nothing's really lost.

Oh well. I'll try sniping the driver in future. I managed it once... same effect... stops the convoy, letting you take out the support more easily. Why no-one else gets in and drives, I don't know... they all seem able to fly helicopters when I fudge up stealing those! Still, grateful for small mercies and all that.

On 5/4/2017 at 11:42 AM, Paranoimia said:

You know what? I hadn't even noticed that! 1f633.png D'oh!

Mind you, there's not exactly a shortage of them, and if I can do 2 or 3 in a fraction of the time, nothing's really lost.

Oh well. I'll try sniping the driver in future. I managed it once... same effect... stops the convoy, letting you take out the support more easily. Why no-one else gets in and drives, I don't know... they all seem able to fly helicopters when I fudge up stealing those! Still, grateful for small mercies and all that.

Thanks for the info. That's helpful to know if I ever play it again. I probably won't platinum it even though my friend wanted to platinum it but he no longer can. His data got corrupted lol

Personally, i'm glad i stuck with it and got the Platinum. What i didn't like was the way the game ended, as well as the last mission. Having to grind out XP for the remaining skills was a little ridiculous, but i loved this game. It is a very special game, with all of it's flaws. I might try play on my alternate account, but won't go for Platinum.

This game requires playing with friends for a laugh. 

If your just going to try and push through it then it's grundy as hell. 

Im on the verge of the past now. Just need to finish the story and get the trophies for killing x people in one explosion. 

Edited by Dan_WatsonAU

22 hours ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

This game requires playing with friends for a laugh. 

If your just going to try and push through it then it's grundy as hell. 

Im on the verge of the past now. Just need to finish the story and get the trophies for killing x people in one explosion. 

I've played with a few friends. My friend was close to platinum but his save data got corrupted. 

Having played and enjoyed the linear future solider I have to agree with the open world route and ridiculous collectable amounts added to mainly Ubisoft's games, having played the beta it's just another open world collectable game and I'm kinda getting open world fatigue and playing more linear games lately, I will pick it up eventually but am in no rush to get and plat it atm.

Obviously can't comment on the glitch and the like as I haven't played the game yet.

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

He doesn't have PS+. The only reason why he was able to play online was because I was file sharing with him

I know people don't like paying to play online but i would be gutted if I was close to the plat and didn't have a backup. 

On 5/4/2017 at 2:42 PM, Paranoimia said:

You know what? I hadn't even noticed that! ? D'oh!

I recommand that you use your drone's EMP.  

You drive ahead of the truck, lay down with your drone up. When the truck passes by you, you only have to activate the EMP and the truck stops right away, without any damage . 

As well, two locations on the map spawns every 15 minutes or so convoys right next to you so the grind is wayyyyyyy easier. "Remanzo Bravo" and "Villa... something" lol..it's on the East side of the map.

(since one of the latest patch they removed the infinite spawn at these locations but if you use the two locations and you do a side mission in between, you won't have to wait for the convoy respawn)

6 hours ago, Dan_WatsonAU said:

I know people don't like paying to play online but i would be gutted if I was close to the plat and didn't have a backup. 

Yah I'd be fucking pissed off as well

• Like 1

I am actually very surprised than spmeone expected little ammount of collectibles in Ubisoft game. I like it - story, legends etc make this game more interesting. Similar missions? Oh... Name me sn open world game where each mission is different to anothet

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkodi said:

I am actually very surprised than spmeone expected little ammount of collectibles in Ubisoft game. I like it - story, legends etc make this game more interesting. Similar missions? Oh... Name me sn open world game where each mission is different to anothet

Whilst Ubi are known for collectables I did feel this game had a hell of a lot. 

• Like 1

I think that the arguments in this thread are absolutely sound. For me, i have always seemingly had a soft spot for Tom Clancy games - Splinter Cell in particular. Granted the grinding in this game is pretty god damn awful, but i have definitely had worse. For me, it was actually Thief. That game was head and shoulders the toughest grind i have ever done to get a Platinum. Best for collectables in an open world RPG format - Horizon ZD. The right amount for the game and was a pleasure to plat.

Yes, there are a lot of collectables, but you know what, i have invested too much time to suddenly drop this and move on to the next one. At least i know that when i have finished this game, i know that i will have definitely got my moneys' worth from the amount of hours i have put in (and maybe make back after trading it in ☺️)

If you are having thoughts of just dropping it because of collectables etc, just think to yourself what the next game your going to play is. Mine is Persona 5, and i hear its around 100-120 hours to plat. game on!

• Like 1

The only reason I won't be able to get the platinum for this game is because of that stupid trophy where you kill 7 enemies with a mine! Ugh! lol it's literally impossible for me. Everything else I don't mind doing. I'm use to collectibles and stuff like that. :/ But damn that A Better Mousetrap trophy will be the death of me.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-1 at 7:42 PM, kittygirl2010 said:

The only reason I won't be able to get the platinum for this game is because of that stupid trophy where you kill 7 enemies with a mine! Ugh! lol it's literally impossible for me. Everything else I don't mind doing. I'm use to collectibles and stuff like that. :/ But damn that A Better Mousetrap trophy will be the death of me.

Its not that bad really. There are a lot of youtube videos showing how people did it. Personally I used the same method as the video below and it only took me 3-4 tries before it popped.

• Like 2