Trap Game Strong Not Popping

Throw7

Anyone know exactly what you need to do for the Trap Game Strong trophy? I assumed you have to shoot 10 of the roadside traps (barrels, logs) and block the path of cops but I've done this now dozens of times and the trophy isn't popping. I've noticed that several people have the trophy so instead of thinking it's glitched I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong.

I noticed that sometimes a mini cutscene seems to play in your rearview mirror and I'm thinking that this is what a "success" trigger is, but I'm positive this has happened more than 10 times. Do you then also need to escape? Do you need to do this 10 times in one chase?

I have a feeling that you need to activate 10 different traps. Had the same "bug" with the billboards. I was pretty sure I smashed way more than 10 billboards but the trophy popped not until smashing a billboard I never smashed before. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not.

Problem is: Two log-traps won't collapse in my game. I hear the sound but nothing happens.

3 hours ago, woggly4 said:

I have a feeling that you need to activate 10 different traps. Had the same "bug" with the billboards. I was pretty sure I smashed way more than 10 billboards but the trophy popped not until smashing a billboard I never smashed before. Maybe it's a coincidence but maybe not.

Problem is: Two log-traps won't collapse in my game. I hear the sound but nothing happens.

Are there 10 traps? I can't find 10.

I backed up my save and deleted it, restarted the game, captured my first three districts, and just had my first sit down. At which point I got the first mission of the DLC. With this fresh save I've driven around for like an hour triggering every trap I see. I can only find 8 or 9 of them and this includes a unique one where you drive through a bridge support which collapses the bridge. In total, there are only 7 or 8 log/barrel traps that I can find.

Unless it truly is 10 different traps and I'm somehow missing one, even through I've driven everywhere, this trophy is definitely glitched on me... again...

Also, there is one particular log trap where the sound triggers but the logs never fall. This seems to have happened on both of my saves. Does everyone have this bugged trap?

Edited by Throw7

I counted the traps today and if I'm not mistaken there are only 7 traps - this disconfirms the "10 different traps"-theory.

Today I tried my luck by attracting the police and activating the traps in a car chase (hell, the AI is the worst - it's so easy to escape even if you don't want to...) and still... The trophy didn't pop, but: I noticed a new sound (similar to the brutal takedown sound) when the traps make a car explode. Maybe a trap is only seen as successful if a car explodes? I will check this theory tomorrow, just wanted to share my observations with you guys.

This is my last trophy for 100% and it's driving me crazy... ?

Edited by woggly4

You guys are overthinking this. My trophy popped as I drove past a trap and activated it without anyone following me. Did this on the last 4 or 5 traps. I think it's just a matter of popping traps until it pops. 

With the billboards are you guys making sure it's the correct billboard? I believe only the election billboards count. On both of these I know I went over ten on each but both popped within a reasonable amount of time. I hope this helps somehow. 

10 hours ago, serialkilla1987 said:

You guys are overthinking this. My trophy popped as I drove past a trap and activated it without anyone following me. Did this on the last 4 or 5 traps. I think it's just a matter of popping traps until it pops. 

With the billboards are you guys making sure it's the correct billboard? I believe only the election billboards count. On both of these I know I went over ten on each but both popped within a reasonable amount of time. I hope this helps somehow. 

Nope m8, i drove past it for 4 hours, that means i had atleast over 50 traps without anyone chasing me, and then few hours with the police chasing me, which is atleast 20 more times.

9 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Nope m8, i drove past it for 4 hours, that means i had atleast over 50 traps without anyone chasing me, and then few hours with the police chasing me, which is atleast 20 more times.

This trophy is not glitched for players who started playing the game 5-6 months ago. Players who started playing with patch 1.6 or 1.7 have this issue (including me). Check out who have this trophy unlocked, it are all players started the game 5 months ago. 

Edited by JaapertNL

5 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

This trophy is not glitched for players who started playing the game 5-6 months ago. Players who started playing with patch 1.6 or 1.7 have this issue (including me). Check out who have this trophy unlocked, it are all players started the game 5 months ago. 

nope, I had it day 1 & this trophy is glitched for me

34 minutes ago, serialkilla1987 said:

Sorry to hear that, good luck people.

Yeah, i have uninstalled the game, btw did you have all patches installed? 

1 hour ago, JaapertNL said:

I am 2nd to get this platinum according to psnp. so that is not true.

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Yeah, i have uninstalled the game, btw did you have all patches installed? 

I am 2nd to get this platinum according to psnp. so that is not true.

You have uninstalled the game right. This means you are playing "clean" on patch 1.7 which causes trophies to glitch

Edited by JaapertNL

9 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

You have uninstalled the game right. This means you are playing "clean" on patch 1.7 which causes trophies to glitch

I actually unninstalled the game after the 50th try on getting this one. but you are actually mentioning something there, i got a new ps4 few months ago.

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

I actually unninstalled the game after the 50th try on getting this one. but you are actually mentioning something there, i got a new ps4 few months ago.

It is just a guess and I do of course not know why it exactly glitched. I have played the game 4 times now and I am still stuck with 4 glitched trophies. This game is trophy wise a mess and I would have expected it to be resolved with patch 1.7 where it only got worse. 

11 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

It is just a guess and I do of course not know why it exactly glitched. I have played the game 4 times now and I am still stuck with 4 glitched trophies. This game is trophy wise a mess and I would have expected it to be resolved with patch 1.7 where it only got worse. 

Ill try uninstalling game, and not installing patch (i just pause it) 

On 12.4.2017 at 5:01 AM, underground9889 said:

it is so easy if you know how ;)

no destroying cops, only first shot on it and then drive thru

It is so simple

Doesn't have to be, i got it by shooting it before reaching it, then driving trough with nobody following me.

7 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

yes, it is simple but unfortunately glitched

Try deleting all your mafia saves off the system (back them up if you want), then play everything on patch 1.07, didn't have any problems this way. But i also might have done more than the requirements for trap game and danger close for them to pop (didn't count them)