PS+ Games April 2017

MesopithecusUK

Shit, utter shit.

(Because Vita games are once again cross buy. :awesome: )

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Think about it this way, guys. With all the awesome games coming out as of late, Sony are doing us a favour by making this months PS+ lineup lacklustre. That way we can focus on playing games like Persona 5 instead. Thanks Sony! You're so considerate. :P

Why such a funny thing has to hurt so much? xDDD

1 hour ago, ruffedgz said:

Wow, the hatred for free stuff

Games like this should be free.

Not everyone subscribes to Plus for PS4 MP.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

I don't have any particular interest in this months plus games. But free is free and some of them look like easy platinums. That's a plus if you think about it. :hmm: More games= more platinums= leaderboard promotion= higher profile completion. That's how I see it from my perspective. 

• Like 1

Since September 2016, I only downloaded stories path of destinies, everybody's gone to the rapture, and the deadly tower of monsters.

I only got to play deadly tower from this list and even then I felt it was meh. 

This month, I probably won't add anything to this list. Ehh Im paying for the discounts and MP I suppose.

• Like 1

As always, I only appreciate OPs with actual links to the games on PSNP. Here @Rach, have a like!

I'm super psyched for Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime. I don't really care for the rest but just having LIADS makes this month worth it for me (and I'm getting a lot out of the PS+ discounts this week as well). Most of the rest looks fun but most of them are way outside my comfort zone, genre-wise.

• Drawn To Death - seems like an MP only FPS so double pass.
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - had my eye on it since it was released but me and the missus still have other stuff to get through, super psyched that we'll get it on PS+.
  • Invizimals: the Lost Kingdom - watched a gameplay video. I'll put it on my backlog list to play sometime if I have played the more interesting games on my backlog.
  • Alien Rage - I like it for the FPS fans that they finally get a game again but usually this stuff is not for me. I'll give it an honest try, at least.
  • 10 Second Ninja - well the trophy list has me laughing already without knowing anything about the game so that's a plus... I'm not into speedrunning at all though so this game is probably not meant for me.
  • Curses ‘n Chaos - again, probably not for me this one, not my genre and I often don't like faux retro graphics.

45 minutes ago, poopooblast said:

Since September 2016, I only downloaded stories path of destinies, everybody's gone to the rapture, and the deadly tower of monsters.

I only got to play deadly tower from this list and even then I felt it was meh. 

This month, I probably won't add anything to this list. Ehh Im paying for the discounts and MP I suppose.

Since June 2014, I've played through and liked at least one game each month, often at least two. Then again I'm only paying for PS+ because of the IGC games (and the discounts are a nice bonus) so it's obvious that I still like them or I would have dropped PS+ just as hard as I dropped GwG. My PS+ is ending soon but I'll buy another month right away.

I loved Deadly Tower, by the way. Thought it was an awesome game and very glad I got it through PS+ because while I enjoyed the trailer, I'd forgotten all about the game by the time it was released.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Since June 2014, I've played through and liked at least one game each month, often at least two. Then again I'm only paying for PS+ because of the IGC games (and the discounts are a nice bonus) so it's obvious that I still like them or I would have dropped PS+ just as hard as I dropped GwG. My PS+ is ending soon but I'll buy another month right away.

I loved Deadly Tower, by the way. Thought it was an awesome game and very glad I got it through PS+ because while I enjoyed the trailer, I'd forgotten all about the game by the time it was released.

It's great that you're enjoying the igc.

As for me i often tell people to disregard my view on ps plus in general because it's stock full of indie games and genres that I don't like. You can formulate an idea based on what I like through my trophy list and it kind of explains why I often avoid playing the PS plus games. I've just accepted that I don't think there will be ever games that i might enjoy so as of now, Ill be paying for the discounts and MP and the games are just a bonus on the side.

• Like 1

As someone who bought Lovers last year, I would say it is definitely NOT in everyone's wheelhouse. If you have a buddy (or significant other) who misses the days of really chaotic couch co-op, it really is something different and worth some of your time...especially now that it will be free. Crank the difficulty to max and it actually IS hard. But overall, it's an easy plat if you've got a buddy nearby. Just be ready to yell at each other about who's NOT piloting the ship away from the explosion fast enough as you retry the mission...AGAIN. 

Good couch co-op is very old school, niche, and, for at least some consoles, almost absent. Obligatory soapbox sermonizing following obligatory shitting on ps plus free titles concluded. 

• Like 2

Now after looking at gameplay for all games...

The paper shooter looks really fun.

The lovers' game... I don't have a significant other (and I cant see myself engaged in the gameplay playing alone, whether for relaxation or fun).

Invizimals, just like the previously recent version given out on the IGC for Vita, I dont care for and will ignore.

Another 2D indie ninja game (Ive noticed a theme in Sony doing sister/brother parallel games via the follow up IGCs, multiple times).. looks like a simple, limited fun indie game.

Alien Rage...the bads apparantly outweight the goods.

Curse and Chaos... plenty of these nearly-exact type of games are always given out on IGC, like every month just about. Ill pass (so SNES).

Hmmm...

• Like 1

To me personally the April 2017 list looks just as bad as the one back in August 2016. :angry: People will think otherwise :rolleyes: but that's just how i feel about it.

EDIT: i just looked at the post on the European PlayStation Blog and to no surprise there are a lot of people who think it's a complete joke. B)

Edited by Skeptical69

8 hours ago, dmland12 said:

This is going to sound a little crazy maybe, but for me the best part of the PS+ lineups is that I've generally never heard of most of the games before.  I know.  I know.  That's the part a lot of people hate, but hear me out!

The games that I know about and think I'll like...  I generally just buy them (or get them purchased for me for xmas/birthday etc).  Maybe I'll wait a while before buying if I've got other games I want to play first, but I get around to buying them sooner or later.  So, that generally leaves games that I've heard of and decided I didn't want or games that I've never heard of.  I'll take a swipe at the latter category please!

It's true some of them are terrible (Ether One) and some of them are not really my kind of thing, but I've found a lot of interesting, good games on plus that I wouldn't have played and enjoyed otherwise. It doesn't hurt to try something knew or reserve judgment until you've tried it.

So I have no idea if I'll like any of these games or when I'll get around to playing them, but I'll put them on the backlog (at least all of them playable on PS4, since I don't have a PS3 or Vita).  And, sometime later when I'm looking for something to play I'll look at my plus backlog and try to pull something interesting from it.  I've had good experiences with this so far, but YMMV and all that.  :)

I agree with this! I'd honestly rather see more "less known" smaller games than AAA games, and not just because I don't like most AAA games... I see this as a good chance to find and try something new. Sure, games will be hit or miss, but there's always at least one game each month (well, for the few months I've been a Plus member so far... and looking back past months) that catches my interest at least slightly. Most "big" games I have been interested in... I've already gotten by that point.

And sure, game tastes will vary but I sometimes wonder if some people barely glance at the list before deciding "meh, looks like crap (because it doesn't have a big AAA game I recognize)" :rolleyes: At least try giving the games a look, google screenshots, gameplay videos ect.

As for some personal thoughts:

- Drawn to Death has an interesting artstyle which is always appreciated but I don't think the gameplay is for me, especially multiplayer

- LIADS seems very multiplayer/coop-focused as part of the experience, anyone know if a singleplayer run would be worth it?

- Might check out Invizimals

- Alien Rage... doesn't look like my kind of game

- 10 Second Ninja... might check it out

- Will probably check out Curses and Chaos

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

I'm just gonna pretend like a few of the games I bought over the weekend are this month's Plus games. :P Not my kind of games, but can't win 'em all. I'll still add them to my download list. It's part of the service I'm paying for, so why not? Never will understand the reasoning behind not doing so. You may change your mind someday, or have someone enter your life who would like to play this or that.