Star Ocean Till the End of Time trophy discussion

I just looked over the trophy list, and it looks quite doable.  Nothing too hard in there.  I am very thankful that you don't need 100% battle trophies, just 80%.

Also, the trophy list was in english, so that gives me some hope for a western release.

You don't need 100% of the battle trophies for the platinum? WOOHOO! :D

15 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

Also, the trophy list was in english, so that gives me some hope for a western release.

Just now, Death_Ninja said:

The list is in English, is this game getting localized?! 

It's all but confirmed at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, Death_Ninja said:

This seriously is like the best year in gaming for me lmao

Haha, I know right!? It's hard to keep up with all the releases, but I'm certainly not complaining. :lol: I don't remember the last time we had a year this good for video games.

I've never played Till the End of Time before, but I've always wanted to. The fact that it's coming to PS4 with trophies now makes it all the better! It'll be added to the backlog along with hundreds of other JRPG's, but still. :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Haha, I know right!? It's hard to keep up with all the releases, but I'm certainly not complaining. :lol: I don't remember the last time we had a year this good for video games.

I've never played Till the End of Time before, but I've always wanted to. The fact that it's coming to PS4 with trophies now makes it all the better! It'll be added to the backlog along with hundreds of other JRPG's, but still. :P

I mean shit, I can finally retire my PS2! :lol:

• Like 2

Well seeing as how I've been playing a bit of the fifth game, seeing this list show up in English is quite nice, will be willing to give it a go as well.  So glad only 80% of battle trophies are needed.  But I assume at least 2 playthroughs are needed by the looks of it? Unless both are available from the start.

2 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well seeing as how I've been playing a bit of the fifth game, seeing this list show up in English is quite nice, will be willing to give it a go as well.  So glad only 80% of battle trophies are needed.  But I assume at least 2 playthroughs are needed by the looks of it? Unless both are available from the start.

At least 3 I'm afraid.  Universal and 4D difficulties need to be unlocked (Universal difficulty at 25% battle trophies and 4D difficulty at 65% battle trophies).  Plus several battle trophies are difficulty specific.

Edited by locutus442

Just now, locutus442 said:

At least 3 I'm afraid.  Universal and 4D difficulties need to be unlocked.  Plus several battle trophies are difficulty specific.

Ah, that'll be fine... I mean it's the same with the one I'm playing anyway, at least 3 playthroughs, since the next difficult unlocks next round, complete it on that and the following difficulty should be available.

But would this mean that so far, this'll be the longest PS2 game to platinum? xD

6 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, that'll be fine... I mean it's the same with the one I'm playing anyway, at least 3 playthroughs, since the next difficult unlocks next round, complete it on that and the following difficulty should be available.

But would this mean that so far, this'll be the longest PS2 game to platinum? xD

Oh hell yeah lol 

Man, I remember you had to have separate space on a memory card to unlock the battle trophies lol

2 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Oh hell yeah lol 

Man, I remember you had to have separate space on a memory card to unlock the battle trophies lol

I remember that.  That save file for the battle trophies was rather large too (at least 1200kb).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Well, at least with the PS4, it'll be more manageable for sure xD

But yes, I am prepared for this as well :D

I also remember battle trophies not unlocking unless you play Galaxy difficulty or higher. They don't unlock on Earth difficulty.

2 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

I remember that.  That save file for the battle trophies was rather large too (at least 1200kb).

Haha yup, took up a ton of memory. Well, when you only have 8MB of storage :lol:

Edited by Death_Ninja

2 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

I also remember battle trophies not unlocking unless you play Galaxy difficulty or higher. They don't unlock on Earth difficulty.

Well in SO5, I am unlocking battle trophies, but then again, I did pick the highest difficulty there so far (I forget which one it is).  So I have no problem doing so in this game either.

Just now, DrakeHellsing said:

Well in SO5, I am unlocking battle trophies, but then again, I did pick the highest difficulty there so far (I forget which one it is).  So I have no problem doing so in this game either.

Yeah you'll be fine. I think SO3 only gives you access to Earth and Galaxy difficulties at first. I don't think you unlock Universe difficulty until you beat the game and then 4D comes after you beat the game on Universe. So there's probably a minimum of 3 playthroughs, at least.

31 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Yeah you'll be fine. I think SO3 only gives you access to Earth and Galaxy difficulties at first. I don't think you unlock Universe difficulty until you beat the game and then 4D comes after you beat the game on Universe. So there's probably a minimum of 3 playthroughs, at least.

Actually, Universal unlocks after 25% battle trophies and 4D unlocks after 65% battle trophies.

• Like 1

The only thing I wanted in the trophy list, and it's there, NOT having to get 100% of the BTs! So happy that it stops at 80%, but then again, I know there's still a lot in the game, a lot more than I ever got around to since I stopped playing the PS2 version about halfway through. I'll absolutely be getting this once it releases.