South park:the fractured but whole refund on pre order

Just received this email from sony: 

Dear wolverine123,

Thanks again for your pre-order of South Park™: The Fractured but Whole™ from PlayStation®Store.

We recently informed you that there is no new confirmed release date for South Park and unfortunately we are still unable to confirm a release date. Therefore we have regrettably decided to cancel and refund your pre-order, however we’re pleased to tell that you are able to keep the copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.

Your payment will be refunded to your payment method in the next 7 – 10 days unless you paid using a voucher code, PaySafe or mobile phone billing, in which case your payment will be refunded to your wallet in the next 7 – 10 days.

If you paid by a combination of credit card and wallet top up your payment will be refunded partly to your credit card and partly to your wallet in the next 7 – 10 days.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and if you need any further assistance then please drop us a line.

Kind Regards,

The PlayStation team

T F I A 

I was quite happy with them sitting on the money till it came out. Not gonna argue with my free copy of stick of truth. I don't know how it'd work if they took that off me when I've already platted it.

I guess I'll just buy the disc version when it eventually arrives. I only pre ordered for the stick of truth.

Anyone else had this email?

I decided to pre-order the collector's edition so I didn't get the e-mail.

Had it all paid off but since it was delayed and I had the Switch coming up, I transferred those funds to the Switch pre-order.

What a weird thing of them to do though, I mean the game is definitely coming out, if not this summer then Q4 2018 at the latest, for sure... Why would they not just send a mail to allow you to cancel if you'd want to? It's technically the same amount of generosity people see yet it's not an automatic cancel.

Darn, I knew I should have pre ordered the digital copy. I wanted SoT but I decided to hold off because it was almost £20 more for the digital version. I didn't mind waiting for a few months for SoT if I was going to save that much. I still have FBW paid for on Amazon, so I'll get both games when it finally releases next millennium lol. 

Im calling it though, I'm saying the game will most likely release in line with Season 21. So I'd say August - November. 

Looks like it will be quite a while before this is released. If they had taken SOT back I wouldn't care because I've platted it now. I also only preordered to get it. I'll just put that cash into something else I suppose... Sony will be getting it back LOL

On March 29, 2017 at 2:31 PM, wolverine123 said:

Just received this email from sony: 

Dear wolverine123,

Thanks again for your pre-order of South Park2122.png: The Fractured but Whole2122.png from PlayStation00ae.pngStore.

We recently informed you that there is no new confirmed release date for South Park and unfortunately we are still unable to confirm a release date. Therefore we have regrettably decided to cancel and refund your pre-order, however we’re pleased to tell that you are able to keep the copy of South Park: The Stick of Truth for free.

Your payment will be refunded to your payment method in the next 7 – 10 days unless you paid using a voucher code, PaySafe or mobile phone billing, in which case your payment will be refunded to your wallet in the next 7 – 10 days.

If you paid by a combination of credit card and wallet top up your payment will be refunded partly to your credit card and partly to your wallet in the next 7 – 10 days.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused and if you need any further assistance then please drop us a line.

Kind Regards,

The PlayStation team

T F I A 

I was quite happy with them sitting on the money till it came out. Not gonna argue with my free copy of stick of truth. I don't know how it'd work if they took that off me when I've already platted it.

I guess I'll just buy the disc version when it eventually arrives. I only pre ordered for the stick of truth.

Anyone else had this email?

How did you receive the email? Or did it just appear randomly?

This honestly sounds bad for Ubisoft. Any hype I had for this game has been slowly dying with each delay. The fact that they still don't have a release date is worrying when you consider they originally slapped a release date of this past December on the game before it's first delay. Then it's second delay went from March to just plain old 2017...

On 3/29/2017 at 6:31 AM, wolverine123 said:

Good on Sony (and the devs), and good for you. But this does not bode well for the game itself.

Maybe I'm just dumb, but I really don't understand why South Park games always have ridiculous delays. They're 2D turn-based RPGs. People have already released "15 minutes of gameplay!" videos. I feel like the game should be out by now? If this takes long enough, all the material they've included will no longer be relevant, and that's kind of a death sentence for a series that writes its episodes the week they come out in an attempt to stay current. Can't wait to play a game about the 2016 election during the debates for the 2020 election!

On Fri Mar 31 2017 at 0:14 PM, Zozrge said:

How did you receive the email? Or did it just appear randomly?

They've sent a couple of emails each time it got delayed offering a refund if I wanted one. This time it's a compulsory refund. It's genuine if that's what your getting at. I know this because the refund has gone through, half to PayPal and half to psn wallet as that's how I paid.