PS+ Games April 2017

MesopithecusUK

14 minutes ago, Gotrek_74 said:

The problem with that comparison is that it is just one month you are looking at. Admittedly, this month's GwG isn't the best but, despite PS+ already having three of those titles it is a better line up, something Microsoft can generally say month on month.

I also like the occasional indie game now and then but, as the OP states, Sony need to mix it up and offer more in the way of AAA. I do the even mind that they could be ones I've already played, its good to see others get the chance to play those classics. If they offer more AAA I know that even if there were games I had played there would be a few that I haven't but Sony seem intent on the business strategy of purchasing games that give them more profit (by purchasing games cheaply) rather than giving the consumer satisfaction.

The main game this month is also a joke, it was previously meant to be a free to play title and now we get it as a PS + offering. Despicable business practice.

Oh, I can do more GwG month opinions if you want, I've got time. I'll even be a good sport and let you decide which months :) honestly, I've had GwG for two year and PS+ for almost three, I've stopped with GwG but I keep renewing PS+ because I actually like at least one or two games each month. I keep watching GwG to see if I should renew but every time it's games I have and games I don't care for. PS+ gives me games I didn't know I cared for, I think that's better.

Opinions being opinions, me and others not feeling like having more AAA games already get satisfaction from the PS+ offerings. We'll buy the AAA games we want right away anyway, there's more worth in getting unknown games you didn't know you wanted. Of course this doesn't help the people who don't want to give these games a shot.

I've not been in the loop about Drawn To Death, I almost never like FPS games and I never like online multiplayer only games. For me, this is a lesser month as there's only one of these games I'd want to put near the top of my backlog (Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime). Then again, that game was on my wish list and I really wanted to buy that one when my backlog had been reduced a bit so I'm super glad I got it through PS+ now. That makes this a good month for me, even without looking at how many discounts I've had this past week (Full Throttle pre-order, Uncharted trilogy remastered...).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kubanga said:

Weird how people for some reason don't bat a eye at Sony for pawning off Indies every month which usually don't work by the way cough Ether One cough. Sony has just been lazy with ps plus for a long time now. They just put out cheap indie games now since the ps4 is ahead of the Xbox 1 and probably will be for the rest of this gen, meanwhile Xbox offers decent AAA games every month just like Sony used to do when the ps3 was getting fucked up by the 360. Funny how that works... Its alright though, i've come to expect this stuff every month.

According to PSNProfiles, which is, you know, one site, 97,865 people have played Ether One. Not completed. Played. Meaning, they downloaded it and actually fit time to actually give it a chance. Whether they thought it was good or bad isn't even relevant to this kind of discussion, because it proves you're wrong. It's an indie, people downloaded and tried out said indie. And just because a game has bugs doesn't mean it doesn't work. I see loads of people with that platinum. How do you platinum a game that doesn't work, hmm? Please, enlighten me.

I guess you also forget that Sony is being extremely aggressive with their indie games this generation. You wanna know who was aggressive with indies last generation? Xbox. And who dominated that generation for a long time? Microsoft. Now I'm not saying that Indies are the sole reason for that, and I know some people will draw that conclusion because they're special, but you have to realize that just because you don't like indies doesn't mean other people don't.

Indie games for Plus are great. I have a lot of disposable income that I am happy to blow on games that I want. I don't need to rely on a free gaming service to get the games that I want. The games that I am perfectly fine with waiting, or getting free, are the ones that I normally don't buy. And boom... there's the beauty of the free game offering for PS+. They provide games that I normally don't buy. My kid nephew loves giving them a go too.

I think you also don't realize that Xbox has been playing catch up with Sony this entire generation. Free AAA games isn't helping Microsoft sell consoles, at all. Sony doesn't have to offer you Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn as April's free game offerings to get people to buy PS4s. If anything, doing that would be a colossal mistake, business wise.

I swear it's astounding that all these complainers have no education on the business side of things.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Valyrious said:

According to PSNProfiles, which is, you know, one site, 97,865 people have played Ether One. Not completed. Played. Meaning, they downloaded it and actually fit time to actually give it a chance. Whether they thought it was good or bad isn't even relevant to this kind of discussion, because it proves you're wrong. It's an indie, people downloaded and tried out said indie. And just because a game has bugs doesn't mean it doesn't work. I see loads of people with that platinum. How do you platinum a game that doesn't work, hmm? Please, enlighten me.

I guess you also forget that Sony is being extremely aggressive with their indie games this generation. You wanna know who was aggressive with indies last generation? Xbox. And who dominated that generation for a long time? Microsoft. Now I'm not saying that Indies are the sole reason for that, and I know some people will draw that conclusion because they're special, but you have to realize that just because you don't like indies doesn't mean other people don't.

Indie games for Plus are great. I have a lot of disposable income that I am happy to blow on games that I want. I don't need to rely on a free gaming service to get the games that I want. The games that I am perfectly fine with waiting, or getting free, are the ones that I normally don't buy. And boom... there's the beauty of the free game offering for PS+. They provide games that I normally don't buy. My kid nephew loves giving them a go too.

I think you also don't realize that Xbox has been playing catch up with Sony this entire generation. Free AAA games isn't helping Microsoft sell consoles, at all. Sony doesn't have to offer you Persona 5 and Horizon Zero Dawn as April's free game offerings to get people to buy PS4s. If anything, doing that would be a colossal mistake, business wise.

I swear it's astounding that all these complainers have no education on the business side of things.

Oh look at this a fanboy who apparently didint read my comments, wow I'm so shocked and surprised. I knew these types of replies with the " it's Sony so they can't do anything wrong" would appear. Again I'll repeat myself. I DO NOT want the games THIS month. So why not make a cheaper alternative, and if there's a month with games I want I'll upgrade. As I also said I DONT hate indies. Yeah I don't like the ones this month so screw me right? As for your every AAA game for some reason = the newest one out is bullshit. No I don't want or expect them to give us games like that I just want some old games like Mass Effect 1 or something. I don't ask for much ya know. Lastly, again read my comments before about the indies with Microsoft and Sony and you'll clearly see I know exactly why they're doing it. This time please read before responding, thanks.

Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Juzota said:

People can bitch and moan as much as they want, but as long as you're still paying for PS+ there's no reason for Sony to do any changes.

I personally like that PS+ gives us lots of indie games. There has been lots of hidden gems that I would've passed otherwise because I didn't even knew that they exist. My second favorite game of all time (The Binding of Isaac) was PS+ game and I did not have any idea what it was before Sony offered it to me. For me personally there's no really a need for AAA games on IGC because I buy every game I want to play. PS+ is a way to experience lots of new stuff with relatively low cost. Don't see that as a bad thing.

And to people who says that Xbox has always better "free" games. Well you know what, you can buy Xbox. I know that, because I have one.

They don't have to do anything, really. This is like going to a party, and getting one of those random loot bags. You have no control over what is inside the bag, and there's a good chance none of it will pertain to your interests. But the mystery is fun. I view the same thing with Plus.

Well, it's more than that. Unlike many, my use for Plus is more for discounts and cloud saves than the actual free games, but I digress.

People are more than welcome to run to daddy Microsoft if they feel their offerings are better. If free games are all that you care about, and not exclusives, then you have no business buying video games in the first place.

It's just so incredibly popular nowadays to broadcast your toxic opinion. If the free games suck, then buy what you want and shut up. Nah, I'm kidding, that's too difficult, isn't it?

• Like 2

Well guys, girls, it's been fun but I've had my fill of having to explain that I buy PS+ only for the IGC games (and to a lesser extent, the discounts).

Whatta y'all say, shall we repeat this conversation four weeks from now? It might be more efficient to just all link to our earlier statements though.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2017 at 0:47 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Well guys, girls, it's been fun but I've had my fill of having to explain that I buy PS+ only for the IGC games (and to a lesser extent, the discounts).

Whatta y'all say, shall we repeat this conversation four weeks from now? It might be more efficient to just all link to our earlier statements though.

LOL. Even as someone who has complained about the PS+ offerings, I'm pretty amazed that literally the same convo happens, month after month. Honestly, though, I'm guilty as well. I can't count the number of times that I've told someone that a free game isn't free (there's a hefty f*ckin' fee!).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2017 at 6:54 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Oh, I can do more GwG month opinions if you want, I've got time. I'll even be a good sport and let you decide which months :) honestly, I've had GwG for two year and PS+ for almost three, I've stopped with GwG but I keep renewing PS+ because I actually like at least one or two games each month. I keep watching GwG to see if I should renew but every time it's games I have and games I don't care for. PS+ gives me games I didn't know I cared for, I think that's better.

Opinions being opinions, me and others not feeling like having more AAA games already get satisfaction from the PS+ offerings. We'll buy the AAA games we want right away anyway, there's more worth in getting unknown games you didn't know you wanted. Of course this doesn't help the people who don't want to give these games a shot.

I've not been in the loop about Drawn To Death, I almost never like FPS games and I never like online multiplayer only games. For me, this is a lesser month as there's only one of these games I'd want to put near the top of my backlog (Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime). Then again, that game was on my wish list and I really wanted to buy that one when my backlog had been reduced a bit so I'm super glad I got it through PS+ now. That makes this a good month for me, even without looking at how many discounts I've had this past week (Full Throttle pre-order, Uncharted trilogy remastered...).

If you enjoy PS Plus monthly games over GWG the that's fine but understand that you are in a minority.

As for the Drawn to Death fiasco, did you actually read my post??? It was going to be a Free to Play game but Sony then decided that it was going to be given away as anew IGC game which, in effect, means that people had to PAY to get it for free. That is a despicable thing for Sony to do.

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comments

Took you a damn long time to figure out a reply and it's not even a good one. I'd think that over three weeks would have been enough time to come up with something useful but I think you'd better wait three more weeks.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, Gotrek_74 said:

If you enjoy PS Plus monthly games over GWG the that's fine but understand that you are in a minority.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:02 PM, ryankamal1998 said:

One would assume you'd have the statistics for such a statement. Mind showing them?

Exactly.

As for the Drawn to Death fiasco, did you actually read my post??? It was going to be a Free to Play game but Sony then decided that it was going to be given away as anew IGC game which, in effect, means that people had to PAY to get it for free. That is a despicable thing for Sony to do.

I read your post, did you read mine? I don't care one bit for Drawn To Death and it does not factor into my opinion on PS+.

And Sony did not decide anything. The devs wanted to make it a free-to-play game, then they wanted to make it a paid game. Then the PS+ thing happened. You're conveniently keeping the "the devs made it a paid game" out of your argument.

Edited by Stevieboy
Clean up for previous edit.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:02 PM, ryankamal1998 said:

One would assume you'd have the statistics for such a statement. Mind showing them?

Head over to the Playstation Blog forums and see the poll there. Do your own research in future if you don't mind though, especially when involvedo in a conversation between others.

On 4/22/2017 at 11:08 PM, BillyHorrible said:

Took you a damn long time to figure out a reply and it's not even a good one. I'd think that over three weeks would have been enough time to come up with something useful but I think you'd better wait three more weeks.

Exactly.

I read your post, did you read mine? I don't care one bit for Drawn To Death and it does not factor into my opinion on PS+.

And Sony did not decide anything. The devs wanted to make it a free-to-play game, then they wanted to make it a paid game. Then the PS+ thing happened. You're conveniently keeping the "the devs made it a paid game" out of your argument.

Yes, I did. You can't even remember what you said it seems. You stated that you don't even know much about it at the time. The game hadn't even released for you to have an opinion. 

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comments

4 hours ago, Gotrek_74 said:

Head over to the Playstation Blog forums and see the poll there. Do your own research in future if you don't mind though, especially when involvedo in a conversation between others.

A negative opinion will get shared earlier than a positive one, that's a simple fact and it goes triple for teh internets. If your only source is gping to be the PS blog then you may as well not even bother.

Yes, I did. You can't even remember what you said it seems. You stated that you don't even know much about it at the time. The game hadn't even released for you to have an opinion.

Yeah, of course I have an opinion already - I don't like multiplayer only games and don't care for any that get released, double if it's FPS since I often don't care for that either. Problem? Apperently so since you were the one blaming me for not hating Sony after this game became PS+. I simply don't care, and now you've gone ahead and missed why I asked if you had even read my post.

As for my reason for leaving it for three weeks I don't log into these forums with any regularity. Is that okay with you or is it enough reason to act like a prat again? Get off your high horse and start thinking about others opinions rather than assuming yours is the only and/or THE opinion.

This becomes funnier and funnier. I'm generally the one seeing points on both sides of debates and I know perfectly well that my opinion is not the only one. YOU were the one saying this though:

9 hours ago, Gotrek_74 said:

That is a despicable thing for Sony to do and if you can't see that then you must be in the zealot category.

How is that for respecting other people's opinions? Plus, in your very own new post earlier you think it's bad that I have an opinion on Drawn To Death even though it's just because I don't like multiplayer games and FPS games. Yeah, I'm done with you. Don't bother quoting me because I won't respond anyway, you're just going to insult me, misinterpret me and ignore my actual arguments anyway.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Gotrek_74 said:

Because everyone uses PlayStation blog right? How many people does that include lmao. How about bring evidence to back up your statements before spurring bullshit in future? 

Also the forums are here for a reason, if you don't want others to join in a 1 on 1 conversation then use PM's. 

• Like 4

On 4/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, Gotrek_74 said:

Did you see what GWG was this month? One game that was a PS+ game in 2015, one game that was a PS+ game in 2013, one game from 2010, one game that was a compilation of some PS2 games where the PS3 version of it doesn't even have trophies from 2007... This is not far from the case every month, so gimme a break.

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comments
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Are you high dude? Can I have some of that stuff? *insert a couple of memes*

Did you see what GWG was this month? One game that was a PS+ game in 2015, one game that was a PS+ game in 2013, one game from 2010, one game that was a compilation of some PS2 games where the PS3 version of it doesn't even have trophies from 2007... This is not far from the case every month, so gimme a break.

Yeah, but dude, they're all games we've heard of! Most of them are AAA's! We're just jealous. He has a point, I wish I could play Lego Star Wars Saga on my PS4.

That's sarcasm, by the way. I don't need to play a game from 2007 on my PS4.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2017 at 8:47 AM, ryankamal1998 said:

Because everyone uses PlayStation blog right? How many people does that include lmao. How about bring evidence to back up your statements before spurring bullshit in future? 

Also the forums are here for a reason, if you don't want others to join in a 1 on 1 conversation then use PM's. 

Polls are done with far fewer people giving input and this one had around 2500 people voting. I give you evidence and you shun it. Like I said though, do your own research, especially if that which I give isn't good enough for you. 

Now I want you to give evidence to support your claim. Something tells me that you won't though. Because you cant.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:00 PM, Valyrious said:

Yeah, but dude, they're all games we've heard of! Most of them are AAA's! We're just jealous. He has a point, I wish I could play Lego Star Wars Saga on my PS4.

That's sarcasm, by the way. I don't need to play a game from 2007 on my PS4.

I hear your point, both the serious and the sarcastic but do you see mine? Xbox GwG is a far superior service to IGC. There is no denying that.

The Lego games etc also this month are still better than the offerings on IGC despite being a pretty poor line up but this is a low point for GwG and it STILL beats Ps's offerings.

Edited by Stevieboy
Unnecessary comments