"Danger Close" Trophy Glitched?

DarkHpokinsn

Thinking it's glitched too. Some people have it but there are posts on other forums reporting the same problem on Xbox and PC. I'm wondering if the way you use the mine matters cause you can just go for direct hits, plant it on foot and hope an enemy patrols over it, or drop/ throw one out of your car during a police chase. Either way I'm probably sitting some where over 100 total mine kills atm. Started counting around what I assume was like 50 kills, so something is definitely wrong with the tracking on this trophy.

To elaborate on what I did and am doing currently:

BEFORE: A good farming spot (unless this application of the mine doesn't count for some reason) is the DLC mission "A Good Man" where you drive to the Southern Union bar. I drove up the road and sneaked through the left side, stealth-killing the guard with his back to the main door and the guard looking out a window towards a dock behind the bar. Throwing a doll near the back door of the bar attracts 6 nearby guards. After they clumped up I threw a mine directly at one of the enemies in this cluster (for an on-contact-explosion) then left the way I came, driving until the area reset (the objective changes back to something like "go to the Southern Union bar"). I did this about 4 times at this location, and a few other times at other locations using a similar AoE lure strategy totaling to about 50 kills. 

NOW: I'm testing the car chase strategy to see if these kills count. I'll be dropping mines out of the window into the path of pursuing police cars, exhausting my mine inventory, escaping, and then resupplying to do it again. I should be back in a bit to post the results of this strategy. My backup plan is that I have a previous complete save file on a USB drive (from one of the two playthroughs I did for the platinum) and I'll try reinstating that save to try getting 30 kills again if/or when I feel like it. Since some people have earned the trophy it could be just super finicky like the Rise of the Tomb Raider 'complete all side-missions' trophy (where at one point the best workaround was just: copy a save file to USB > finish the last mission > hope the trophy popped > if it didn't, overwrite current save with the old one > finish the last mission again > hope the trophy popped > etc.).

UPDATE: Took out around 40 cop cars with mines. Taking into account that each car has two officers in it, and that the trophy hasn't popped... the problem most likely lies deeper than player control and may just have something to do with how the game is recording or reporting the trophy qualifier for its requirements to be fulfilled. *Might be worth nothing that the game autosaves (Mafia 3 logo in the top right corner of the screen) every time I got kills using either strategy so the game is definitely recording these kills. For those of you uninterested in backing up your save to a USB drive, waiting for the issue to be patched might be the best option.

Edited by ZeroGravitii

Hey. It just popped for me. 
Done all trophies besides weed ones. What i did i was driving around area You meet Cassandra (this first underboss) in, hollow. I finished base game with one underboss - Vito so there were many red marked foes on my minimap so i just drove near a group of 3, threw mine and the were dead. All 3. Drove somewhere else (still same area) and did the same. After few times it popped. They didnt spot me if it has anything do do with it. 
Hope that helps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ZeroGravitii said:

Thinking it's glitched too. Some people have it but there are posts on other forums reporting the same problem on Xbox and PC. I'm wondering if the way you use the mine matters cause you can just go for direct hits, plant it on foot and hope an enemy patrols over it, or drop/ throw one out of your car during a police chase. Either way I'm probably sitting some where over 100 total mine kills atm. Started counting around what I assume was like 50 kills, so something is definitely wrong with the tracking on this trophy.

To elaborate on what I did and am doing currently:

BEFORE: A good farming spot (unless this application of the mine doesn't count for some reason) is the DLC mission "A Good Man" where you drive to the Southern Union bar. I drove up the road and sneaked through the left side, stealth-killing the guard with his back to the main door and the guard looking out a window towards a dock behind the bar. Throwing a doll near the back door of the bar attracts 6 nearby guards. After they clumped up I threw a mine directly at one of the enemies in this cluster (for an on-contact-explosion) then left the way I came, driving until the area reset (the objective changes back to something like "go to the Southern Union bar"). I did this about 4 times at this location, and a few other times at other locations using a similar AoE lure strategy totaling to about 50 kills. 

NOW: I'm testing the car chase strategy to see if these kills count. I'll be dropping mines out of the window into the path of pursuing police cars, exhausting my mine inventory, escaping, and then resupplying to do it again. I should be back in a bit to post the results of this strategy. My backup plan is that I have a previous complete save file on a USB drive (from one of the two playthroughs I did for the platinum) and I'll try reinstating that save to try getting 30 kills again if/or when I feel like it. Since some people have earned the trophy it could be just super finicky like the Rise of the Tomb Raider 'complete all side-missions' trophy (where at one point the best workaround was just: copy a save file to USB > finish the last mission > hope the trophy popped > if it didn't, overwrite current save with the old one > finish the last mission again > hope the trophy popped > etc.).

UPDATE: Took out around 40 cop cars with mines. Taking into account that each car has two officers in it, and that the trophy hasn't popped... the problem most likely lies deeper than player control and may just have something to do with how the game is recording or reporting the trophy qualifier for its requirements to be fulfilled. *Might be worth nothing that the game autosaves (Mafia 3 logo in the top right corner of the screen) every time I got kills using either strategy so the game is definitely recording these kills. For those of you uninterested in backing up your save to a USB drive, waiting for the issue to be patched might be the best option.

Dang this sucks, was looking to 100% it again.

3 hours ago, Nakurwiator91 said:

Done all trophies besides weed ones. What i did i was driving around area You meet Cassandra (this first underboss) in, hollow. I finished base game with one underboss - Vito so there were many red marked foes on my minimap so i just drove near a group of 3, threw mine and the were dead. All 3. Drove somewhere else (still same area) and did the same. After few times it popped. They didnt spot me if it has anything do do with it. 
Hope that helps.

I'll have to look into that strategy.

Nakurwiator91's situation addresses the last scenario I haven't looked into which is mine kills outside the DLC area (since almost all of my existing kills were almost exclusively inside Sinclair Parish. I'll test this out later today probably. Didn't think it was worth looking into since using the zone as a random constraint is especially dumb IMO compared to the other methods I was using. Think I have probably 5 mine kills outside Sinclair Parish from yesterday though it shouldn't take long to test this theory.

• Like 1

Just now, ZeroGravitii said:

Nakurwiator91's situation addresses the last scenario I haven't looked into which is mine kills outside the DLC area (since almost all of my existing kills were almost exclusively inside Sinclair Parish. I'll test this out later today probably. Didn't think it was worth looking into since using the zone as a random constraint is especially dumb IMO compared to the other methods I was using. Think I have probably 5 mine kills outside Sinclair Parish from yesterday though it shouldn't take long to test this theory.

Get back to me on that buddy.

16 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Get back to me on that buddy.

I tried this on cops outside Sinclair Parish in two ways, one where they noticed me and one way unnoticed. In both cases without any result. Hopefully it works on the red marked enemies.  

Edited by JaapertNL
  • Like 1

Ok so I realize I technically didn't try two things outside trying a different save file. I didn't try killing enemies outside of Sinclair Parish and on-foot, non-direct-hit kills. So I addressed both of these scenarios by heading to one of the racket side mission areas (weed smuggling for the Hollows faction in the Bayou) and throwing mines around or at the feet of a group of two enemies (so that the mine would go off based on proximity rather than being in direct contact with an enemy). Left to reset the area after killing two and repeated until I counted over 30 kills. This also didn't work so it may just be a problem with the game properly communicating "Hey, the trophy requirements are fulfilled!" I'll try a different save file sometime today and see how that goes since IMO all of the methods I've tried (literally every possible method) do not work.

7 hours ago, Nakurwiator91 said:

Hope that helps.

Oh and I'm curious if you felt you got 30 kills before getting your trophy to pop or if you think you somehow 'fixed' the trophy by doing it they way you did. Would help me figure out what's happening. Thanks.

Edited by ZeroGravitii
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZeroGravitii said:

Ok so I realize I technically didn't try two things outside trying a different save file. I didn't try killing enemies outside of Sinclair Parish and on-foot, non-direct-hit kills. So I addressed both of these scenarios by heading to one of the racket side mission areas (weed smuggling for the Hollows faction in the Bayou) and throwing mines around or at the feet of a group of two enemies (so that the mine would go off based on proximity rather than being in direct contact with an enemy). Left to reset the area after killing two and repeated until I counted over 30 kills. This also didn't work so it may just be a problem with the game properly communicating "Hey, the trophy requirements are fulfilled!" I'll try a different save file sometime today and see how that goes since IMO all of the methods I've tried (literally every possible method) do not work.

Oh and I'm curious if you felt you got 30 kills before getting your trophy to pop or if you think you somehow 'fixed' the trophy by doing it they way you did. Would help me figure out what's happening. Thanks.

To be fair i was slightly suprised when it popped. I read here that it may be glitched, but waiting for weed to grow i thought, well lets try it. It was my 1st attempt. I haven't used mines before. I did it in Hollow only because i wanted to go to Sammys Bar to check if magically i can fast forward time by sleeping or something (forgot its bloody impossible in this game) and i saw 3 black people outside marked red as mentioned before. I gave it a go. 
To be honest i even think it popped around 23,25 kills but i just took it as my counting failure. 
It may have glitched for me in a good way or something. 

Ask for details if You think something could help. I would gladly help. 
Procedure more less EVERY TIME:
spot 3 guys talking, marked red on minimap, exit the car. they dont see You nor spot You, throw mine literally at them (few times it touched them and exploded sometimes just near them), car, drive somewhere else (still same area), same thing. I've managed to do it like in mayby 3,4 minutes counting from 1st throw. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nakurwiator91 said:

To be fair i was slightly suprised when it popped. I read here that it may be glitched, but waiting for weed to grow i thought, well lets try it. It was my 1st attempt. I haven't used mines before. I did it in Hollow only because i wanted to go to Sammys Bar to check if magically i can fast forward time by sleeping or something (forgot its bloody impossible in this game) and i saw 3 black people outside marked red as mentioned before. I gave it a go. 
To be honest i even think it popped around 23,25 kills but i just took it as my counting failure. 
It may have glitched for me in a good way or something. 

Ask for details if You think something could help. I would gladly help. 
Procedure more less EVERY TIME:
spot 3 guys talking, marked red on minimap, exit the car. they dont see You nor spot You, throw mine literally at them (few times it touched them and exploded sometimes just near them), car, drive somewhere else (still same area), same thing. I've managed to do it like in mayby 3,4 minutes counting from 1st throw. 

Thanks so much for the write up! From what you experienced I'm under the impression that you actually had the trophy just behave as intended (you lucky bastard). With this assumption, I'm led to believe it is a glitch similar in nature to the Tomb Raider glitch I wrote about:

"...where at one point the best workaround was just: copy a save file to USB > finish the last mission > hope the trophy popped > if it didn't, overwrite current save with the old one > finish the last mission again > hope the trophy popped > etc.)."

The trophy in question popped sometimes when fulfilling the requirements, but often did not. People used this functioning workaround which made it apparent the trophy pretty much popped by chance based on undetermined background factors.

So what my last attempt will probably be is just reloading my old save, holding onto mines for a while into the DLC and start accurately counting kills to about 28-29, upload this new save state to a different USB (optional, but that way i get to keep my save with the maxed out greenhouse, my safe, completed save from before the DLC without any mine kills, and this new 28-29 kills one for convenience - saved locally), and try to get the trophy to pop over and over until it works. Otherwise I'll have to just be patient and see if someone can find a workaround or a patch fixes the problem. I'm optimistic though, since this method is somewhat general and has worked with similar trophy issues. 

EDIT: Would also like to know if you did this in a single play session (did you start from 0 and go to 30 kills in a single session without closing the game?).

UPDATE: Tried the old save file strategy a couple times and just did 0 to 30 kills in one session. Neither work for me. Seems to be down to luck more or less. My best next guess is attempting this from a new save file, but I'll probably just wait for a patch.

Edited by ZeroGravitii
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ZeroGravitii said:

Thanks so much for the write up! From what you experienced I'm under the impression that you actually had the trophy just behave as intended (you lucky bastard). With this assumption, I'm led to believe it is a glitch similar in nature to the Tomb Raider glitch I wrote about:

"...where at one point the best workaround was just: copy a save file to USB > finish the last mission > hope the trophy popped > if it didn't, overwrite current save with the old one > finish the last mission again > hope the trophy popped > etc.)."

The trophy in question popped sometimes when fulfilling the requirements, but often did not. People used this functioning workaround which made it apparent the trophy pretty much popped by chance based on undetermined background factors.

So what my last attempt will probably be is just reloading my old save, holding onto mines for a while into the DLC and start accurately counting kills to about 28-29, upload this new save state to a different USB (optional, but that way i get to keep my save with the maxed out greenhouse, my safe, completed save from before the DLC without any mine kills, and this new 28-29 kills one for convenience - saved locally), and try to get the trophy to pop over and over until it works. Otherwise I'll have to just be patient and see if someone can find a workaround or a patch fixes the problem. I'm optimistic though, since this method is somewhat general and has worked with similar trophy issues. 

EDIT: Would also like to know if you did this in a single play session (did you start from 0 and go to 30 kills in a single session without closing the game?).

UPDATE: Tried the old save file strategy a couple times and just did 0 to 30 kills in one session. Neither work for me. Seems to be down to luck more or less. My best next guess is attempting this from a new save file, but I'll probably just wait for a patch.

I can't even explain how frustrated this makes me!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

I can't even explain how frustrated this makes me!

And me. With patch 1.6 there were 7 trophies glitched on me were with patch 1.7 only 2 of the 7 have been resolved but I got 2 glitched dlc trophies back for it. Of all the games I have played this is trophy wise the worst one.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaapertNL said:

And me. With patch 1.6 there were 7 trophies glitched on me were with patch 1.7 only 2 of the 7 have been resolved but I got 2 glitched dlc trophies back for it. Of all the games I have played this is trophy wise the worst one.  

Damn, so you haven't even got the Plat? I played it back when it came out in October before one of the updates apparently broke some of the trophies, we need to blow up their Twitter or something, make sure they fix this shit 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2017 at 10:15 PM, ZeroGravitii said:

Guess I'll try for the weed related trophies, how long did they take for you? Seems like a lot of waiting 

On 30. März 2017 at 2:49 AM, Nakurwiator91 said:

Tell me about it. Still waiting to get ''The new boss'' and ''No loose ends'' trophies as my last ones towards plat. 
I spent in this game far to much time than its worth. Gave up with those ones until they fix it or somebody finds solution. 

tell me about it! played the game !5! times till i finally had the plat!

12 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

tell me about it! played the game !5! times till i finally had the plat!

You had to play the game five times in order to get platinum. May I ask you what have you done in order to get the glitched trophies to unlock? I mean, you probably have tried it in 5 different way right?

15 hours ago, JaapertNL said:

You had to play the game five times in order to get platinum. May I ask you what have you done in order to get the glitched trophies to unlock? I mean, you probably have tried it in 5 different way right?

it was the "flip all bosses" trophy...

did it in every way... wiretapped all buildings, fists only etc. took my 5 playthroughs till the trophy finally popped up... don't know what i was doing wrong...

6 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

All I did was make trouble and the police would show up …So, I began to toss the bombs and just killed 30 seem straight forward for me! Sucks people having trouble?

Yeah, the trophy glitches for some people (including me,obviously) I've killed at least 150 Enemies with the mines. I've seen reports of another Trophy in the DLC being glitched but I got that one so whatever on that. Should be a hella easy Trophy to get.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

I got it to pop as well, finishing the dlc in 2 sessions. Seemed to me like I did go over 30 but it definitely popped at 40-50. Also those weed related trophies were bull, I killed about 200 pages of a book while waiting.

Also got the plat back in January without any trophy glitches in the main game. When was the patch that glitched the trophies? I definitely do agree that the studio needs to be way quicker on fixing these bugs. As well as putting out the first DLC took way too long. I feel most people lost interest in the game altogether. Just another reason to avoid season passes.