Trap Game Strong Not Popping

Throw7

Bad news, new DLC patch just installed with patch notes that it fixed "bugs" but nothing mentioned specifically. Booted up the game and tried to get the Trap Game Strong trophy but still didn't pop. Don't get your hopes up but I suggest other people give it a try just in case as well as to confirm it's still broken.

And as far as the dev/pub of the game, it would be nice if you would fix previous DLC before, or at least along with, the patch for any new DLC. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

18 hours ago, Zombiefan76 said:

Just bought the season pass on sale and played the first dlc with new patch got this in less than a hour of play 

It's always been obtainable for some people. For others it randomly glitches and won't pop, even after deleting saves and starting fresh. No idea how or why.

Just to reiterate the trophy trap game strong would not pop no matter what I did (ps4 pro).  Once I went onto my original ps4 I activated the same trap 10 times and the trophy popped first time. This isn't the first time trophies have failed to unlock on the ps4 pro 

Edited by The-Ricksterr

Can't confirm that. I've tried many times to get the trophy on my original PS4, no trophy. Bought a PS4 Pro the other day and tried today with 1.08, still no trophy - on both PS4's.

I really doubt (and hope I'm right) that the model number of your PS4 has something to do with it - it's just glitched. Could you please name other trophies you think are glitched on the PS4 Pro only?

3 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Can't confirm that. I've tried many times to get the trophy on my original PS4, no trophy. Bought a PS4 Pro the other day and tried today with 1.08, still no trophy - on both PS4's.

I really doubt (and hope I'm right) that the model number of your PS4 has something to do with it - it's just glitched. Could you please name other trophies you think are glitched on the PS4 Pro only?

I will give you a couple of trophies that have failed to pop on the ps4 pro but when playing on the original PlayStation 4 they popped first time. 

Boots on the ground 

make it personal 

both on infinite warfare  as I said both trophies did not unlock on the pro but as soon as I played the game on the original they both popped first time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

I just tried again with a new game (clean game and deleted all the old saves) but still no trophy. Probably they haven´t fixed it with patch 1.8. 

Same here. I really start to hate this trophy... ?

Finally got the trophy to pop! Listing everything I did as I'm not sure exactly what made the difference but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with step 5 and onward. Here's what I did:

1) Switched from my PS4 Pro to my regular PS4 (don't think this matters but listing it)

2) Deleted my saves and loaded an old save from right before I started the DLC (not sure if this matters)

3) Drove into the DLC area, lost the cops during the scripted cop chase, and drove around shooting 15 or so road traps but trophy didn't pop

4) Did not drop off what's her name to end the mission and instead just closed the game out of frustration

- I believe one of the following steps is what mattered but not positive

5) Logged out of PSN

6) Went into network settings and turned off Internet Connection

7) Went into Mafia saves and noticed 4 saves, 1 of which is a profile save, and 3 of which are games saves; deleted the 1 profile save and the two older game saves, leaving only the newest game save

8) Tried to start up the game but it wouldn't let me because it said that I had Internet Connection turned off, as my game is downloaded, not disc

9) Turned Internet Connection back on, signed back into PSN, and then turned Internet Connection back off

10) Strangely, I was now able to start the game with PSN signed in but Internet connection turned off (not sure how that works)

11) Game loaded post-cop chase but with what's her name still in the car with me

12) Drove around and shot 10 traps and the trophy popped

Ultimately I'm not sure what really made the difference but I would venture a guess that it has something to do with Mafia not connecting to the 2K servers due to the Internet Connection being turned off, and/or, the profile/game saves being deleted and having some kind of stat counter removed.

I would venture a guess that people having issues with the danger close trophy could also use this method to get that trophy to pop as I'm sure it's a similar counter issue.

Edit: Did this on the latest patch with the new DLC installed as well (not sure whether this matters)

Edited by Throw7
  • Like 3

Someone let me know they also got the trophy by following two of my steps:

7) Went into Mafia saves and noticed 4 saves, 1 of which is a profile save, and 3 of which are games saves; deleted the 1 profile save and the two older game saves, leaving only the newest game save

Looks like we've got a confirmed solution!

• Like 1

Finally! Thanks man! :)

I tried it first with an old savegame created a few days after release and disconnected internet - nothing happened. I tried again with the exact same savegame after I deleted my profile and the three oldest saves. And you really found the solution! I triggered the same trap 10x (without being in a chase) and the trophy popped. The good thing is, you won't "destroy" your savegame if you tried before. Just delete your profile with your PS4 disconnected and trigger 10 traps (PS4 still disconnected) and you should be fine.

Thanks again Throw7 for finding this out! PS: I got the trophy on a PS4 Pro.

4 hours ago, woggly4 said:

Finally! Thanks man! :)

I tried it first with an old savegame created a few days after release and disconnected internet - nothing happened. I tried again with the exact same savegame after I deleted my profile and the three oldest saves. And you really found the solution! I triggered the same trap 10x (without being in a chase) and the trophy popped. The good thing is, you won't "destroy" your savegame if you tried before. Just delete your profile with your PS4 disconnected and trigger 10 traps (PS4 still disconnected) and you should be fine.

Thanks again Throw7 for finding this out! PS: I got the trophy on a PS4 Pro.

Congrats!

On 6/4/2017 at 5:16 PM, Throw7 said:

Someone let me know they also got the trophy by following two of my steps:

Looks like we've got a confirmed solution!

Throw7 - you are a genius. I just got both the Trap Game Strong and the Danger Close trophy and thus finely 100%. 

Just Woggly4 I tried singing out for PSN and Internet and additionally had deleted the profile save but it did not result in the trophies to unlock. You additional step of deleting the 2 oldest save files is therefore essential for the trophies to unlock. 

Thanks for finding this out. Very much appreciated.  

On 6/4/2017 at 2:10 PM, Throw7 said:

Finally got the trophy to pop! Listing everything I did as I'm not sure exactly what made the difference but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with step 5 and onward. Here's what I did:

1) Switched from my PS4 Pro to my regular PS4 (don't think this matters but listing it)

2) Deleted my saves and loaded an old save from right before I started the DLC (not sure if this matters)

3) Drove into the DLC area, lost the cops during the scripted cop chase, and drove around shooting 15 or so road traps but trophy didn't pop

4) Did not drop off what's her name to end the mission and instead just closed the game out of frustration

- I believe one of the following steps is what mattered but not positive

5) Logged out of PSN

8) Tried to start up the game but it wouldn't let me because it said that I had Internet Connection turned off, as my game is downloaded, not disc

9) Turned Internet Connection back on, signed back into PSN, and then turned Internet Connection back off

10) Strangely, I was now able to start the game with PSN signed in but Internet connection turned off (not sure how that works)

11) Game loaded post-cop chase but with what's her name still in the car with me

12) Drove around and shot 10 traps and the trophy popped

Ultimately I'm not sure what really made the difference but I would venture a guess that it has something to do with Mafia not connecting to the 2K servers due to the Internet Connection being turned off, and/or, the profile/game saves being deleted and having some kind of stat counter removed.

I would venture a guess that people having issues with the danger close trophy could also use this method to get that trophy to pop as I'm sure it's a similar counter issue.

Edit: Did this on the latest patch with the new DLC installed as well (not sure whether this matters)

Sweet mate! Thanx, will try this in couple of days :) And hopefully get my 100% then. Congrats to those that got this solution working, looks like ppl are getting their 100% now :D

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 2:23 AM, JaapertNL said:

Throw7 - you are a genius. I just got both the Trap Game Strong and the Danger Close trophy and thus finely 100%. 

Just Woggly4 I tried singing out for PSN and Internet and additionally had deleted the profile save but it did not result in the trophies to unlock. You additional step of deleting the 2 oldest save files is therefore essential for the trophies to unlock. 

Thanks for finding this out. Very much appreciated.  

This worked! Thank you for posting it! Only problem i encountered was if you install the other dlc, dont delete the saves(like i did) load up the game so it saves the dlcs ingame and then delete the saves like jaapertnl is mentioning above. Or you will end up with a error on loading screen. So i had to play 7h. To get to dlc area.