Score Attack: Tips for 1,000,000+ points

Karnacharya

Hey everyone. I haven't really dabbled in Score Attack very much yet, but I think setting up a thread where people can discuss their strategies to make this trophy more doable is probably a good idea. The videos and posts I've seen online thus far tend to agree on a few things:

1. Parrying + Countering is the most efficient way to gain points. Remember that you need to HOLD :square: at the correct time to parry properly.

2. Combo count really isn't important, so again, don't use combos.

3. Run. Everywhere. That said though, time remaining bonuses are negligible, so don't skip mobs as a way of saving time.

4. Pillars are the best way to kill non-human enemies.

5. Glaive Arts are the best way to kill bosses; kill as many of the Boss mobs as possible, because mobs stop spawning when the Boss is defeated.  

6. Enemies that glow red have unblockable attacks, so kill them as quickly as possible.

Please share any tips, experiences, and stories that you might have in Score Attack mode! Every little bit helps!

ETA: Here is a video of a player scoring 1,100,000+ points. You may also find this video helpful.

Edited by darkamdusias
Added video links.
  • Like 1

Just adding, I kept two main rules in mind:
1. Patiently wait to Parry + Counter in any fight with 2+ non-red-glowing enemies.
2. Save one Maelstrom for a boss fight and use it either when time is short, HP is ~10% or the boss gets into a last red-glow phase.

And by boss fight I mean Nergal (wraith), Enkidu (flying thing), Humbaba (red giant) and Gilgamesh, because when you finish these, time is reset for the next run.

Value counter points over time bonus. Use all the time you can and Counter, Counter, Counter.

I don't recommend using the pillars, you should use parry for like most of the time, for the bossess, doing the maelstrom with the dual arts nets you a lot of scores even if there were other monsters with it since every hit with the dual arts gives you a good amount of scores :3

also here's a video if anyone got trouble with the trophy:

1000000+ Score

good luck ^^

I managed to get two runs above 1 million, using the same strategy. 

1.the best thing is indeed parry as much as you can, but always making sure you're above 3 at least on Rage.

2.Try to use maelstron glave art with 4 rage on swarm of enemies or against bosses, don't waste other on other glaves

3. to keep the rage up keep blocking

I recorded this video last night, sadly my first attempt i forgot to record, but i'll keep coming back to increase my score, this was still 1 million.

Also, if for some reason you are scared you wont make it ... save some healing items ... as you parry you might fail a lot ... better block to long then to short ... if you dont get hit, you dont loose hp ... if you dont loose hp you dont have to heal and can save some extra 100k points with item bonus ...

i ended up being lucky and had a bonus of 100k in the end ...

gl and enjoy this great dlc =)

I also found that farming the red giant for points is really helpful. The counter where you slam him to the ground gives 10k plus when you do it. Save your glaive art and farm counters on him. When you run low on time, he should be almost dead, so use your super and kill him. Easy to get an extra 100k here doing this. 

• Like 1