Getting More Seeds/Crops

Okay, so I just essentially started the game, I planted the two tomato seeds I had available but other than that, I'm not sure where I can get new seeds from? I imagine in the town somewhere, by talking to one of the people around? But the introduction phase for me, was just shoved into my face, not really giving me a proper idea as to who is who (save for the dude that runs the bar).  So I have no idea if there's an item shop I can go to get more seeds or not.

The Farm "next door" to the east. Vestas is she called I believe.

there are three glass houses to the north and two wooden in the south. There is usually at least one person who sells those in the bottom right house :) 

And about selling: you can only sell your dairy products over the box on your farm, everything else to Van, who is the merchanct who comes to town twice each season - the 3rd and 8th (see calendar in your house). He makes his sells next to the bar from around 12 to 6pm.

6 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

The Farm "next door" to the east. Vestas is she called I believe.

there are three glass houses to the north and two wooden in the south. There is usually at least one person who sells those in the bottom right house :) 

And about selling: you can only sell your dairy products over the box on your farm, everything else to Van, who is the merchanct who comes to town twice each season - the 3rd and 8th (see calendar in your house). He makes his sells next to the bar from around 12 to 6pm.

He's guaranteed to come on the 3rd and the 8th, but he also comes on random days, too. When I played for the first time, he showed up half the days in spring. Also, as soon as you're able, get your cow pregnant because she'll stop giving milk in late fall/early winter and that's the only way to restart it. It's a bit annoying, but you can always sell the calf later.

Edited by Torracat83

Ah, thanks for that info... I do recall that lady as well, but at least I now know where to look, as I would like to get a few more seeds before I start buying those extra tools (which I found where to buy, along with the buildings).  After all, gotta make some extra money.

And said merchant, I take it he'll be the only one I can actually sell my crops to afterwards?

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah, thanks for that info... I do recall that lady as well, but at least I now know where to look, as I would like to get a few more seeds before I start buying those extra tools (which I found where to buy, along with the buildings).  After all, gotta make some extra money.

And said merchant, I take it he'll be the only one I can actually sell my crops to afterwards?

It's been a while, so I can't fully remember, but when he's in town, he opens his shop beside the inn. He's a very large man with a red shirt. He'll usually stop in the inn before he opens his shop for the day and sometimes you get to see a rather amusing cutscene.

40 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Haven't found anyone else so far.

However, you can just set up shop youself on "his" location and sell pretty much all stuff to bypassers, but I haven't tried that. I scrolled through the little digital text-guide (below the App-Symbol on the PS4's menu) and it said you might want to remove your tools and things you don't want to sell from your backpack beforehand, as people want to buy anything you got.

7 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

Haven't found anyone else so far.

However, you can just set up shop youself on "his" location and sell pretty much all stuff to bypassers, but I haven't tried that. I scrolled through the little digital text-guide (below the App-Symbol on the PS4's menu) and it said you might want to remove your tools and things you don't want to sell from your backpack beforehand, as people want to buy anything you got.

Don't recommend this as it's better to gift things then to sell them things.

The most optimal way to spend a day is to get up at 6 AM; Pet/Cuddle/Talk with cows, Add fodder then Milk. When all done you should tend to crops by watering and nothing else.

If you are done with everything around 10 AM you should spend the next 3 hours gifting and talking to people in town that does not require you to go indoors. Especially Nina.

Around 1 PM you should be heading to the excavation site where you should be digging for the tablets as long as they allow you too.

When they close shop you should walk back home and tend to your cows again, around 6 PM.

After the cows you should harvest crops and fill your watering can.

Head to sleep around 6:45 PM-8 PM so you get up early to repeat above schedule.

This will give you the most money possible for year one, You should get the Fishing Rod as early as possible from the shop as that increases your income during days there is no digging.